The New Raith Rovers Thread

If the roof of your house had a leak, you wouldn't just stop using the bedroom the leak was affecting and leave the bedroom and roof to rot for 15 years.

Your analogy doesn't really work. Not fixing the Railway stand isn't speeding up the decay of the rest of the stadium. It has no impact on the rest of the stadium other than the psychological effect of folk sitting thinking 'look that stand isn't in use' Arguably, not spending money on the Railway stand over the last 15 years has probably freed up money to fund repairs to other bits of the stadium.

A more accurate analogy would have been having a leak in your roof which you can't afford to fix but choosing instead to spend money decorating the spare room which no one ever uses.

Stretching the analogy further, now it would appear that if we decorate that spare room then a temporary lodger can use it and his rent will pay for the decoration and leave us some spare cash leftover. Makes sense

Edited by roverthemoon

No link as it was a verbal conversation from a board member. End of last week the money had still not been passed into the "FA pot" which would then be split 20% to hibs and 50/50 share of the remainder after costs between the two finalist teams.

Hopefully it's more long term. I liked sitting in the Railway Stand. I remember seeing us beat Dundee United 3-2 in our last stint in the Premier League. Think it was Tomny McLean's one game in charge before leaving for United. What's Tommy McLean doing these days, is he still at Rangers?

We could go retro for the next manager. I prefer my managers to be the older variety, now that I'm heading the same way myself.

Half the battle with 'atmosphere' is being able to see/hear the away fans, especially with smaller crowds.

My memory is that it was his first game, or at a pinch maybe second, managing United right after leaving us. Made it a right old grudge match.

No link as it was a verbal conversation from a board member. End of last week the money had still not been passed into the "FA pot" which would then be split 20% to hibs and 50/50 share of the remainder after costs between the two finalist teams.

Very shoddy but unsurprising behaviour from Sevco. At least its a football debt and if they go bust again presumably we'll be first in line to be paid

My memory is that it was his first game, or at a pinch maybe second, managing United right after leaving us. Made it a right old grudge match.

Weren't we housed in the away end at that point? I have very strong memories of the whole stand singing 'Tommy, Tommy get tae f**k'

Weren't we housed in the away end at that point? I have very strong memories of the whole stand singing 'Tommy, Tommy get tae f**k'

You might be right, but like SB I was in the Railway Stand anyway.

Yeah, first couple of home games, 'cos the south stand wasn't finished yet.

The railway stand at Stark's Park would be ideal as a terrace I've always thought. It would only need about 3 rows of crush barriers installed, as it's only about 12-15 steps high from the pictures I've looked at, and you'd probably be able to set a capacity of about 2,000-ish in it.

I've never seen the stand in use actually, when was the last time it was used?

Edited by Stevie Aitken's Love Child

The railway stand at Stark's Park would be ideal as a terrace I've always thought. It would only need about 3 rows of crush barriers installed, as it's only about 12-15 steps high from the pictures I've looked at, and you'd probably be able to set a capacity of about 2,000-ish in it.

I've never seen the stand in use actually, when was the last time it was used?

It is too steep to be used for terracing as has been often mentioned in this thread.

It is too steep to be used for terracing as has been often mentioned in this thread.

Is that an actual fact or just opinion? Have you seen the terraces at Dortmund's stadium? They're mentally steep, never heard any issues about them.

I suppose that there are regulations, does anyone know them?

Could well have been. My memory of events is often a bit hazy. I remember Kevin Twaddle scoring for us. That's my strongest memory of the day. Who was managing us? Had Iain Munro been appointed at that stage?

Your analogy doesn't really work. Not fixing the Railway stand isn't speeding up the decay of the rest of the stadium. It has no impact on the rest of the stadium other than the psychological effect of folk sitting thinking 'look that stand isn't in use' Arguably, not spending money on the Railway stand over the last 15 years has probably freed up money to fund repairs to other bits of the stadium.

A more accurate analogy would have been having a leak in your roof which you can't afford to fix but choosing instead to spend money decorating the spare room which no one ever uses.

Stretching the analogy further, now it would appear that if we decorate that spare room then a temporary lodger can use it and his rent will pay for the decoration and leave us some spare cash leftover. Makes sense

The whole stadium appears to be in need of repairs. A quick view on Fantalk will testify to this.

The analogy is more to do with a visible lack of pride in your home. If the place is falling to bits and you do nothing about it, that's not a good idea.

To further the house analogy a bit more, if you can't afford the repairs to your house maybe it's time to look for a new smaller home that suits your needs a bit better.

Edited by Scary Bear

Is that an actual fact or just opinion? Have you seen the terraces at Dortmund's stadium? They're mentally steep, never heard any issues about them.

I suppose that there are regulations, does anyone know them?

from the board after an inspection i believe,steps are too steep/big

The whole stadium appears to be in need of repairs. A quick view on Fantalk will testify to this.

The analogy is more to do with a visible lack of pride in your home. If the place is falling to bits and you do nothing about it, that's not a good idea.

To further the house analogy a bit more, if you can't afford the repairs to your house maybe it's time to look for a new smaller home that suits your needs a bit better.

that would depend if you owned the house,if like the rovers you rent the property you get the landlord to repair it,unfortunately due to the tenancy agreement we have,we cant

I remember that match i was sitting in the north stand as the ground wasn't complete. We had Bobby Geddes in goal for some reason. Pretty sure Munro was in charge because there was a gap between this and the Aberdeen game for some rason possibly a Scotland match? Went mental when we scored the winner