The New Raith Rovers Thread

So if you wanted a larger squad but it's not about spending more money then what are you saying? You wanted them to sign more players but cheaper ones?

Dumbarton( a part time team) showed a lot of ambition last season without splashing the cash..? You don't need to splash the cash to show ambition.

When we played Dumbarton the week after winning the Ramsden cup, we all knew we'd get a bit of a bigger home crowd to see the cup parade so that was our chance to try and get some of the fans that don't normally come to many games to consider coming to a bit more games, or even buying a season ticket for this season with it going to be an interesting league. This means more money coming in which in turn means an even bigger budget, yet we played some of the worst football I've seen

us play in a long time.

I've said all season if we are going to mix with the part time sides in the league and not show why we are full time with the football on show, then we should maybe consider switching to part-time, we would probably be sitting round about the same place in the leagues and be saving a hell of a lot more money.

... the rovers have a 'treat' lined up for the fans in terms of a 'big' signing.

Someone on Fantalk suggesting that the 'big' signing is Wedderburn. As things stand he's the only one who hasn't re-signed for Cowdenbeath.

spoke to a few Cowden fans and they rated him as their POTY, and said they would be gutted to lose him....

From what i saw in the Playoffs, looks a big phyiscal guy who looked really comfortable at the back. I;d be happy adding him to the squad