The New Raith Rovers Thread

Should is always the operative word, which renders your previous statement about needing someone 'who will score goals' superfluous since you don't know that the current signed players won't, and can't be certain either that any alternative you can think of definitely would either.

playing teams who's quality is far in excess of anyone we are going to play this year.

about as superfluous as my statement then

Friendlies are simply not a good barometer for how a striker is likely to do in front of goal.

at present thats all i can gauge my opinion on and did mention that

Either you are playing a side much better than your own, in which case it becomes a battle for midfield, your strikers get starved of service and drop deep, or you are playing a side much worse and it becomes a turkey shoot.

i think on the night hibs were not better than us.,

The last three or four years have not given an acucrate representation of how our strikers are going to perform when the league starts.

i wouldn`t know

f*ck knows what happen to the quotes

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Renton like the rest of us knows its pre season and takes time for players to adjust in a new team, it would be easy for us to organise games against lesser teams and have them put 4/5 past them but it doesnt push the squads fitness were they are being asked questions and stay alert. These games to to help the teams fitness and for Murray to test our formations and how best our players slide into those positions, as a whole we have played very well and look creative and dangerous

Renton like the rest of us knows its pre season and takes time for players to adjust in a new team, it would be easy for us to organise games against lesser teams and have them put 4/5 past them but it doesnt push the squads fitness were they are being asked questions and stay alert. These games to to help the teams fitness and for Murray to test our formations and how best our players slide into those positions, as a whole we have played very well and look creative and dangerous

Wot PC said.^^^^^^^.......I think this is the general view of a large majority of fans, however there's always the one or two with the "bottle half empty" view of life, they must be great fun at a party ;)

Renton like the rest of us knows its pre season and takes time for players to adjust in a new team, s

and I dont?heavens i made a comment based on what i have seen so far no different to numerous on here calling for another centre half based on what they have seen so far

it would be easy for us to organise games against lesser teams and have them put 4/5 past them but it doesnt push the squads fitness were they are being asked questions and stay alert.

i would say hibs would see us as a lesser team but failed to score and it cant be argued that we pushed their squads fitness.

These games to to help the teams fitness and for Murray to test our formations and how best our players slide into those positions, as a whole we have played very well and look creative and dangerous

aware of that.i thought we playe well in the first half against Sheffield and very good in the second half against Hibs but didn`t see us as being particular dreative or on the whole dabgerous

Wot PC said.^^^^^^^.......I think this is the general view of a large majority of fans, however there's always the one or two with the "bottle half empty" view of life, they must be great fun at a party ;)

if there weren`t they`d be no point in these forums ;)

it depends what its a half empty bottle of :P

Given your track record are you not as likely to drink the Rohypnol yourself?

Given your "chat up" record, a Neolithic man style club to the head would be better...

If Carlsberg did mates....

Wondering if I've been inadvertently taking powerful medication, such is my confusion with some of the doubts being expressed here. We were surprisingly decent against SUFC and in my opinion were better on Friday and played HFC off the park. Chances are at a premium against better opposition and half our team were elsewhere last season. If the momentum is maintained against HMFC and ICT we'll be fine and dandy when it comes to Alloa, Hamilton, Falkirk, Dundee etc. In the words of Corporal Jones, "Don't panic." (Prepares himself to watch us get gubbed twice more in friendlies, lose to comedy teams in comedy cups and be slaughtered by Hamilton)

Yeah thats us, just when the garden is looking all bright and Rosy along comes Mark Yardley and has a shit in the petunias.

If I went to a party with half empty bottles I wouldn't be happy

If you turned up at my party with half empty bottles you wouldn't get in! :huh:

Unless that is you had loads of 'em :)

Wondering if I've been inadvertently taking powerful medication, such is my confusion with some of the doubts being expressed here. We were surprisingly decent against SUFC and in my opinion were better on Friday and played HFC off the park. Chances are at a premium against better opposition and half our team were elsewhere last season. If the momentum is maintained against HMFC and ICT we'll be fine and dandy when it comes to Alloa, Hamilton, Falkirk, Dundee etc. In the words of Corporal Jones, "Don't panic." (Prepares himself to watch us get gubbed twice more in friendlies, lose to comedy teams in comedy cups and be slaughtered by Hamilton)

Enough with the acronyms PG!

If you turned up at my party with half empty bottles you wouldn't get in! :huh:

Unless that is you had loads of 'em :)

Thats the way it should be

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Was just having a think with regards to a centre half, and with the ex hearts contingent we have at the Rovers, is it maybe possible we could offer Bouzid a deal?

Believe he played for East Fife against Wolves, and they plan to hold talks with him.

One to maybe look at ourselves?

Was just having a think with regards to a centre half, and with the ex hearts contingent we have at the Rovers, is it maybe possible we could offer Bouzid a deal?

Believe he played for East Fife against Wolves, and they plan to hold talks with him.

One to maybe look at ourselves?

he may well be the one we offered a contract too. A lot of names have been banded about but his hasn't been one of them.

There seems to be a severe lack of decent centre backs at the moment who are free agents. Wouldn't surprise me if we bring in a cb on loan as cover and start the season with Hill and Ellis/Donaldson

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app