The New Raith Rovers Thread

I really don't think he'd be a particularly good appointment for Dundee United. Despite a promising start, we've hit a downturn; it's now almost two months since we last won a game. It would show a bit of a lack of ambition, IMO.

They should be looking at going for someone a bit more established than McGlynn.

Atleast the loan signings might continue... :( Would devestated if McGlynn went to United as, although our form has dropped recently, I have complete faith in his ability as a coach and manager to bring us out of it sooner rather than later. I know he'll also build on our progress on and off the field year after year.

I really don't think he'd be a particularly good appointment for Dundee United. Despite a promising start, we've hit a downturn; it's now almost two months since we last won a game. It would show a bit of a lack of ambition, IMO.

They should be looking at going for someone a bit more established than McGlynn.

The downturn is negated by the fact that we don't have access to the quality of players to do better. The title, the great start, the youth development abilities and the lack of any meaningful compensation being due make him a decent shout.

All of that makes me sad.

your right in your quote but john aint playing on the pitch and if the players are not performing on the pitch he must hate it. my point is that john has the potential to do a very good job at tannadice

Thatt's a pretty convincing case for McGlynn. He's probably dirt cheap too.

It's all shite though eh?

Smith's out of contract at the end of the season, I think. Keeping him out on loan won't really do much good when they need to determine whether or not to keep him.

I think Russell's been unlucky. He's been thrown up front on his own a lot in his time here and has understandably struggled.

Smith's out of contract at the end of the season, I think. Keeping him out on loan won't really do much good when they need to determine whether or not to keep him.

I think Russell's been unlucky. He's been thrown up front on his own a lot in his time here and has understandably struggled.

End of next season I believe Smith is out of contract.

Right then, are we resigned to the fact that John McGlynn is leaving for United, or are we still hopeful that these rumours will prove to be false?

I think it's looking more and more like a foregone conclusion, even if nothing is agreed yet. It looks almost certain that United are going to approach John (if they haven't already), and unfortunately for us, he'd be mad to say no.

I don't really want to start talking about a new manager before John McGlynn has definitely left, but I'm bored so I'm going to.

I was warming to the idea of Billy Brown, because he's obviously been in the game for long enough to not be naive about various things, but then again he's never managed before, and I don't think he's worked without Jim Jeffries, so he's untested, but there are various reasons to suggest he'd do well.

I'm not dead against Danny Lennon, but I'm not sure he'd want to leave Cowden at the moment, because they're flying high and he'll be enjoying himself immensely.

Whoever comes in faces a pretty tough task though, because they've got to try and keep us up without the luxury of being able to say "Well, I won the league last season!" like John McGlynn can. If they don't start off well, the more fickle among our support could turn against them pretty quickly.

I'd be happy with continuity, so Paul Smith. Don't know a lot about Brown but he sounds like a decent candidate too.

I'd have my doubts about Lennon (even if he wanted the job, which I don't take for granted).

I've seen a couple of mentions on *sigh* FanTalk, of Mickey Cameron coming along to assist a new manager, as well as playing. Is there any evidence to suggest there's any chance of that happening? Has Mickey been taking his coaching badges, and is he likely to be free to move? Is he getting a game at Dundee, or is he keen to leave for first team football?

Frankly, I don't think it's very likely, but I'd like to know what the actual evidence is behind the suggestions.

Right then, are we resigned to the fact that John McGlynn is leaving for United, or are we still hopeful that these rumours will prove to be false?

There's nothing official, so I'm still hopeful the rumours are false.

I was warming to the idea of Billy Brown,

I don't think I'd be happy with Brown, it's not a great excuse, but he doesn't talk a lot of sense, imo.

I'm not dead against Danny Lennon

This is who I'm warming to. He's done a fantastic job and Cowden seem to be staying right up at the top of Division 2, although I have no idea how. Especially with all their money problems.

I would like the board to dig deep like they did when seeking McGlynn. I mean how many people expected McGlynn to get the job. I bet most of the support didn't even know who he was, or had only heard of his name before. I don't see why we can't look down the ranks of SPL or even English clubs.

I'd be happy with continuity, so Paul Smith.

So would I. Also, I don't think he would be required at Dundee United as they already have Peter Houston and McGlynn's previous assistant, Gary Kirk. I suspect the board would go down this route.

Mickey Cameron

I hope not.