Who's Going To Uni?

Is there something that you're wanting to say?

I used to know a guy who tested computer games. Sounds great, doesn't it? What it actually boils down to, though, is walking the character through a door from every angle imaginable to make sure that there aren't any glitches at any stage. I imagine that a degree in computer gaming would be the same, it sounds great but would actually be very boring.

No. What I'm planning to do is game design; create the next "GTA" or whatever. Basically create a game that revolutionises the genre in question. In a few years you could be playing games made by "twisteH Productions ©".

anyone doing a postgraduate at stirling?

:sobs:

For my sins, I've been here for 2 years. What you doing?

A degree in computer games would be shit, you'd end up hating them.

This man speaks sense. I did a degree in computer science. I hate computers now.

:sobs:

For my sins, I've been here for 2 years. What you doing?

This man speaks sense. I did a degree in computer science. I hate computers now.

The man indeed talks sense, fabricating micro mechanical devices sounds like fun until you try it.....

I raise you a post grad in Information Systems Development, without even having done Standard Grade computing.

Programming is fucking boring!

I've been flat hunting since Monday and I'm officially bored of it.

Considering just applying for Buchanan View, least it'll be quick and easy to sort, but its bloody expensive. Anyone else going there?

Im in Blackfriars, which is pretty much the same as Buchanan view except (a little) more expensive.

It is pretty decent though, plus you get free internet.

Im in Blackfriars, which is pretty much the same as Buchanan view except (a little) more expensive.

I stayed in Sandyford place and found it decent. At least you didn't have to worry about other stumping up there rent and share of bills!

The meeting for the scholarship was on 2nd September and if I was successful I would hear back soon thereafter.

Not heard anything back, not looking good :unsure: .

Should probably contact Strathclyde.

Where all the cool kids are.

qqu8mc.jpg

B)

I've actually been meaning to ask you about doing medicine as a postgraduate (you are doing it, right? :unsure: ). What qualification do you need Chemistry-wise? I have a B in Chemistry at Higher (the minimum for Ninewells at undergraduate) but don't know if they'll accept a 4 year old qualification.

Oh and did you need to do a lot of stuff outside education (like work in a pharmacy or w/e)?

Edited by Grogory Hoose

All the rooms in Blackfriars have been taken, as is Gibson Street. Buchanan View the only one with spaces left(or Victoria Hall, but I kinda got banned from there, but thats another story), and even then its only the more expensive double rooms.

Reckon I'll sign up either tonight or tomorrow morning before I leave for the game. Think you can choose your flatmates so I'll go for the most with the most ladies in it, like a proper perve.........

That's me all packed. Christ this hasn't even sunk in yet. The b*****d is I have to wait til my mum finishes work before heading up with my dad so I will miss the Scotland game most definately, so I'm a wee bit gutted about that. I hope my flatmates aren't wankers, although I'm not hoping for much so that I'm not disappointed. I've got a couple of P&Bers in my building so I should be ok. :P

Best of luck to those going to pastures new. :)

That's me all packed. Christ this hasn't even sunk in yet. The b*****d is I have to wait til my mum finishes work before heading up with my dad so I will miss the Scotland game most definately, so I'm a wee bit gutted about that. I hope my flatmates aren't wankers, although I'm not hoping for much so that I'm not disappointed. I've got a couple of P&Bers in my building so I should be ok. :P

Best of luck to those going to pastures new. :)

Scots, nae luck. Bunch of wankers on the whole.

You want foreigners, far easier to get along with and they find all your anecdotes funny as they haven't heard them before. :)

B)

I've actually been meaning to ask you about doing medicine as a postgraduate (you are doing it, right? :unsure: ). What qualification do you need Chemistry-wise? I have a B in Chemistry at Higher (the minimum for Ninewells at undergraduate) but don't know if they'll accept a 4 year old qualification.

Oh and did you need to do a lot of stuff outside education (like work in a pharmacy or w/e)?

I've got Chemistry at B so that must be minimum, but I don't think that was a factor. Long as you've got a 2:1 in a related subject, experience in a related field (I've worked in a care home but even shadowing a GP for a day, volunteering in a hospice or a job as a hospital porter and such like) and can show them that you're committed and pass the interviews. You'll need a fucking belter of a personal statement, I was told by a few careers folk and a couple of doctors that mine was a topper.

And also you need to be quite handsome. Naturally.