The New Raith Rovers Thread

Madness. Unless this actually proves profitable. I.e by having 500 extra Rangers(2012) fans twice next season the stand can be brought up to standard by the funds that would generate and leave a profit, it's madness.

The board will have done the maths. We're in very safe hands in that respect.

Rangers will fill those extra 500 seats without any problems, as will Hearts if they are fighting for the title as they should be.

The extra seats will pay for themselves.

The folk having a go at the players for having the cheek to go on holiday - have a word with yourselves eh?? Did you expect them to sit there and think "oh, the supporters think we don't deserve a holiday, we better cancel it"? Yep, cos if I had a bad day at work and upset a customer I'd feel It would be right if they said I shouldn't go on holiday. Aye fucking right. The season is over, the players are well within their rights to take a break.

Back to the Murray debate - I'm all for giving the guy a chance. I'll stick my neck on the line here - I've only been to TWO games all season, but that's been due to other commitments, and I'll admit, I've been following the flyers more out of the two. I think that Murray will make wholesale changes in the summer. He surely has to realise that the onous (sp) will be on him to turn it around after the second half of the season collapse. If the board can increase the budget on the basis of the larger gates for some games next season, then that will go a long way in terms of improvements to the playing squad. And with rangers in the league, hopefully a bit of TV revenue will come our way as well.

Onwards and upwards.

Apologies if this has been covered before, has there been any discussion on whether to repair the railway stand? Would the costs outweigh the increased revenue of next season's improved gate money?

I had a feeling in my waters that the railway stand issue would be broached in time for the upcoming season: http://www.raithrovers.net/14638/stadium-news-update.htm

I had a feeling in my waters that the railway stand issue would be broached in time for the upcoming season: http://www.raithrovers.net/14638/stadium-news-update.htm

You will be sent to a place of detention, tortured, sign a confession and then burned as a witch.

You will be sent to a place of detention, tortured, sign a confession and then burned as a witch.

Indeed, it was probably the least prescient prediction ever considering it's been goosed since I was a lad and is mentioned nearly every close season. Nevertheless, my next prediction is that Murray will inevitably have a much improved season after making some canny signings and clearing the deadwood.

Madness. Unless this actually proves profitable. I.e by having 500 extra Rangers(2012) fans twice next season the stand can be brought up to standard by the funds that would generate and leave a profit, it's madness.

Yeah it seems a waste of precious resources to me. It'll never be used again after next season.

The folk having a go at the players for having the cheek to go on holiday - have a word with yourselves eh?? Did you expect them to sit there and think "oh, the supporters think we don't deserve a holiday, we better cancel it"? Yep, cos if I had a bad day at work and upset a customer I'd feel It would be right if they said I shouldn't go on holiday. Aye fucking right. The season is over, the players are well within their rights to take a break.

Back to the Murray debate - I'm all for giving the guy a chance. I'll stick my neck on the line here - I've only been to TWO games all season, but that's been due to other commitments, and I'll admit, I've been following the flyers more out of the two. I think that Murray will make wholesale changes in the summer. He surely has to realise that the onous (sp) will be on him to turn it around after the second half of the season collapse. If the board can increase the budget on the basis of the larger gates for some games next season, then that will go a long way in terms of improvements to the playing squad. And with rangers in the league, hopefully a bit of TV revenue will come our way as well.

Onwards and upwards.

The players have just taken the last six months off. It's the timing of the break that seems a bit strange to me.

As far as Murray goes, unless he's playing his cards close to his chest, his media comments provide me with no assurance that he even feels like there is a problem to address.

Edited by Martin Nelson

Don't think anyone was grudging them the break. It was more Smith tweeting about going away shortly after we'd been pumped again making it look like he couldn't give a toss that bothered folk.

Yeah it seems a waste of precious resources to me. It'll never be used again after next season.

It will be used again after next season as we'll be able to put smaller supports in there while saving money from not having to police/steward the far bigger McDermid stand. Money saved on energy bills there too. Edited by Andy C

And no one had said otherwise. People were pissed with Gordon smiths yesssssoi shagaluf wi the boys tweet about an hour after we were horsed.

We'll then be incurring maintenance and upkeep costs for the railway stand and the north stand if we intend to keep using it beyond next season.

If the railway stand is used for smaller crowds it will be quicker to sweep down after games therefore releasing resources for other tasks.

The only maintenance outlay would be for new seats when Baird knocks three past sevco to go top of the league.

We'll then be incurring maintenance and upkeep costs for the railway stand and the north stand if we intend to keep using it beyond next season.

Maintenance for the McDermid stand will be accounted for anyway.

If the 500 seats put in the railway stand are the same as the ones in the main stand then there shouldn't be too much of an upkeep required.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/login/audio-4/4127/TSFMEpisode1-04.mp3

This is maybe an old interview with TH on a range of football topics that I previously missed, but I've just listened it and I wish I hadn't.

Whilst the programme wasn't solely about Raith, what I had hoped to hear was: him sounding confident, dynamic and pro-active and to hear at least a little about the positive things being done to change things for the better at the club.

Unfortunately, he came across as being tired & jaded and he seemed resigned that the best he could do was to not "rock the boat" and to try to keep the club 'alive' until somebody younger came along to take over the reigns.

If the board members don't sound ambitious will that push Murray?

I took from the interview that Murray has the job almost irrespective of results (TH certainly had a fatalistic approach to being relegated) and don't expect too much in the way of new / better players between now and next season.

Hey ho.

Is it a temp job for this season the 500 seats or more long term ?

"It is the first phase of bringing the Railway Stand back into us."

This sounds like they intend to do the rest of the stand at a later date

Hopefully it's more long term. I liked sitting in the Railway Stand. I remember seeing us beat Dundee United 3-2 in our last stint in the Premier League. Think it was Tomny McLean's one game in charge before leaving for United. What's Tommy McLean doing these days, is he still at Rangers?

We could go retro for the next manager. I prefer my managers to be the older variety, now that I'm heading the same way myself.

Half the battle with 'atmosphere' is being able to see/hear the away fans, especially with smaller crowds.

The other thing about refurbishing the Railway Stand and bringing it back into use, is that it's a physical statement of intent. People can see it. It's tangible.

When I go to Stark's Park, the general impression I get is terminal decline and a reminder of better days. The decline of the Railway Stand pretty much runs parallel to the decline of the club.

If the roof of your house had a leak, you wouldn't just stop using the bedroom the leak was affecting and leave the bedroom and roof to rot for 15 years.

If we get the crowds to justify the increase (Sevo, Hearts, Pars? and perhaps another SPL team) then thats fine providing it doesn't hinder the playing budget for next season. With that being said id be curious to see now how much we actually made this season

Also glad to see they are looking into improving the facilities a bit