Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think Murray should just stick Thomson in at centre half. His stronger attributes suit playing there anyway. He isint afraid to get stuck in, goes for headers and likes a good punt. Obviously he can run with the ball as well.

Hope Dougie is ok, but imagine he was just knackered?

Anyone can play centre half. Stick Smith there; he's never a forward.

Cheers, now got a wee boy to go with the two wee girls. He had better hope we move away. If not he's stuck with the Rovers.

Careful where you move to, my boys Rovers daft, then again his local option was Ayr United.

Murray is going to have a tough choice in making the call of which keeper to play against Hamilton next week, Laidlaws performance yesterday certainly merits a place in the starting line up. Personally I wouldn't drop him yet.

Murray is going to have a tough choice in making the call of which keeper to play against Hamilton next week, Laidlaws performance yesterday certainly merits a place in the starting line up. Personally I wouldn't drop him yet.

I don't think it's a tough choice at all - has to be Laidlaw.

Home to St. Johnstone in quarters.

hopefully have a centre half fit for it but a match we can win

Cracking potential for a packed San Starko and a game both sides will feel they can win.... Great draw.

Great result yesterday. looked like a great day out.

Best of luck in the next round.

Lee Robinson a great signing. Quiet man off the pitch and as mad as a box of frogs on it. Great keeper for us.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Thought Thomson looked so much better at centre half than he does at full back, no scary runs up the wing only to lose the ball, or being beaten for pace by a nifty winger.

Would quite happily have Thomson in at CB with Mullen and Booth as full backs. Hopefully Hill is ok for Saturday. Callachan has to start in the middle alongside Moon (I'd have no issues with Fox being dropped). Baird will more than likely start however unsure whether Murray will play him alongside Smith or Spence. I felt Smith looked more lively when he came on against Hibs than Spence and he's good at the 'Elliot role' of holding up play with Baird being the work horse. Could work.

Here are some more videos of Saturday:

Impression video: http://youtu.be/ICrL4hoGZjs

Donaldson getting injured: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ng9LoRqaxs

Donaldson off on stretcher: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClqRYlfOu9Y

Important Laidlaw save: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RomdWg-z3t0

Thomson is an emergency centre back and no more. I wouldn't look too much into one game where he's spent a lot of time there.

By the sounds of it Donaldson will miss a few weeks, which is a nightmare in all honesty as he'd been doing well and we lose a lot of versatility when he's not available. Hopefully Hill will be back for Saturday, though.

Who knows, maybe we'll get through the game without anyone getting injured.

I'd disagree and say Thomson is quite adequate at playing centre half. That said, obviously not ideal but that's twice he's slotted in there without any major problems. Both times he's moved into the centre, we haven't lost.

Hill didn't seem too badly injured at the end of the match so hopefully he'll be fit for Saturday. Watson can't be far away from a reserve game now either.

I was impressed by Mullen on Saturday. First time I've seen him play and he was solid defensively but still managed to get forward a few times. He certainly seems to be an improvement on McCann and probably Thomson on current form.

Hill didn't seem too badly injured at the end of the match so hopefully he'll be fit for Saturday. Watson can't be far away from a reserve game now either.

I was impressed by Mullen on Saturday. First time I've seen him play and he was solid defensively but still managed to get forward a few times. He certainly seems to be an improvement on McCann and probably Thomson on current form.

The reserve league is done and dusted bar some postponements, his best bet would be a couple of closed door games.

The league season is, but the Reserve Cup starts up, which has a regionalised group stage, so he could feature in some, depending on scheduling of games.

The main criteria tends to be, play them when it's freezing, or when there's a big televised game on, or both.

I notice the articles from the fife free press aren't up on the fife today website yet. Why are they always so inconsistent?

I notice the articles from the fife free press aren't up on the fife today website yet. Why are they always so inconsistent?

One could argue that they were in fact consistent.