Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Wasn't suggesting they'll necessarily find a new club but since Baird signed at the end of January we've won two league games. I don't imagine that'll particularly entice him to sign the first contract offer we stick under his nose.

3 league games but I get your point :lol: he'll probably be demanding a better contract to stay with us.

Baird is from glasgow no?

ahh right, not sure who I'm thinking of, could be a chance he'll be at QotS next year then, but still think he'll stay with us.

Sorry, can't agree with that at all. He's done absolutely nothing to suggest that for me, nothing whatsoever. When have we tried anything different at all this season? It's 4-4-2 no matter what. He had 4-5-1 almost forced upon him at Easter Road and it worked a treat, so he decided to approach the next league game in the same manner - 4-0 down at half time at home. What else has he tried?

For me, there's an absolute catalogue of errors for Murray this season. In no particular order:

• "First and foremost" the squad size
  • The timing of dropping Ross Laidlaw
  • Failing to sign a centre back in January
  • Failure to sign a winger of any kind at any stage to give competition to Cardle and Anderson
  • His merry-go-round of strikers - it's not all about who scored last which is why we've been 'treated' to Baird and Spence chasing their own first touches all game on several occasions when it's clearly, by a long distance, our worst partnership
  • 4-4-2 no matter what
  • Square pegs in round holes - the Dumbarton game for instance
  • Failing to even attempt a shake-up for the majority of games e.g. swapping Anderson and Cardle for 5 minutes, push Thomson forward when it's not working for Booth, etc
  • Insistence on playing players, e.g. Cardle and Fox, when completely off form
  • The difference in attitude between Cup and league games
  • A completely and utterly criminal failure to address set-piece problems - just how many did we lose?
  • Probably the pettiest of my points but his post-match interviews really do not suggest he knows what's going wrong at all - accept this could be a public facade but it doesn't inspire confidence after yet another defeat when he just repeats that "we're disappointed as we want to win games of football"
  • Four points from twelve games (a third of the season) against the top 3
  • A complete failure to handle the behaviour of Calum Elliot with referees.
  • A complete failure to address the shocking defending which saw us leaking 3-4 a game EVERY game
  • A complete failure to address our woeful away form - seven points from our last thirteen away games.
  • THREE WINS IN TWENTY

Agree with all of this.

I think there's quite a few of us that all share the same views here. I'm glad I'm not the only one, if people disagree with anything I said on my post, please feel free to debate. I backed up most of my opinions with stats also, just to emphasise how disappointing Murray's reign as manager has actually been...

Never mind hey ho he will be better next season….clappity clappity clap……...

To be honest if you went for being mini Livi this season you really went for the wrong players. I won't include Watson because I was unhappy that we let him go. Instead of Elliot, Fox and Booth you should have gone for Russell, Tony Andreu and Jesus Garcia Tena. Craig Barr was also available in January and his signing for Airdrie coincided with a bit of a revival for them. I was glad we got rid of Fox who just ran about a lot and gave suicide passes to his team mates when he did have the ball. Booth was distinctly ordinary.

Edited by orco

To be honest if you went for being mini Livi this season you really went for the wrong players. I won't include Watson because I was unhappy that we let him go. Instead of Elliot, Fox and Booth you should have gone for Russell, Tony Andreu and Jesus Garcia Tena. Craig Barr was also available in January and his signing for Airdrie coincided with a bit of a revival for them. I was glad we got rid of Fox who just ran about a lot and gave suicide passes to his team mates when he did have the ball. Booth was distinctly ordinary.

But you didnae let Watson go he left as for Barr I agree he was descent

Bet he really went downhill this season?

I don't look at the players and management and think of them as the guys that defeated the not so mighty Rangers, I just see them as being part of a season to forget. As far as I'm concerned that cup win might as well never have happened.

Listen, I get that you see a much bigger picture than interests me and that all the concerns and criticisms are probably perfectly legitimate. I'm not telling you to demand or expect no better because it really pisses me off when others come onto Queens thread and tell us what we're entitled to look for.

All I'm saying is that your season provided a massive highlight for everyone, let alone for you guys yourselves. It seems it papered over cracks you now need to see addressed.

League games are indeed the bread and butter, which is what makes them forgettable. Your season threw up something unforgettable. Enjoy that fact.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

He wasn't offered the money he had been on due to the cut backs.

He wasn't offered the money he had been on due to the cut backs.

Double_facepalm.jpg

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/championship/livingston-2-raith-rovers-0-kirkcaldy-men-end-on-a-low-1.352585

Some fans will moan about Cardle but he seems to be the only player who comes out and says the right things. He's also the first person, from either the playing squad or management, to finally admit we've done nothing since Christmas.

I keep hearing people mention the Ramsden's Cup but we played every round, bar the final, before the end of September. It was a brilliant day but being honest, if it wasn't Rangers would we all still be taking about it?

If we were losing games but playing decent football and being unlucky with results then there may be some excuse there. However the standard of football has been shocking and the same mistakes have been happening every week. Murray doesn't know, or seem to know, how to change it and resolve the problems. Even last week against Cowdenbeath we were losing 2-1 at home and he still only made 2 subs and kept the same formation. Go for it! Try something different!

I always thought that no matter how bad this season got I'd renew my season ticket for last year but the performances and that rant from Hutton are seriously making me question that.

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

He has to go :(

Just looked at our points tally since November. 22 points gained in the 1st 11 games to end of October. Only 20 points in the 25 games since then. Same as Morton (for the same period).

No excuses. He should walk away.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/championship/livingston-2-raith-rovers-0-kirkcaldy-men-end-on-a-low-1.352585

Some fans will moan about Cardle but he seems to be the only players who comes out and says the right things. He's also the first person, from either the playing squad or management, to finally admit we've done nothing since Christmas.

Cardle is the only one in the team that has ever really come out and said anything of truth about the situation. He's always come off as quite articulate and intelligent in his interviews and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a move into management or coaching.

Grant Murray, on the other hand, in his interviews slavers constant cliché phrases and generally gives off the impression that he's clueless. There has clearly been an attitude problem given our cup runs in comparison to our league form and Murray has completely failed to address that. The Rasmdens Cup and the consequent financial burden of terminating his contract are the only factors that are saving him from the sack.

My mum met Joe Cardle and Gordon Smith in Magaluf this morning. Must have had that booked for a while.

May as well be the first to say it

Gordon Smith is yer new da