The New Raith Rovers Thread

Always remember Hamilton causing us no end of problems remember he would bully our centre halves , No coincidence the impact him and Nouble made to Arbroath hence look where Arbroath finished this season without them. Never dreamt we would sign Hamilton but it’s showing our intent this season 

2 hours ago, basher brash said:

Always remember Hamilton causing us no end of problems remember he would bully our centre halves , No coincidence the impact him and Nouble made to Arbroath hence look where Arbroath finished this season without them. Never dreamt we would sign Hamilton but it’s showing our intent this season 

Tbf Nouble only made one appearance with Hamilton before he went back to Livi. We played a lot more industrious after that and Hamilton suited it to a tee.

Great bit of business signing Hamilton. Got to hope that with Connolly, Vaughan, Easton, Stanton and (hopefully after a good pre-season) Ross that we can get good balls into the right areas for him to thrive.

Wonder if Murray is planning to use him in a proper front two with Gullan.

1 minute ago, Rover the Moon said:

Great bit of business signing Hamilton. Got to hope that with Connolly, Vaughan, Easton, Stanton and (hopefully after a good pre-season) Ross that we can get good balls into the right areas for him to thrive.

Given the amount of midfielders we have centrally in Brown, Matthews, Spencer (maybe), Arnott, Stanton, McGill, playing 2 up front would see 4 of those guys not starting. 

I can see us playing with a number 10 and two wide forwards again like last year.

10 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

I’ll be amazed if any team in the league plays with 2 strikers as the norm. 

1 hour ago, Wildrover said:

Jack Hamilton looks like a great signing for us, well done the club, hopefully he hits the ground running on his way to a 45 goal season🤣

You've forgotten to add goals in all cup competitions. Will surely be much higher than 45.

21 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

You've forgotten to add goals in all cup competitions. Will surely be much higher than 45.

I can see us being a bit like Man City next season, where we use the fringe players in the early rounds of cups and only bring in the big guns at the semi-final stage, therefore 45 goals for Hamilton is unlikely to be too wide of the mark.

15 hours ago, Raith_Rasta said:

On the Twitter Hartlepool fans are giving him good luck, and they think he has loads of potential.  A think with being at a bottom end team in english league 2 his feeding wasn’t great, but with rovers a championship team aiming for top 5, and am soz to say English conference level he will have better freedom to do his thing and be 3 steps ahead of championship defenders.  In a nutshell Hartlepool fans are optimistic for him and no saying thank f**k, he’s away 

I tried to watch some of Hartlepool's games and they were shelling long balls over his head which is not his style. I remember Jack absolutely schooling the Celtic defence in the Covid season and the game against Rangers when Dykes was pulled to sign for QPR, he was superb. Lacks that wee turn of pace that Livi's high press would require but give him plenty of service and he'll score goals. I'll be keeping an eye on Raith's results next season as I expect him to do well.