The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's a bold move to have folk in the railway stand for the first derby, but it's kind of an all or nothing situation - if it works well then it can start something hugely positive. It's a difficult one because there's no match to test it beforehand. I don't think it'll impact the atmosphere in the derby. For a Saturday night game, we should be looking at a naturally higher attendance in the South Stand. It'll free up space for some of the non-young team up the back, stops any issues about overcrowding and they can be watched a bit more closely. I've absolutely zero doubt there'll be tears and snotters from at least one set of supporters, which is usually a fun thing to watch regardless of who is involved. 

2 minutes ago, Dalziel8 said:

Were we not on about 850 this time last week? I kinda hoped the uptake would have been slightly bigger by now given the initial feel good factor coupled with most folk being paid last week.

It was 850 yesterday. Think it was 400 or so sold last Friday then looks like it's being ticking along at 50 a day or so since then. 

Did we not shift around 1500 tickets last season? Financial circumstances aside, I can't see many people who had a ticket last season not renewing and if we have a decent proportion of new buyers we should be aiming for sales of 1800 or so at least. 

Flip the home support to the North stand with the young team in the north end of the railway. 
Home fans kept close together to keep the atmosphere in one place and we get to watch from the North stand which, to be honest, is a better place to watch football from. 

It’ll never happen since the club shop expansion etc is happening at the south end but it would work better I think. 

Edit to add: I’m all for the wee experiment of sticking the young guys in the railway, even if it splits them away from the majority of the support. 

Edited by stevoraith

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Maybe a chain link cage like in the Blues Brothers…stops the flares/smoke bombs from the pitch…kinds protects from the North Stand, and vice versa. In actuality, the entry/exit will be interesting.

Geordie Munro in A? 

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Have to respectfully disagree with you there, the South Stand will be like a morgue if you move the “singing section” to the North end of the Railways stand. Like or dislike the Young lads with their Pyro and drum they create the atmosphere, if you move that to the other end of the pitch then the entire atmosphere will be at one end THE AWAY END. You need the home atmosphere to be at the home end not the away, whether that’s at the back of the South Stand or in the Railway Stand it needs to be at the South end of the ground. 

You and old Dave will just have to sing a bit louder.

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Did we not shift around 1500 tickets last season? Financial circumstances aside, I can't see many people who had a ticket last season not renewing and if we have a decent proportion of new buyers we should be aiming for sales of 1800 or so at least. 

1700ish last season iirc. I haven't renewed mine yet, but will and will also be getting my kid one as well. It's free and I had started bringing her to more games last season anyway. 

Talking about the financial side of things though, I haven't seen anything about the finance option that's been available the past few seasons? It may put some people off if it isn't available. £300 (roughly) is a big outlay for most people so hopefully there is some option for that and iv just missed it. 

Eta:

As soon as I looked, I seen a 4 month payment plan available... Not quite the same as what was there before but there is the option so hopefully works well. 

Edited by grumswall
To show frank editing is possible

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

1700ish last season iirc. I haven't renewed mine yet, but will and will also be getting my kid one as well. It's free and I had started bringing her to more games last season anyway. 

Talking about the financial side of things though, I haven't seen anything about the finance option that's been available the past few seasons? It may put some people off if it isn't available. £300 (roughly) is a big outlay for most people so hopefully there is some option for that and iv just missed it. 

https://twitter.com/RaithRovers/status/1667230111370756096?s=20

• 4-month payment plan available

Downside is you have to contact the club directly this year to arrange the payment plan rather than do it online, I've tried calling numerous times this week and emailing, and haven't got particularly far.

13 hours ago, Dalziel8 said:

Were we not on about 850 this time last week? I kinda hoped the uptake would have been slightly bigger by now given the initial feel good factor coupled with most folk being paid last week.

Aye, but there’ll be plenty of folk like me who just haven’t got round to it yet. I’ll get round to it sometime over the next week.

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm going to make a bold prediction for this season coming. We're going to beat ICT in a league match.

It's happening. 

Listen there is a lot of optimism about the club right now and we certainly seem to be going in the right direction. But let’s not get to far ahead of ourselves here with outrageous statement like this.

27 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm going to make a bold prediction for this season coming. We're going to beat ICT in a league match.

It's happening. 

Baby steps bud 😄.

Adding to the season ticket tally. I had 3 last year and bought (or was in some cases given 🙂) 7 this year.