The New Raith Rovers Thread

The lack of anyone with the ability to tackle in there terrifies me.

Simmons did the sitting role fantastically at Brechin. Got stuck in and put the tackles in. I'd say that's more his role, hold play together and put the passes about. When he has Davidson alongside him, we have to get Simmons going forward and it's not really a role I'm sure he's comfortable with.

4-4-2, Walker played on the Right

With Williamson on the left then. Ta.

Walker seems to have started the season brightly, maybe he will yet turn into the player we hoped for last season, but I don't think he's a right-winger. Might be interesting to see how a Simmons / Walker partnership in the middle would fare.

A Hearts fan has just started a thread on the second division forum saying we might be getting Gary Glen on loan, initially for a month.

Edit: I see it's been moved.

Edited by Yoss

With Williamson on the left then. Ta.

Walker seems to have started the season brightly, maybe he will yet turn into the player we hoped for last season, but I don't think he's a right-winger. Might be interesting to see how a Simmons / Walker partnership in the middle would fare.

At the moment that would be my preferred combination, with Smith and Williamson out wide.

Davidson did ok int he second half on saturday but from the pre seaosn showings, I'd rather have walker in there.

A Hearts fan has just started a thread on the second division forum saying we might be getting Gary Glen on loan, initially for a month.

Edit: I see it's been moved.

Did he think we were still in Division 2?

The ignorance of SPL giants. :rolleyes:

Maybe that was the basis for the show, every week he'd come up with some cunning plan to read it only to be foiled at the last minute. I've seen worse ideas piloted.

Guest RaithRoversNo1

Im actually starting to worry about Raith Defence. I dont think Mark Campbell will play aswell as he has done with Marvin Andrews. I think that he felt more comfortable with him around and is looking a wee bit shakey at times. I would like to know what other Raith supporters think of this ?? :D

Im actually starting to worry about Raith Defence. I dont think Mark Campbell will play aswell as he has done with Marvin Andrews. I think that he felt more comfortable with him around and is looking a wee bit shakey at times. I would like to know what other Raith supporters think of this ?? :D

Sparky was awesome till that arse of a ref spoiled the game on saturday, we'll miss him for the dundee game on saturday but tbh a think our defence is strong enough but we are missing marv a bit but a feel if we still had marv he'd get skined for pace by alot of strikers in this league, but overall a think we'll cope no to bad :D

Sparky was awesome till that arse of a ref spoiled the game on saturday, we'll miss him for the dundee game on saturday but tbh a think our defence is strong enough but we are missing marv a bit but a feel if we still had marv he'd get skined for pace by alot of strikers in this league, but overall a think we'll cope no to bad :D

who cares go and bore off zzzzzzzz