Who's Going To Uni?

Either that or you have higher standards than I do.

I don't think so. I actually looked up the course a couple of years ago and it did look to have evolved very well. I guess technology will have improved a lot since I was there and that will always help a course of this nature.

There were just quite a lot of broken promises for us and we generally felt a bit let down by it. The only aspects I felt were enjoyable were the TV and Radio parts of the course. I'm glad they have learned from their mistakes though, a lot of us just got the feeling they were making it up as they went along.

Fair play to anyone with the discipline to do a degree through the OU. Don't think I could ever manage it personally

I'm in my last year of Open Uni degree. I did my HNC and HND at college first of all.

I got accepted for 3rd year at uni but opted for Open Uni as the college I attended has links to OU. I regret it partly as it is hard to get motivated as only have one 3 hour lecture a week.

First semester results back for 2nd year Chem Eng and I've averaged a 67 which I'm delighted with. Thought having a year out would be detrimental but thankfully the opposite, in a good place financially which has given me a lot of motivation. Hopefully drag that above the 70 mark by the end of May.

First semester results back for 2nd year Chem Eng and I've averaged a 67 which I'm delighted with. Thought having a year out would be detrimental but thankfully the opposite, in a good place financially which has given me a lot of motivation. Hopefully drag that above the 70 mark by the end of May.

Fantastic results m9. Chem Eng is a very tricky course at the best of times and second year is when people tend to slump. You've obviously worked really hard.

Still Waiting to hear back from Dundee for Law and Strathclyde for Politics - does anyone know how long they usually take.

No clue about Strathclyde but when I applied Dundee were the last to get back to me, mid March/early April. Spoke to folk last year and it was the exact same too, m8.

Still Waiting to hear back from Dundee for Law and Strathclyde for Politics - does anyone know how long they usually take.

For my History and Politics course at Strathclyde, I heard back from the uni around the first week in March. The other universities got back to me a week or so later.

No clue about Strathclyde but when I applied Dundee were the last to get back to me, mid March/early April. Spoke to folk last year and it was the exact same too, m8.

For my History and Politics course at Strathclyde, I heard back from the uni around the first week in March. The other universities got back to me a week or so later.

Thanks, was starting to think my application was rejected

Strathclyde were the last to get back to me for that course too. Well into March before I heard back

• 3 weeks later...

Dissertation finally completed and submitted online. Printing it now, into town to bind it tomorrow then physical submission on Monday. So happy it's done I could cry :)

No rest for the wicked though, essay due on Friday that I've not had time to start then another two the following week!

Anyone know how long it takes to bind a dissertation, and how much it costs? Left the lit review section of my paper til last minute, and looks like I could be pushing it a bit for binding.

Ryman stationery in town told me they'll do it while you wait. There's one on Byres Road too. Not more than a few quid I wouldn't think if you're going for the basic kind

Anyone know how long it takes to bind a dissertation, and how much it costs? Left the lit review section of my paper til last minute, and looks like I could be pushing it a bit for binding.

If you're at Glasgow, then there's a place just across the road from the GUU which will do it on the day.

Yeah the Print Unit, will probably go in late afternoon tomorrow. Just wasn't sure how long the process took and whether I'd be in a f**k off queue with only hours 'til hand-in. Ta very much.

Can't wait to get this bugger out the way.

I got my first version of my PhD thesis printed there no bother - it took them about 90 minutes. However, that was in the middle of December, rather than a busy dissertation time. So my post comes with the warning that your experience might be different to mine given the timing.

Guest honestrae95

I got my LLB offers three years ago, but both Dundee and Strathy must've been at the end of March IIRC Edited by honestrae95