The New Raith Rovers Thread

As I said on the Facebook page, the 11pm thing is clever marketing. Everyone is in their house and free to check the news. You build up a bit of excitement regarding it, then reveal the re-signing of a current player, then slip in that it's the final chance to get a season ticket whilst a huge amount of people are viewing there page.

I think Hill will stay, we were short of a centre back last season and that was before we lost Donaldson and I assume Ellis is packing up his boots.

Plus Barr can play midfield so is cover there too.

20 minutes after signing news only 6 comments on Facebook. Either fans are underwhelmed or in bed. In PR terms it is an amateur and I'll conceived time for a press release - missed audience, news exposure and by tomorrow (1hour) it is yesterday's news.

20 minutes after signing news only 6 comments on Facebook. Either fans are underwhelmed or in bed. In PR terms it is an amateur and I'll conceived time for a press release - missed audience, news exposure and by tomorrow (1hour) it is yesterday's news.

In all honesty, we shouldn't be worried about that. Just keep focus on that we retained an excellent defender who had offers from other teams in the league.

I actually feel like i drop IQ points when i read some of the comments. We re-signed a defender who will be crucial for next season. We can only sign players as they become available and paperwork is processed. Loving comments saying he isn't gd enough quality.. I despair

In fairness, considering every time they put anything up, the comment section tends to read something along the lines of,

"Y DOS TUNBULL NO LEEVE CLUB???? Y DOS MURAY NO MAKE SUBS????"

So I can kind of understand the later release.

Today's one was Y U NO ANNUNCE GARY GLEN Edited by kev23

The point is tho that the board and management have utterly failed to acknowledge or even recognise that there's a problem with the team

Apart from the statement a couple of weeks back that acknowledged and recognised the poor second half to the league season... But don't let that spoil another one of your moans.

Delighted that Watson has signed up. Solid base to build from now with him, Barr, Moon and Elliot.

Well chuffed with that, now we have a decent spine to the team, hopefully McGurn is fully fit too. Wish they would let us know how he's doing, so glad I'm not on Facebook, shudders.

This is very good news - I was concerned he would choose to move on. After losing Baird and Cardle, it was imperative that we didn't lose more key players.

Hopefully some more good news to follow.