The New Raith Rovers Thread

Best thing about that whole link is Garry O'Conners turning face.

Followed a close second by the news Callum can play next week. On a serious note I think that speaks volumes of what Butcher thinks and hopefully we can start that ball rolling in ensuring Callum is still a Rovers player come next August.

That's us now five games without scoring, which last happened in November - December 2004, when the club was still reeling from the Anelka affair.

I've had a look as far back as Soccerbase remains reliable and it's been at least 20 years since we went six games without scoring, which is a real possibility when you think how difficult Saturday's game would be under any circumstances.

I don't know if anyone has their copy of Always Next Season handy (and f**k all else to do) to tell us when it last occured.

Best thing about that whole link is Garry O'Conners turning face.

Followed a close second by the news Callum can play next week. On a serious note I think that speaks volumes of what Butcher thinks and hopefully we can start that ball rolling in ensuring Callum is still a Rovers player come next August.

My favourite bit is the guy in the comments part claiming the best players on the park on Saturday were our central defenders Fox and Hill as well as Cardle and Booth and Booth "looked fantastic going forward". Maybe he was part of the group of stewards and police that were examining and expertly sniffing the extinguished flare.

In all seriousness I agree with your point on Butcher. A few years ago in the semi final there was no way Russell would've played against Dundee Utd (although I think he was injured anyway). Booth is having a poor spell just now like the rest of the team but showed enough at the start of the season to suggest this should hopefully only be temporary.

That's us now five games without scoring, which last happened in November - December 2004, when the club was still reeling from the Anelka affair.

I've had a look as far back as Soccerbase remains reliable and it's been at least 20 years since we went six games without scoring, which is a real possibility when you think how difficult Saturday's game would be under any circumstances.

I don't know if anyone has their copy of Always Next Season handy (and f**k all else to do) to tell us when it last occured.

I had a quick skim through Always Next Season. We've went 4 and 5 games without scoring a few times. Couldn't see any evidence of us ever going 6 games. Waayhay! A new record?

I blame modern football.

Back in the day, all you had to do, was give your centre forward the number 8 shirt, instead of the number 10, and he would end his barren spell and eventually become the record goalscorer.

It might just be the excitement building for Saturday but I'm starting to believe we could win. I said in the Hibs v Rovers thread in the cup forum that we'll get horsed but I'm starting to come round to the fact that we've been so chronic in the league in the past few weeks that we'll do something mental like put in the performance of the season and beat Hibs. I'm a fairly pessimistic Rovers fan so for me to be thinking this is quite worrying.

Choo choo at 9:57am on Saturday. If we do get beat I'll be to pished to care.

It might just be the excitement building for Saturday but I'm starting to believe we could win. I said in the Hibs v Rovers thread in the cup forum that we'll get horsed but I'm starting to come round to the fact that we've been so chronic in the league in the past few weeks that we'll do something mental like put in the performance of the season and beat Hibs.

Think Celtic V Morton 2013

I might be wrong, but from what I can see, the only time we've had a longer barren spell in the league, was 7 consecutive goalless games in 1927/28. 0-0 with St Johnstone, 0-5 against Partick, 0-1 v Cowdenbeath, 0-5 against Hearts, 0-6 against Motherwell, 0-1 v Killie, and 0-3 v Aberdeen.

However, we had 3 Scottish Cup ties where we did score, in-between that run.

It might just be the excitement building for Saturday but I'm starting to believe we could win. I said in the Hibs v Rovers thread in the cup forum that we'll get horsed but I'm starting to come round to the fact that we've been so chronic in the league in the past few weeks that we'll do something mental like put in the performance of the season and beat Hibs. I'm a fairly pessimistic Rovers fan so for me to be thinking this is quite worrying.

Choo choo at 9:57am on Saturday. If we do get beat I'll be to pished to care.

I'm one of the daft optimistic ones, who believes we'll win before every game and takes a defeat hard..

So this is the opposite, as this week I feel like we have no chance..

Prove me wrong Rovers :(

....or it could be another Pittodrie? ;)

ETA Butcher claims he's feels sorry for Booth having to play against Hibs on Saturday and is looking forward to welcoming him back for pre season training with then next season...

http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/butcher-s-sympathy-for-under-pressure-callum-booth-1-3294707

Edited by Wardy