Who's Going To Uni?

I'm going next year. I'm interested in gaming and so was looking into that and Abertay seems to be one of the options; anyone here got any thoughts on that, or if you've been/go to it?

Cheers.

:huh: Why are you going to Dundee Uni? There's plenty of other universities in Scotland. Maybe if you go with an open mind it will reduce the Perth-sized chip on your shoulder.

f**k off

I have my reasons for not liking the city, good ones too, i don't have to explain myself .

Im going to Dundee because i can't afford to go anywhere else you coagie c**t.

Im not from Perth, i have no emotional attachment to Perth.

I'm going next year. I'm interested in gaming and so was looking into that and Abertay seems to be one of the options; anyone here got any thoughts on that, or if you've been/go to it?

Cheers.

A guy in our year's going to Abertay to a game design related thing. Sounded quite interesting. I think Abertay are actually the only Scottish Uni that do it.

I'm not a new starter (3rd year student), but this seems the most relevant place to ask:

I've not received confirmation from SAAS that they'll be paying my fees yet. I applied only a couple of days after my brother (who received his confirmation about two weeks ago), yet I've still received nothing.

Anyone else not received their confirmation yet either?

Same mate, I'm bricking it. I applied on the 12th August but still had nothing.

Cheers.

Actually, a mate of mine is doing that. I think he may be coming toward the end of it. I'll see what information I can dig up about it.

Out of interest, is anyone here going to Strathclyde Uni and going to be at the Jordanhill Campus?

Cheers.

Whilst a lot of people would normally say to steer clear of Abertay (with it being a former Polytechnic), they won't do so when it comes to the Computer Games degrees. They're seemingly the best in the business and a good honours classification will see you walk into a job.

Alternatively, you could go to Dundee Uni and study Applied Computing (shameless plug) then scrimp and save to do the Computer Games MSc at Abertay, giving you the best of both worlds: generic software design and development skills, plus what you need to be a computer games programmer.

In fact, do a joint honours Applied Computing and Maths, plus the correct combination of final year modules (Graphics, Games Next Gen and Intelligent Agents) and you'd probably sail through the MSc.

Edited by Sir Calum Melville

Did you just get the information today?

Aye, then I got another letter the next day with a student handbook.

Decided that I'll do History and Spanish along with my Politics course. Was hoping to do Journalism but you can only do that as your principal subject, and in any case it's along with creative writing which I'm not very good at. Need to get into some revision with Spanish, I don't remember much!

I thought Samaras was a greek-speaker?

Anyway, if one of you several million folk going to Dundeee could nutshell the ignificant events of your Freshers' Week I'd appreciate it. I've been asked to go up but with cash tight I'm not going to piss money up the wall for little to no reason.

A guy in our year's going to Abertay to a game design related thing. Sounded quite interesting. I think Abertay are actually the only Scottish Uni that do it.

Ah cheers, so that's the only option then. Is he going next year or is he already there? :)

Actually, a mate of mine is doing that. I think he may be coming toward the end of it. I'll see what information I can dig up about it.

Out of interest, is anyone here going to Strathclyde Uni and going to be at the Jordanhill Campus?

Ta, that'd be much appreciated!

Don't know to be honest. I'd imagine so.

I'm not sure cos it costs a lot of money, and if I don't live that far away it seems like a waste... also who would do my washing, cleaning and make my tea? :(