The New Raith Rovers Thread

When was Hill not good enough? Apart from his sendings off I don't remember him having particularly bad gameS?

Consistently. He was the senior centre back and we leaked goals like a sieve. Far from the only one to look at, but he certainly shouldn't be given the free pass he is. He's far too rash and loses concentration a lot.

I like Hill, he's committed and tries his best, when he plays well he plays very well. But last season he wasn't good enough. He's 29 and he gets bossed around by Paul Watson who is 23. That tells its own story.

I didn't see him getting bossed about by Watson?

I think part of the problem was he was having to cover for the snail that was Ellis and the inexperience of Donaldson so at times he was caught trying to cover 2 places at once.

He was fine next to Watson because he could play his own game and not worry about covering his partner

Consistently. He was the senior centre back and we leaked goals like a sieve. Far from the only one to look at, but he certainly shouldn't be given the free pass he is. He's far too rash and loses concentration a lot.

I like Hill, he's committed and tries his best, when he plays well he plays very well. But last season he wasn't good enough. He's 29 and he gets bossed around by Paul Watson who is 23. That tells its own story.

Not really, I'd suggest that's as much to do with personality as much as anything.

I didn't see him getting bossed about by Watson?

I think part of the problem was he was having to cover for the snail that was Ellis and the inexperience of Donaldson so at times he was caught trying to cover 2 places at once.

He was fine next to Watson because he could play his own game and not worry about covering his partner

That's exactly my thoughts, Dougie should be one of the first names signed up, an absolute rock in the heart of our defence. Now that we have Barr and Watson signed up big Dougie should be next, or a nice wee double with big Davie too.

That's exactly my thoughts, Dougie should be one of the first names signed up, an absolute rock in the heart of our defence. Now that we have Barr and Watson signed up big Dougie should be next, or a nice wee double with big Davie too.

I'm still a bit miffed that Fraser Mullen was released.

I'm happy with Thomson as captain.

I wouldn't say Watson 'bossed' Hill but he did do the leading and organising. That doesn't have to be a slight on Hill, we're as well to play to our strengths - Watson couldn't win the same headers as Hill for example.

Watson Moon and Elliott = yas. If I didn't have my season ticket already I'd go and buy one.

Oh yeah, I'd definitely agree with that. I think people seem to be forgetting just how poor our defence was last season though. Only Morton, Cowden and Dumbarton had worse (and Cowden and Dumbarton scored more to compensate, Dumbarton significantly so). As I say, happy to see Dougie sign and if he plays his way into the team then great - wouldn't be my first pick to begin with though. The defence needs a serious overhaul.

When can we organise a friendly with Ingolstadt? Bonus would be to play them over there as well! Lovely looking stadium too. Obviously money talks. But would be great to enhance links with our twin town.

Edited by Wardy

When can we organise a friendly with Ingolstadt? Bonus would be to play them over there as well! Lovely looking stadium too. Obviously money talks. But would be great to enhance links with our twin town.

They are sending a band and their lovely beer to Kirkcaldy next month, it's the least we could do in return.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see us sign Danny Grainger. We're obviously in need of a left-back if Booth isn't returning, and he'll be on the lookout for a First Division club having left Dunfermline.

Obviously he cried after Dunfermline got beat in the play-offs and he'd only been there for five months, but he's a fairly competent (and experienced) left back.