The New Raith Rovers Thread

Bloke on Facebook saying he won't be back, and we've "lost a raith fan".

Yup, a big loss!

It's unfortunate that a small number of genuine fans will likely miss out, but it's not like this situation has appeared out of the blue. Since the beginning it's been clear that we'd have a limited allocation, hence the whole voucher situation. There was plenty scope to get vouchers, or get a friend to pick a couple up. I'm sure even an email to the club at that time would've smoothed the path.

I'd rather be in a stand with 3000 (hey, I'm an optimist) Rovers fans than 3200 Rovers fans, 400 hangers-on and 400 interspersed Rangers fans.

I'm not at all the type to revel in others misfortune but the Facebook comments are absolutely beautiful. Scrambling for excuse after excuse.

If you bought a season ticket or went to home games (e.g. 'support' the club) you'd have a ticket. It's not difficult. If you work or you can't afford it or you have other commitments, it may not mean you're less passionate about the club but it does mean those that do suffer deserve a ticket more.

Bloke on Facebook saying he won't be back, and we've "lost a raith fan".

These are the people I don't feel sorry for in this situation. I have a spare voucher and will probably try help someone if they need it but people like this can get to f**k.

Pretty disappointed that I'll probably have to miss the final. Being a 4th year Uni Student with working commitments I can't afford the time and money to travel every weekend to see us play like I used to. I really have to pick and choose my games well in advance. I've made about 7 or 8 games this season, including the dross against Hamilton just there, but none of them were the voucher games.

It does makes sense though, I've had pals telling me that they were planning on attending despite never having stepped foot in Starks in their life. It'll keep them away and genuine supporters can benefit. Though some, like myself and my brother, are going to have to miss out :(

Though I can't imagine that season ticket holders + supporters clubs + voucher holders will add up to 3500...There must be at least a few tickets going spare?

Pretty disappointed that I'll probably have to miss the final. Being a 4th year Uni Student with working commitments I can't afford the time and money to travel every weekend to see us play like I used to. I really have to pick and choose my games well in advance. I've made about 7 or 8 games this season, including the dross against Hamilton just there, but none of them were the voucher games.

It does makes sense though, I've had pals telling me that they were planning on attending despite never having stepped foot in Starks in their life. It'll keep them away and genuine supporters can benefit. Though some, like myself and my brother, are going to have to miss out :(

Though I can't imagine that season ticket holders + supporters clubs + voucher holders will add up to 3500...There must be at least a few tickets going spare?

Season ticket holders is roughly 1000, they each get the chance of a second, so there's 2000, roughly 500..? Can go to supporters clubs, then 1000 to voucher holders can be roughly right give or take a few, personally I'm over the moon about this, as a season ticket holder, it guarantees that there won't be a single Sevco fan sitting in the raith end which is what I was afraid of.

I've got a bit if sympathy for those that have lost out and not got a ticket.

It's not really going to effect me because I will be missing the final anyway due to work commitments. But, I missed the vouchers due to working and I don't have a season ticket so I would have been in the same position.

I genuinely feel sorry for anyone that never got a ticket.

I went to Iceland and Germany in my 4th year, and never missed a premier league game.

Nothing to do with money, just the realisation that it would never happen again.

Jimmy Nicholl blew my chances of a 1st class degree.

Here was me thinking the various Full Time Facebook rants were top drawer.

I've been bowled off my seat tonight with some of the roasters. Some guy posting about being pals with To Housten! :thumsup2

The guys that buy season tickets or go week in week out are the ones that deserve to be sat in that stand come April.

Good to see them cater for Rovers Abroad too. Think those guys pay a decent price to pick up that service, extra money going into the club.

I went to Iceland and Germany in my 4th year, and never missed a premier league game.

Nothing to do with money, just the realisation that it would never happen again.

Nah mate. That was just you being a thick b*****d.

I feel really sorry for all those fans on Facebook that couldn't get tickets for the final with Sevco. They were working so they couldn't buy season tickets, half season tickets or vouchers at the 3 games in November and December. they couldn't join a supporters organisation either. I'm welling up...

Still, they'd probably have been working when the final was on, so they couldn't have gone anyway.

I find it hard to believe we won't have a public sale due to 3,500 tickets being on offer. That the total of tickets reserved for season ticket holders, supporters organisations and those in receipt of vouchers totals even more than 2,000 is something of a huge surprise given there will be people falling under more than one category.

I think the club are just ensuring everyone who is a priority will get a ticket, which is fair enough. I would wager that there will be a public sale at some point. Panicking/seething about this announcement is premature.

Edited by Michael W

I take your Germany and Iceland and raise you Stenhousemuir and Livingston...I win!

Hopefully there's a small chance that they'll be a few spares dotting around after the appropriate people have got theirs. I would be gutted to not be there when we pump Sevco.

The debt is going to take some dent like.

A fair point, over the two seasons we've been very fortunate with both results and draws in the cup. The priority for the rest of the season simply has to be making sure we're at least in this league. I never thought I'd imagine I'd be saying that even so recently as December, but that's the reality of how much our form has dipped. Hopefully we'll see Baird have an impact along with the return of Paul Watson to solidify our defence. It is absolutely vital we're here in this league next year to keep the progress up!

I'm not a season ticket holder nor did I get the vouchers due to illness, if I don't manage to get a ticket I'll still be roaring the boys on, half pished in front o the tele. The club imo have done the right thing. For those moaning about having to work and so on, take it on the chin. You knew from the off what the score was with the tickets as I did. Shit happens, deal with it and put ur dummies back in

Absolutely the correct way to do it. Gives those who put the time/money into the club priority over tickets and minimises the chance of any The Rangers fans getting a ticket for the Rovers end. Anyone slavering over not getting to the final will hardly be a big miss if they plan to 'never be back'; they are probably the same folk who were phoning the club for Railway Stand tickets for the Aberdeen Scottish Cup game a few seasons back.

I'm hoping I get a ticket for the St Johnstone game, I can't get to every game as I'm based in Leeds. Plus I work a shift pattern that is unsociable as fook. It would be pretty unfair if they're just reserved for the regulars.

I'm hoping I get a ticket for the St Johnstone game, I can't get to every game as I'm based in Leeds. Plus I work a shift pattern that is unsociable as fook. It would be pretty unfair if they're just reserved for the regulars.

Calm yourself. It'll no even be half full