The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hey, I stay in the same village as the guy, what am I meant to do??

Quite right pal, you know, when you've got one restraining order you might as well have loads, what the f**k can they do.

It's a bit like in America when you get sentenced to one thousand years in prison, you know they 'aint getting it out of you.

Can we knock the keeper thing on the head, Lee Robinson is a top class keeper at this level while Young Ross is a novice, with the run in now fast approaching we cannot afford to put a rookie in goals no matter how good last weeks performance was, he will, bearing in mind his age make mistakes and costly ones at that which in the long run will be bad for his career. If handled in the right way Ross will blossom in to a first class keeper for this club and his development will take place slowly and surely. We must stay in this league and even better go for a play off place (which as of yet is not beyond us). The injury to the witch was a big blow to us, as i personaly think he was the best in the league, Lee Robinson is not far behind the witch but.. HE IS NO ANDY MCNEIL. The signing of Robinson is a major positive for us as a club and we should welcome him between the sticks and with the imminent return of Watson i beleive that this will will make a big difference to our stretched defence.

We know what we are capable of and we can also see that we are under performing just now, this is a time for us to back our manager not sack him.

I also believe that the forwards need some "encouragement" to perform...i can see the work rate of Bairdy helping with this, I`m prepared to give it time before i start shouting for decapitation.

If Lee Robinson is such a top class keeper then how come he signed for the Rovers? Surely he had plenty of options?

Murray is quite rightly coming in for criticism, given the continued poor performance in the league that is dragging us towards the relegation zone. This league season is similar to the last one. Hopefully it ends similarly, in that we narrowly escape relegation again. However, I don't fancy a third league season like this one.

Edited by Scary Bear

RRFC2711 - we've all probably said all we can say on the keeper issue now, you're right.

It's such a sore point though because there are at least 2-3 players in the team who seem to be untouchable in terms of selection...

Our next two games are now against 2 of the 3 part-time teams in the league, we lose either of them, we deserve to go down, no disrespect to those teams though, but if we're going to be struggling to beat the part-time teams, then we should be down in the league full of them..

Did well last time you played a part- time team eh?

Spoke to grant Murray when he was out walking his dog today, couldn't bring it on myself to mention yesterday's result. He seemed pissed off enough as it was.

He should have had them in for a double training session today. It's time they learnt that poor performances have consequences.

Did well last time you played a part- time team eh?

Local derby...anything can happen in those matches..

And you're right, we were utter shite, it's got to change sometime though eh, would take a draw this weekend but we get beat by Alloa, there'll be nae excuses, they're helping save us from the possibility of the drop by the looks of things

I was worried about our form before the Cowden game and I think the interview Dougie Hill did in the FFP a few weeks back sums up our problems. Hill was banging on about "winning ugly" and the pitches not being great. How we needed to play long ball football and "win second balls".

This is one of our most experienced players talking and what we have been subjected to is exactly what he was describing. Long ball hopefull punts. This is why we miss Watson so much. He was happy on the ball and found passes.

We played football at Hibs and did well. We played some decent stuff in the 2nd half on Saturday. The quicker we get back to actually playing football with a mobile interested midfield the better.

Add to this some outrageous tactical decisions and it is no surprise we are where we are.

1 up front is not good enough. Thomson at Centre half?

This run of form is sacking material. Many many other clubs would have sacked Murray by now. He should think himself lucky the Board did back him and are backing him but the Board should be weighing up their options right now. Murray should be under pressure to get results. If he gets them, then good, if not then the Board must act for the good of the club.

Local derby...anything can happen in those matches..

And you're right, we were utter shite, it's got to change sometime though eh, would take a draw this weekend but we get beat by Alloa, there'll be nae excuses, they're helping save us from the possibility of the drop by the looks of things

Don't want you to go down. Starks is always my favourite away day. Do us both a favour against Alloa

If Lee Robinson is such a top class keeper then how come he signed for the Rovers? Surely he had plenty of options?

Murray is quite rightly coming in for criticism, given the continued poor performance in the league that is dragging us towards the relegation zone. This league season is similar to the last one. Hopefully it ends similarly, in that we narrowly escape relegation again. However, I don't fancy a third league season like this one.

If The witch is such a top class keeper why is he with us ?.......The manager must be given some credit here he has done well signing Robinson. He is a proven keeper at this level if you are not aware of him i suggest you get out more.

I must have missed the excellent stuff we were playing earlier in the season.yes we were getting results but certainly we're not playing excellent stuff outwith a couple of games

Yeah you're right. We were absolutely dreadful in those first 18 games where we scored 35 goals and only lost once over 90 minutes. Absolutely dreadful

If The witch is such a top class keeper why is he with us ?.......The manager must be given some credit here he has done well signing Robinson. He is a proven keeper at this level if you are not aware of him i suggest you get out more.

Because he's part-time. I get out plenty, that's why I'm not aware of obscure lower league footballers.

I've calmed down today. Murray looked properly annoyed when he was coming off at half-time. He's probably as pissed off with some of the players as we are.

I reckon your right, I can see him shifting a few things for this week to give us a better shot at ending this rot, if he doesn't do anything to spice it up a bit then I'll probably end up with the rest of the firing squad..

However, winning ugly (when it works) is fine for saving managers jobs, but nobody wants to watch it; especially when it's actually losing ugly. Murray has to try and bring back the early season passing game that was getting results.

McGurn is a top class keeper, he's with us because wants to remain part time. When he signed for us we had the half and half pt/ft thing going.

Can we knock the keeper thing on the head, Lee Robinson is a top class keeper at this level while Young Ross is a novice, with the run in now fast approaching we cannot afford to put a rookie in goals no matter how good last weeks performance was, he will, bearing in mind his age make mistakes and costly ones at that which in the long run will be bad for his career. If handled in the right way Ross will blossom in to a first class keeper for this club and his development will take place slowly and surely. We must stay in this league and even better go for a play off place (which as of yet is not beyond us). The injury to the witch was a big blow to us, as i personaly think he was the best in the league, Lee Robinson is not far behind the witch but.. HE IS NO ANDY MCNEIL. The signing of Robinson is a major positive for us as a club and we should welcome him between the sticks and with the imminent return of Watson i beleive that this will will make a big difference to our stretched defence.

We know what we are capable of and we can also see that we are under performing just now, this is a time for us to back our manager not sack him.

I also believe that the forwards need some "encouragement" to perform...i can see the work rate of Bairdy helping with this, I`m prepared to give it time before i start shouting for decapitation.

hi lees dad

Yeah you're right. We were absolutely dreadful in those first 18 games where we scored 35 goals and only lost once over 90 minutes. Absolutely dreadful

no i`m not right as nowhere i said we were absolutely dreadful