The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, TxRover said:

Not sure what mine was doing differently, but thanks. I removed mine in case the cache was showing something different than that for others.

Your link was the URL for the search page but it was erroring. Figured i'd send in the direct link so people can get their eyes on it if they want a wee nose as you had intended to post :)

1 minute ago, Kooz92 said:

Your link was the URL for the search page but it was erroring. Figured i'd send in the direct link so people can get their eyes on it if they want a wee nose as you had intended to post :)

That’s kind what I figured, probably a cache loading on my view…after I looked over the link format that’s what I figured…cheers, m8! The floor plans are new to me, interesting.

26 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

Not a fan of the slate blue choice, but I’m sure there’s a reason. Amused to see the proposed sports bar entrance includes an uneven exit point, seems a poor choice, but the slope is already there and adding a small step to even the immediate area would impress other access. Discounting the colour, it’s a rather attractive updating, but it does (sadly) modernize the old lady.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

it’s a shite read…
“The Kirkcaldy club is looking to make changes to the exterior of the stadium at Stark’s Park, and has lodged a planning application with Fife Council.

Stark’s Park Properties want the go ahead to carry out external alterations to install solar panel roof array and wall cladding including formation of new window and doors and ancillary painting to the front of the building on Pratt Street. Visuals lodged with the planning application show a dramatic new look to replace the old blue and white brickwork, with plans to light up the club’s name and badge, along with an LED information screen.

Rovers shared details of the changes with supporters' groups shortly before the new investment was announced with a local consortium securing a controlling stake in the club. The group includes former Kelty Hearts directors Dean Mckenzie and Andrew Barrowman, local businessmen Colin Smart and Ruaridh Kilgour, current chairman Steven MacDonald, and football operations manager Allan Halliday.

Councillors will consider the application in due course.“

Club should hear in a year or so

53 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

https://bit.ly/RaithTV-AB 

Interview with Andrew Barrowman 

Very encouraging interview. It’s great to watch these videos without the fear of what nonsense your owner is going to come out with next. Positive, focused, clear, upbeat, transparent - everything we’ve not had the last few years. 

4 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Thats the FFP starting to break down the interview videos from Raith TV isn't it?

I wondered if this comment was a little unfair earlier, given they were reporting the planning application rather than just the stills from the video, but they've just rehashed John Sim's "shouldn't we get more Polish folks in here?" so yeah, you're right, that's exactly what they're doing. 

1 hour ago, Offshore Rover said:

Something just feels special here!

Can't remember the last time we had so much clear information from the board and owners, was always so cryptic or negative. 

I am very happy with the way things are going and they are doing a great job!! 👍 

56 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

The FFP are sorted for coverage for the next few weeks then. 

Barrowman isn't wrong about the optimism around the place. Without wanting to go all "Good Feeling At Cappielow...", Saturday was a perfect example of an event organised where collectively every single person in that room had Raith Rovers as part of their identity, regardless of their age, gender or background. It was great just sitting at an event with other Rovers fans talking about our club and the stories that go with it. The new board have been quite vocal about saying that they'll not get everything right, but they're making themselves present and visible in a way which is something a lot of us on here have felt missing before. Barrowman is a brilliant addition for the club in particular - even on Saturday he stood up and just gave a wee spiel about how important it was we're all on the same page, how things are progressing, and how happy they are right now. 

It's not been touched on by anyone else, but it's mentioned that we're quite close to completing a couple of new additions within the next couple of days. Better check the weather forecast to find out if tomorrow or Wednesday will be good days...

15 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It’s not been touched on by anyone else, but it's mentioned that we're quite close to completing a couple of new additions within the next couple of days. Better check the weather forecast to find out if tomorrow or Wednesday will be good days...

He specifically mentioned he wasn’t saying anything until pen was on paper, which make me wonder if it wasn’t a couple of players who have been playing until recent or who haven’t been officially released until the last few days. More encouragingly, he seemed to suggest there have been a lot of agents/players contracting the Rovers with interest,

14 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

Talking of potential players, what is people's thoughts on Ryan Sweeney, who has turned down a new contract and is leaving Dundee?

6'4 centre back, a position we need to fill.

Certainly would not be opposed, fits the leadership and position requirements…is he affordable and willing? He’s turning down a new contract to play in the Premiership, why? I think he feels he can play at the top level…so what’s the deal?

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

He specifically mentioned he wasn’t saying anything until pen was on paper, which make me wonder if it wasn’t a couple of players who have been playing until recent or who haven’t been officially released until the last few days. More encouragingly, he seemed to suggest there have been a lot of agents/players contracting the Rovers with interest,

Certainly would not be opposed, fits the leadership and position requirements…is he affordable and willing? He’s turning down a new contract to play in the Premiership, why? I think he feels he can play at the top level…so what’s the deal?

I have no insider info or anything TX, was only trying to gauge people's thoughts on him. I have no idea on his offer or his contract with Dundee.

5 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Christ what a smell there is in here. Stagnant.

You'se need a black n white kick up the hoop! 

Opening day at Starks Park....yes please. 

But you don’t care about us…blah blah blah.