The New Raith Rovers Thread

Tickets for the Ramsdens have been allocated totally fairly. It makes sense to give regulars priority, they are the people who put their money into the club week in, week out. The fan groups also support the club financially so fair play.

There might have been the odd person who lives away and doesn't know anyone in Kirkcaldy to pick them up a voucher or someone who unluckily had to work the voucher games but it'll be less than 20 folk I suspect.

The main criteria for ticket allocation was that they go to regulars first and we try and minimise Sevco fans in our end. The club has done this and given fans plenty opportunity to secure a priority allocation. Not one of the moaners has suggested an alternative way of allocating that would give regulars priority and minimise the Sevco fans which kind of says it all

Total over reaction to the Facebook fannies

I'm honestly amazed at some of the comments on Rovers Facebook page. I thought it was only the likes of Rangers that had so many dafties in their support.

Personally, I thought a draw at Dumbarton was a decent result. That said, we really need to win a couple of league games. Luckily our next three league games are at home.

Over the years I have attended I think over 1000 Raith Rovers games, have I paid my dues - YES

Do I deserve a ticket - NO

Why ?

I don't go nearly as much as I used to, £17 is far too much for the turgid pish that is on offer, don't get me wrong, I love Raith just as much now as I did back in the cowshed days.

However given today's current football climate I have a choice of the following -

1. Take the missus to a diddy cup final in freezing fecking weather and have tea / pish and or pies thrown at you by the scummiest c***s ever spawned onto earth, followed by an intimidating journey back to the car / bus - £40 for 2 tickets, £ 20 for travel and being reasonable £50 for beer/wine and munchies. £150 minimum

2. Watch it on the telly for feck all, treat the missus to a slap up meal with wine (and not get stabbed in the process) £70, and there are the blowjob possibilities after that !!

Over the years I have attended I think over 1000 Raith Rovers games, have I paid my dues - YES

Do I deserve a ticket - NO

Why ?

I don't go nearly as much as I used to, £17 is far too much for the turgid pish that is on offer, don't get me wrong, I love Raith just as much now as I did back in the cowshed days.

However given today's current football climate I have a choice of the following -

1. Take the missus to a diddy cup final in freezing fecking weather and have tea / pish and or pies thrown at you by the scummiest c***s ever spawned onto earth, followed by an intimidating journey back to the car / bus - £40 for 2 tickets, £ 20 for travel and being reasonable £50 for beer/wine and munchies. £150 minimum

2. Watch it on the telly for feck all, treat the missus to a slap up meal with wine (and not get stabbed in the process) £70, and there are the blowjob possibilities after that !!

You do realise that there will be a queue forming at your door offering you a ticket, assuring your absence for the day?

http://www.raithrovers.net/13191/dont-panic.htm

Unsure whether this is brilliant or if Turnbull's lost it a bit.

Has he had the misfortune to look at our Facebook page? I just about lose my mind every time I take a look at it.

The Rovers Facebook page comments section is something else.

On Turnbull's comments.

So, let’s take a deep breath and consider things for a moment. When the Club was in the course of being ‘reclaimed,’ I seem to recall that it mattered not what division we were in, nor what kind of team we put on the park. The most important thing was that we still had a club to support.

That was almost 10 years ago; time marches on. In the grand scheme of things it does only matter that we survive. However, if we don't care what's happening on the pitch, then what's the point of turning up?

Roll the clock forward to 2014. We’re in a cup final, we’re in the quarter final of the Scottish Cup, we’re in the second tier of Scottish Football and we’re in a really competitive league, with only a handful of points separating seven or eight teams. We’ve lost key players to long-term injuries. We’ve lost games we all felt we could have won. We’ve won games that maybe we felt we were lucky to do so. Bottom line is that we are where we are and we just need to get on with it.

Next time Turnbull is complaining about (lack of) crowds at Starks Park, he should maybe give himself the same advice.

I agree with most of what Turnbull says. It doesn't really matter to me what league we're in, as long as we have a senior club in Kirkcaldy to support.

What does rankle a bit is that Turnbull only 'speaks' to the fans when there's a perceived crisis. It would be nice if he took the approach of Eric Drysdale and occasionally posted on Fantalk about what's happening. If for no other reason than the contribution of the fans on this website is a tad less hostile than the Rovers Facebook comments section, which is generally the refuge of the more loony elements of our support. It would also be nice if they did publish their vision for the future. The Concordat is a bit of a touchy feely, bare bones essentials of how the club should be run. It would be nice to get some specifics on future strategy.

If we got relegated it would be a financial disaster, given the clubs that will be making up next years Championship, but it wouldn't stop me turning up.

I suppose I admire the clubs calm disposition when it comes to decisions on the managerial role. Changing manager mid-season just smacks of desperation. If any changes are required the best time to do it is probably at the end of a season, or at the end of the managers contract. However, the same could be said for the correct time to extend managerial team contracts.

The next few home games are huge. We need to start winning games again.

Edited by Scary Bear

The next few home games are huge. We need to start winning games again.

The next four league games are:-

Home to Alloa

Home to Falkirk

Home to Morton

Home to Livi

To be honest, I reckon we should be looking at getting between 8-10 out of the 12 points available

We do need to start picking up points and fast, and we couldn't really ask for a better run of games now at home.

If our performance up front yesterday, was anything to go by, then I would think we're going to start picking up wins starting on Tuesday night( hopefully).

What's the situation with Hill? And will Watson start back or is it too soon.

Hill was laughing and joking with McGurn, Elliot and Watson yesterday the latter two were on the pitch having a private warm up.

I reckon that Watson isn't far away from a return and am unsure regarding the rest.

The Reserves play Cowdenbeath tomorrow night, that should give us more of an idea of how close to a return he is. It's important that we don't rush him back too soon though. While it'd be great to have him back for Saturday, it's more important we have him for all the other Saturdays after that.

Could really do with having Hill available for Tuesday though!

The Reserves play Cowdenbeath tomorrow night, that should give us more of an idea of how close to a return he is. It's important that we don't rush him back too soon though. While it'd be great to have him back for Saturday, it's more important we have him for all the other Saturdays after that.

Could really do with having Hill available for Tuesday though!

Having Hill back is imperative.

I think we need to ditch this "quality" over quantity model, and revert to a fully part time team next season regardless of what league we end up in. This full time model isn't working, theres absolutely no competition for places and we're forced to watch this team huff and puff their way through the season. Ok maybe not forced. But you know what i mean, we go because we just so happen to love our club, it's unfortunate that the players we have, have no appetite or the same enthusiasm as we do. they have no affiliation or feeling for the club as we do, it's just a pay cheque at the end of the month. It really is a sad state of affairs, and now we're in a relegation dog fight instead of a promotion play off spot, it seems way out of our reach and the manager still can't see a way out of it. If we do go down then so be it, it's where we deserve to be.

I think we need to ditch this "quality" over quantity model, and revert to a fully part time team next season regardless of what league we end up in. This full time model isn't working, theres absolutely no competition for places and we're forced to watch this team huff and puff their way through the season. Ok maybe not forced. But you know what i mean, we go because we just so happen to love our club, it's unfortunate that the players we have, have no appetite or the same enthusiasm as we do. they have no affiliation or feeling for the club as we do, it's just a pay cheque at the end of the month. It really is a sad state of affairs, and now we're in a relegation dog fight instead of a promotion play off spot, it seems way out of our reach and the manager still can't see a way out of it. If we do go down then so be it, it's where we deserve to be.

We have been unlucky with injuries this season. Next season all our youth players will have the benefit of the games they have played during this campaign plus we should make some sort of profit with our cup runs and depending where we finish. That being the case im hoping some of that goes into increasing the squad size even by a couple of players but the squad we had at the start of the season is what we have been aspiring to, a good squad with a mixture of youth and experience

We have been unlucky with injuries this season. Next season all our youth players will have the benefit of the games they have played during this campaign plus we should make some sort of profit with our cup runs and depending where we finish. That being the case im hoping some of that goes into increasing the squad size even by a couple of players but the squad we had at the start of the season is what we have been aspiring to, a good squad with a mixture of youth and experience

our results against part time teams and position in the league at present could suggest us being full time is of no benefit irrespective of being unlucky with injuries as you put it.as for seeing better from our youth players next season based on them playing this season i take it your excluding vaughan and now laidlaw to an extent having n ow been dropped.

It so happened to be our 2 best players, but the rest of the guys are full time professionals who train all week. Bert surely has to be still a registered player he could have filled that role in defence quite easily, assuming that he's also training with them. Getting outplayed by Cowden was the last strw for me with this management and players, they simply had no answer to their front pairing. The players we have should not be struggling at the wrong end of the table. On paper they are a top 4 team, whether you agree or not it doesn't matter. But thats the bottom line, we brought in Mullen who in my mind is so much better than Thomson has been, but stuck on the bench. Lee Robinson apparently a great keeper, he's let in 8 goals in 3 games. The jury is still out for me, but i'm still waiting to see what the QoS fans saw in him.