The New Raith Rovers Thread

We might have a defence!!!!! We might have a defence!!!!!!!

Oh, Fox has signed. Hmmmm

Why have we resigned Fox? definitely one I thought we would have moved on. Happy with Barr and Elliot, wasn't bothered either way with Thomson and delighted we have signed Moon thought he was out the door, great to see him staying.

Edited by San Starko Rover

aye when you put it like that it shows how important it was to stay in this league.

Thank god that for as shite as we were for large spells last season, we were never as shite as Cowden.

Unbelievable pish. I doubt there's a team in scotland that were as shite to watch as us.

Why do you even fucking bother?

Oh FFS...

Living up to your username yet again Berk

You useless kunts living up to your reputations as biased baztards. We're in no position to criticise any teams football, but you think we are. Arseholes.

Can we just say Cowdenbeath were that bit more pishier than us?

At the start of the season, yes. At the end of the season, no. But we did finish 7 th. So all in all a bit less pish.

You useless kunts living up to your reputations as biased baztards. We're in no position to criticise any teams football, but you think we are. Arseholes.

wind your neck in you fucking wingnut & try looking at the only post I made you didn't quote & see if you can work out why you're making an arse of yourself here...

I'm hoping the next signing news heralds the re-signing of McGurn, Watson, Baird and Hill.

We'll be looking at a left back too on the assumption that Booth is required by the Hibees.

Wonder if the manager will cast his net further than Scotland with potential new signings?..

Delighted with Barr, and Moon. Happy enough with Elliot and Thomson, though I wish Elliot would at least make some effort at sorting his discipline.

Not so much unhappy with Fox as a bit surprised. He's not as bad as some would make out, and I always quite liked him in his Livi days - the sort of water-carrier who would never get as much credit as they're due - but he's one of those who's looked pretty poor for me in our recent run and I thought he'd be let go. I'd be interested to know how he's rated and appreciated within the dressing room.

wind your neck in you fucking wingnut & try looking at the only post I made you didn't quote & see if you can work out why you're making an arse of yourself here...

O yea? Which one of the 'only' posts are you talking about? Time you started thinking about what you actually write, then you might find a wingnut closer to home.

I suppose it may be that, if the idea is to have a bigger squad, we'll be retaining the bulk of what we have but a couple of them will be dropping down the pecking order in favour of new signings. At any rate I hope there's going to be another midfielder to come in.

Fox? Liam Fucking Fox? Either there is a serious lack of free central midfielders out there or Murray genuinely thinks he did enough last season to warrant a new deal. Really disappointed with this. Total passenger last season.

Really happy with the signing of Barr. Looks really solid and going by the reviews of other teams fans he will do a good job.

Not so over fussed about Thomson and Elliot however they are Definitely decent players and I would rather they were playing for us than against us.

From last years team I hope we still retain McGurn, Hill, Watson, Anderson, Cardle and Baird. Left out booth as he'll probably be back at hibs. I'd look to get Callachan and possibly Donaldson tied up too.

It's quite frustrating because not many players from last years team were actually bad footballers. They just weren't great together but then I look at who I would like to keep and it's a majority of a squad that won 3 in 20. When a team goes on that kind of run you're usually wanting a massive overhaul but i only find myself wanting a few replacements and additions (and a bit more depth).

I'm hoping the next signing news heralds the re-signing of McGurn, Watson, Baird and Hill.

We'll be looking at a left back too on the assumption that Booth is required by the Hibees.

Wonder if the manager will cast his net further than Scotland with potential new signings?..

I hear there are some cracking players in the French 5-a-side leagues . . .

It's quite frustrating because not many players from last years team were actually bad footballers. They just weren't great together but then I look at who I would like to keep and it's a majority of a squad that won 3 in 20. When a team goes on that kind of run you're usually wanting a massive overhaul but i only find myself wanting a few replacements and additions (and a bit more depth).

Agreed. It's quite hard to work out what the problem has been these last few months.

Agreed. It's quite hard to work out what the problem has been these last few months.

I think factors outside of individual player's performances have affected the squad:

- Complacency after getting off to a flyer and settling in thinking playoffs were guaranteed before Christmas.

- Distraction from the league campaign after a tidy cup run/cup victory.

- A false sense of security on two counts; Morton were all but relegated 3 months ago, and no competition for places.

- Understandably, getting slated from the 1st minute at home games, leading to loss of confidence, second-guessing and lots of embarrassing mistakes.

I'm hopeful these issues can be addressed and, generally, the squad ethos will be more positive, which in turn will produce improved individual performances.

Edited by BorisTheGrizzly

Not a thing has been said about Ellis. I wonder where we stand with him?

Presumably he's still the player coach. How much does it cost to register a player? Assume he'll be signed as a player in case of emergencies.

Well it seems I caught something...

No idea what it is, so I'll just cut my line & let it go... there really are no words to describe how stupid some folk are.

Anyway back on topic, as most have said delighted with the signings, the only one I would question also would be Fox, as Yoss (I think) said hopefully he is going to be cover for A N Other