The New Raith Rovers Thread

Plenty doom and gloom merchants predicting straight relegation on Facebook. Really makes me wonder if some of our fans thrive on failure.

Whilst it will be a very tough division we should be more than capable of finishing above Livi, Cowden, Alloa, Dumbarton and even Queens providing Grant brings in the right players and takes on board some harsh lessons from last season.

Bring it on.

My biggest worry is that the 3 big teams will scoop up all the decent players and push up wages. Hobs are the most solvent of them and I can't see them paying spl wages but they will pay big for this league and probably get the pick of the best. Hearts look like a mess management wise and all bets are off as to the rangers seeing out the summer

Wow when did this thread turn into Fan Talk?

Some people need to step away from their keyboards laugh at Hibs for a minute come back composed and look at things as they stand.

Yes we were poor in the league last season, we took a gamble on signing some good players with youngsters providing cover but unfortunately we got some long term injuries coupled with standard injuries/suspensions set teh tone for the remainder of the season

With regards to the money spent by the board some seem to forget in terms of outgoings we have to pay out £4000 a month in rent. Take a moment to realise how much cash that is for a club our size. Potentially another 2/3 players salaries. We are already fighting a losing battle before we start. The board have already stated the budget will be incresed and we will have a bigger squad for next season. I can only assume this was written in a language unreadable by some as it doesn't seem to have been taken in by them

Just to hightlight we aren't even in June yet. We have made steps to resign some of our existing players (and fantastic to see Moon and Elliot resign as they are too good for us) tho we need to remember most of squad are out of contract and also on holiday

The league next season will be a brillant place to be with the games we have to look forward to, new away trips, bigger home gates and a really open race again for the playoffs (i think Hearts will win the league) . So can we stop the infighting and the childish insults and get behind the club we are all meant to support

I now have RSI from all this typing i hope you are all happy

We were never going to compete at the top this season with sevco and hearts so Hibs coming down doesn't change much for me.

As P.C says we should be aiming to finish above Dumbarton, livi, Alloa and cowden, 2 of which we managed to finish above after our horrendous run of league form

I don't rightly see what difference Hibs coming down makes. They'll finish above us next season but Hamilton would have as well. Our equation is still the same, be nice to be in with a chance of fourth place but we just need to make sure we finish above two of the part-time clubs.

Edit: or what donny just said.

Edited by Yoss

My ambition for next season is for us to play football again and win more home games than we lose.

When I say 'football', I don't mean that aimless rubbish that we've seen at Stark's Park so far in 2014.

Remember that the season just gone, although it was in the cups but we beat hibs and sevco and should've beat hearts as well! We have shown that we are more than capable of holding our own against these teams and should be more optimistic than we are. Some team is going to surprise this season and there's no reason why it can't be us. As has already been said, it's not even June yet ffs. Mon the Rovers

Remember that the season just gone, although it was in the cups but we beat hibs and sevco and should've beat hearts as well! We have shown that we are more than capable of holding our own against these teams and should be more optimistic than we are. Some team is going to surprise this season and there's no reason why it can't be us. As has already been said, it's not even June yet ffs. Mon the Rovers

You've got it right, but league and cups are totally different as we all found out. If Bert doesn't instill that winning mentality into all of our league games then this season could be a busted flush, I've no confidence in Murray whatsoever, It doesn't matter who we sign tbh. I just hope we don't get anelkad every week.

You've got it right, but league and cups are totally different as we all found out. If Bert doesn't instill that winning mentality into all of our league games then this season could be a busted flush, I've no confidence in Murray whatsoever, It doesn't matter who we sign tbh. I just hope we don't get anelkad every week.

To be fair, we finished 7th a baw hair of 6th. Yes it wasn't the play off spot we all hoped for. Comparing this period to the Anelka years is crazy talk.

We need to put last season behind us and get right behind Grant and whoever ends up pulling on the rovers shirt next season.

To be fair, we finished 7th a baw hair of 6th. Yes it wasn't the play off spot we all hoped for. Comparing this period to the Anelka years is crazy talk.

We need to put last season behind us and get right behind Grant and whoever ends up pulling on the rovers shirt next season.

Anelkad is kind of like a swear word now, we all want him to succeed, but until we get some clue who we're in for, I'll remain sceptical for the time being.

I just had a look at that Hibs released list - are there really that many of them that we would happily take? I thought Ben Williams and Tom Cairney, bearing in mind that their higher waged raise questions as to whether or not they're worth it.

I just had a look at that Hibs released list - are there really that many of them that we would happily take? I thought Ben Williams and Tom Cairney, bearing in mind that their higher waged raise questions as to whether or not they're worth it.

I thought Tawio was meant to be pretty decent from some Hibs fans earlier in the season?

I think some of those players will have been released based on wages. Doubt there will beuch that suits our budget.

Would imagine Hibs will look to youth next season, including booth.