The New Raith Rovers Thread

To be fair its a win win for Booth, if he plays well on Sat it is good for us and good for him and Hibs. If has a bad game he still has a year left on his contract. Hopefully the fact he is playing in front of Butcher at Easter Road he will want to put on a good show

this

ETA Butcher claims he's feels sorry for Booth having to play against Hibs on Saturday and is looking forward to welcoming him back for pre season training with then next season...

mind games by butcher

elliot being out,the way some are going on you`d think he was van persie.heres hoping whoever comes in grasps the opportunity.smith ex jambo ? ;)

Think the point with Elliot is that he can hold the ball for us to bring others into play and when he is on form he is one of the best players in the squad Cardle aside

I think after their 5 goal haul against Berwick reserves, "The Dynamic Duo", (according to the Berwick Advertiser) might start on Saturday.

Neither Spence nor Smith are particularly suited to leading the line on their own, so any plans to play with 1 up top, might be scuppered with that Elliot news.

Alternatively you could have one plus Vaughan of course.

Edited by McGuigan1978

I think after their 5 goal haul against Berwick reserves, "The Dynamic Duo", (according to the Berwick Advertiser) might start on Saturday.

Neither Spence nor Smith are particularly suited to leading the line on their own, so any plans to play with 1 up top, might be scuppered with that Elliot news.

Alternatively you could have one plus Vaughan of course.

Berts been saving vaughn for this one and he scores a hat-trick, I've seen the highlights.

In all honesty I think he'll go with a 451 with Smith starting up front with fox moon and callahan in the middle.

Edited by MICMAC

Raith reserves beat Berwick Rangers on Tuesday night 5-1, Hatrick for Smith and a brace for spence, and neither of them can score in 7 hours of first team football..?

Hopefully their partnership can outshine hibs this weekend..

If the Hibs centre half pairing is the same standard as Berwick reserves then we could be in business! Edited by Martin Nelson

Im hoping this game can restore some of our confidence and get us back to winning ways in the league

If we don't, i'd rather we went back to the half and half pt/ft route, because this "quality" over quantity formula hasn't really worked out. suspensions and injuries have hampered us yet again. This so called "quality" seems to be diminishing week upon week, and fans are now voting with their feet, its a sad state of affairs. But hopefully like you say, we get back to winning ways or its a relegation battle, and i really don't think we have the fight to survive on current form.

It was always going to be a gamble but if you look at how we were playing prior to teh Watson/McGurn injuries there was some great football there. We could probably attract some decent players on part time terms but id hope with the way the league is now structured for £ for finishes plus our cup runs we might be able to get a slightly bigger squad. Plus our youngsters are gaining experience all the time which in the long term is great for their development

Another thing to mention is our schedule since November. Due to cup draws, fixture lists and cancellations, this will be our 10th away match out of 14. Which is pretty unusual.

We were quite lucky to have a fair amount of home games earlier in the season, and our record at Stark's is actually okay. If we can keep the home form going after the Hibs match, then we'll be fine.