The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, TxRover said:

By the same token, the “mentality” is established by the differing formats for the playoffs…which is effectively caused by the 12 teams with the split format of the Premiership due to TV. We could use the same format, but it would extend the end of the season by at least a week, which cuts into the season break, which is unpopular.

Its set that way so, in theory, both teams play 38 games before the final.

Realistically 4th shouldn't even be in the play offs, and it should be 2nd v 3rd then v 11th.

I suspect you're one of these people who are outraged at the "closed shop" top flight, but never appear to criticize League Two clubs.

Just now, CountryBumpkin said:

I don't disagree with your summary there, but whats the mentality in pandering to the mediocrity that finishes 2nd bottom by giving them another lifeline, relegate them instantly like they deserve and have the 3 teams in the championship play off 4th v 3rd, winner plays 2nd. Or even better, increase the league size to at least 16 in both divisions and have a 3 up, 3 down system. Unfortunately given that the wee shitey clubs in the top league are too scared to give up their meal ticket of an additional game against the bigot brothers each season for any proper change to happen. So we move on with the status quo and mediocrity gets rewarded.

I'v always wanted 2 relegation spots in every division, but clubs in every division refuse to allow it. Your own would vote against it in the Championship.

3 league of 14, 2 up, 2 down, a play off to see what happens for a 3rd spot in every division. Pyramid is open at the bottom.

But again, every club would refuse that, so this "nasty Premiership clubs" schtick is just petty wailing from fans of a club who can't make the leap upwards.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Realistically 4th shouldn't even be in the play offs, and it should be 2nd v 3rd then v 11th.

I suspect you're one of these people who are outraged at the "closed shop" top flight, but never appear to criticize League Two clubs.

Nope, ideally we’d chop the Premiership to 10, keep the Championship and League One at 10, pry a couple of percent out of The Old Firm to expand League Two to 20 teams, and start automatic relegation for the bottom two in League Two and automatic promotion for the HL and LL champs. Promotion/Relegation for the top three Leagues (promotion AND relegation playoffs to follow the 2-3/4-9 format and keep the automatic up and down for 1 and 10). Gives us 50 teams and true movement. Oh, and the B teams can make their own reserve league.

Edit: Saw the latest post now, and wouldn’t object to two up and down across the board, but the playoffs are fun.

Edited by TxRover

Let's turn it round then if hypothetically the 11th placed team had to play 6 games just to have a chance of staying up how would they fair? 

Partick fucked it today no argument they just couldn't hold their nerve but 6 games will take its toll when there's so much at stake. 

No argument reconstruction needs addressing again especially with this conference league the beaks want. 

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

While your comment about 4th does hold some merit, if you take last seasons championship, going into the last game of the season only one team (us) went into it with nothing to play for. Every other side had either promotion or relegation at stake. That kind of set up stops dead rubbers and keeps the competition entertaining. I’m all for that! 

Edited by Dalziel8

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'v always wanted 2 relegation spots in every division, but clubs in every division refuse to allow it. Your own would vote against it in the Championship.

3 league of 14, 2 up, 2 down, a play off to see what happens for a 3rd spot in every division. Pyramid is open at the bottom.

But again, every club would refuse that, so this "nasty Premiership clubs" schtick is just petty wailing from fans of a club who can't make the leap upwards.

I don't believe your last point is true, or certainly wasn't when the proposals were suggested during Covid. I'm sure we were one of the clubs in favour of the change in structure at that point. Whether that was genuine or a bit of "guilt" given the circumstances of our promotion to the Championship will never really be known. 

I see this thread has been going since 2009, with 8m views. Looking through the threads it’s seems that we’re only really behind The Rangers liquidation thread and Falkirk in terms of true pie and bovril box office. Not bad. 😂

Would have fancied a trip up to Dingwall next season for The Mallard, if nothing else.

The division would have been considerably harder had Ross County come down though, so definitely a positive in footballing terms.

With any luck, Partick & Ayr just fall to shit next season.

13 hours ago, Wardy said:

I see this thread has been going since 2009, with 8m views. Looking through the threads it’s seems that we’re only really behind The Rangers liquidation thread and Falkirk in terms of true pie and bovril box office. Not bad. 😂

It Inspired the Falkirk thread too if you read their first post. 

13 hours ago, Wardy said:

To be fair, about 6 million of they views probably came on January 31st and the first week in February last year.

9 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

To be fair, about 6 million of they views probably came on January 31st and the first week in February last year.

Ah definitely. Would have had loads of views after pumping Sevco in the Ramsdens too. 😂

8 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Behind a paywall, and I already pay good money for toilet roll.

On the subject of ground improvements, not this season but next........
Railway Stand, safe standing area......  Old concrete rip out, new terrace in.
Apparently being discussed. ;) 

I WILL be there if it happens.  Footy should be watched standing up and from the side of the pitch.  With the young team going in the SM Lighting stand (Railway Stand current seating) this will make for a decent atmosphere up the length of the pitch!

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

1 hour ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Behind a paywall, and I already pay good money for toilet roll.

it’s a shite read…
“The Kirkcaldy club is looking to make changes to the exterior of the stadium at Stark’s Park, and has lodged a planning application with Fife Council.

Stark’s Park Properties want the go ahead to carry out external alterations to install solar panel roof array and wall cladding including formation of new window and doors and ancillary painting to the front of the building on Pratt Street. Visuals lodged with the planning application show a dramatic new look to replace the old blue and white brickwork, with plans to light up the club’s name and badge, along with an LED information screen.

Rovers shared details of the changes with supporters' groups shortly before the new investment was announced with a local consortium securing a controlling stake in the club. The group includes former Kelty Hearts directors Dean Mckenzie and Andrew Barrowman, local businessmen Colin Smart and Ruaridh Kilgour, current chairman Steven MacDonald, and football operations manager Allan Halliday.

Councillors will consider the application in due course.“

Edited by TxRover

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

it’s a shite read…
“The Kirkcaldy club is looking to make changes to the exterior of the stadium at Stark’s Park, and has lodged a planning application with Fife Council.

Stark’s Park Properties want the go ahead to carry out external alterations to install solar panel roof array and wall cladding including formation of new window and doors and ancillary painting to the front of the building on Pratt Street. Visuals lodged with the planning application show a dramatic new look to replace the old blue and white brickwork, with plans to light up the club’s name and badge, along with an LED information screen.

Rovers shared details of the changes with supporters' groups shortly before the new investment was announced with a local consortium securing a controlling stake in the club. The group includes former Kelty Hearts directors Dean Mckenzie and Andrew Barrowman, local businessmen Colin Smart and Ruaridh Kilgour, current chairman Steven MacDonald, and football operations manager Allan Halliday.

Councillors will consider the application in due course.“

Here’s the application: https://planning.fife.gov.uk/online/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

This is the direct link to the application: https://planning.fife.gov.uk/online/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=RU38D7HFKLW00&activeTab=summary

11 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

Not sure what mine was doing differently, but thanks. I removed mine in case the cache was showing something different than that for others.