Who's Going To Uni?

I will be, yes.

Got your halls sorted yet? I recommend Leonard Horner B, it'sa 20 yard crawl from the union :lol:

As it is, you'll probably enjoy it for the novelty of ahving everyone in one place, but by third term first year, you'll be desperate to get into town on a more regular basis.

Got your halls sorted yet? I recommend Leonard Horner B, it'sa 20 yard crawl from the union :lol:

As it is, you'll probably enjoy it for the novelty of ahving everyone in one place, but by third term first year, you'll be desperate to get into town on a more regular basis.

I've applied for the shared flats.

Having worked in accounts for the past three years since dropping out of uni, I'm now going back to Stirling as a mature student (being 22 at the start of the academic year) to study history. Should be alright.

Going to Strathclyde to do Politics and Italian. I'd liked to have moved away but I was pretty certain I wanted to do this course and the only two unis outside Glasgow who could offer it were Edinburgh and St Andrews and even though I didn't particularly like either of them.

I've applied for the shared flats.

As an undergrad? must say that's a bit unusual, in terms of getting to know as many people as you can quickly you'd have been better going for the single room halls in the Leonard Horner halls and the ghetto halls (Linlithgow and Midlothian halls) - still you are still pretty close to the union.

Edited by renton

As an undergrad? must say that's a bit unusual, in terms of getting to know as many people as you can quickly you'd have been better going for the single room halls in the Leonard Horner halls and the ghetto halls (Linlithgow and Midlothian halls) - still you are still pretty close to the union.

Yep. I went for it because i'm more likely to shut myself off from everyone in a single room. Just the type of person i am.

Yep. I went for it because i'm more likely to shut myself off from everyone in a single room. Just the type of person i am.

that's fair enough, although from experience you'd find it pretty hard to shut yourself off, the Horner halls are all shared kitchens, which become de facto gathering places (far more than the common rooms) and the ghetto halls all have dinner together in the main caffeteria....

Still, you should hopefully enjoy it.

SAAS? ARRGHH whens it to be done by, and how? Our school were fucking clueless in telling us the deadline, no-one in our year has a scoobie how or when to do it because we weren't fucking told. Had a look on their website a month back and there was nothing about deadlines. b*****ds. Anyway.

Hopefully doing Psychology at Dundee next year, on the basis that I get 2 B's in my recent Highers (I don't mean to be arrogant but I think I'm in alright :) ). I can't wait. One of my best mates is going there too as well so that's a bonus. I think my flat is the closest out of the halls to Tesco's. RESULT.

I doubt SAAS has a deadline this month given that some people won't have their University Entrances confirmed until their Exam results in August?

I think it was three/four working weeks SAAS needs to clear and send your letter of confirmation of money, in any caase, unis will give you a break when it comes to the tuition fees.

I doubt SAAS has a deadline this month given that some people won't have their University Entrances confirmed until their Exam results in August?

I would be one of those people but I found this on their website.

Don't submit your application late or you may not receive any support. The closing dates to apply for support depend on when you start your course. For the majority of students who start a course in the autumn term, the closing date for session 2009-2010 is 30 June 2010. See our closing dates section for more information.

link

You can apply online and it isn't that complicated, takes quite a while though.

I think it was three/four working weeks SAAS needs to clear and send your letter of confirmation of money, in any caase, unis will give you a break when it comes to the tuition fees.

Three-four weeks!? I sent away and got a letter back about five days later saying they would pay my fees! Mind you, it was only my fees I applied for them to pay for. I didn't apply for a loan or anything like that.

I would be one of those people but I found this on their website.

link

You can apply online and it isn't that complicated, takes quite a while though.

Happily corrected. I just presumed it was longer for those with Conditionals as I'd already confirmed my offer so new for sure where I was going.

Three-four weeks!? I sent away and got a letter back about five days later saying they would pay my fees! Mind you, it was only my fees I applied for them to pay for. I didn't apply for a loan or anything like that.

Happily corrected. I just presumed it was longer for those with Conditionals as I'd already confirmed my offer so new for sure where I was going.

Yeh but all they were doing was making sure your Scottish and had been accepted - applying for a loan involves the poor old dears at the SAAS getitng the mechanical calculator out to do hard sums based on you and your parents income, but if you apply on line it's a bit quicker. For those applying for loans, make sure you give yourself at least 28 working days before freshers starts and you'll be fine.

Edited by renton

I've put Glasgow as my firm offer but if I do not get a scholarship I applied for I probably won't go there and will instead go to Strathclyde.

I'm going into the business school and to get in I need ABBBC for Strathcylde and ABBB for Glasgow.

I haven't been to any open days and haven't visited either University even though I live quite close to both. There is another open day on Saturday but I am away. I'm not looking forward to it, I don't even want to go this year, I want to take a year out before I go. Has everyone applied for funding on SAAS, it expires on the 30th :o .

Didn't you claim you were a lecturer at the London School of Economics... :rolleyes:

Just to do this before Stuart gets wind of it...

Your all wasting your time, and behaving like parasitics on the goverment teat. Besides, you'll never be able to afford my millionaire life style studying.

No, instead learn to fit pipes and talk rubbish about any given topic, remembering to complete every post with :rolleyes: Except your all too stupid to do that

Also, ensure you go on envy inducing holidays. Well, pretend you've booked them at any rate.

In all seriousness, enjoy! I would love to have my time at Uni agin.

Well in fairness Pink, if Supras is going to University I think that's proof positive that they've dumbed down the Further Education system to the extent that degree's, Masters etc are totally useless. I hope they enjoy their last months of doing anything useful in their lives....once they join the 430,000 other people wasting their lives at University their lives will be worthless forever more.