The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 hours ago, raith1974 said:

17 players signed, 3 kids that need game time, so all likely to go on loan. Squad of 24 so 10 players to come in. 1 x GK, 3 x CH, 1 x LB, 1 x CM, 2 x CF, 1 x winger, 1x RB. If its a total playing squad of 24 including the kids then drop 1 x CH, 1 x RB and possible the CM seeing as Matthews should be back.

Kids that need loan time = Arnott, Mitchell and Masson? Sorry, I don’t see a loan spell for Arnott or Mitchell, they’ve both been out on loan the last two years and it’s time to put up or shut up…Masson, I could see a half season loan. They all are on contracts expiring next year, so it’s time for them. O’Neil McNeil, perhaps, but then we need two keepers.

Edited by TxRover

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Kids that need loan time = Arnott, Mitchell and Masson? Sorry, I don’t see a loan spell for Arnott or Mitchell, they’ve both been out on loan the last two years and it’s time to put up or shut up…Masson, I could see a half season loan. They all are on contracts expiring next year, so it’s time for them. O’Neil, perhaps, but then we need two keepers.

We don't need 2 keepers we need 3. McNeil will not go on loan. Mitchell and Arnott are not ready for 1st team football in the Championship. Masson needs regular games unlikely to get it at SP this season.

31 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

We don't need 2 keepers we need 3. McNeil will not go on loan. Mitchell and Arnott are not ready for 1st team football in the Championship. Masson needs regular games unlikely to get it at SP this season.

If we loaned O’Neil McNeil, we’d need two keepers in…clear enough?

If Arnott or Mitchell isn’t ready yet for at least limited time, after basically two years of loans, I don’t think we would have re-signed them.

Masson has shown well, and I concur he will either see a loan this year or get significant playing time.We need to play him or lose him, as his hesitance to re-sign showed.

Edited by TxRover

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

If we loaned O’Neil, we’d need two keepers in…clear enough?

If Arnott or Mitchell isn’t ready yet for at least limited time, after basically two years of loans, I don’t think we would have re-signed them.

Masson has shown well, and I concur he will either see a loan this year or get significant playing time.We need to play him or lose him, as his hesitance to re-sign showed.

Who’s O’Neil 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

What took her so long to bin you?

Dunno, but she heard there’s a laddie on here looking for a wife as cover for deviancy…and who cleans his double enders in his dishwasher.

15 hours ago, TxRover said:

Small raft…17 currently signed, 1 possible…four total defenders, and two total keepers. So that’s a keeper plus at least 3 defenders to come in…if Spencer re-signs, we could see 2 or 3 attacking signings, without Spencer probably a DM and 1 or 2 attackers.

Chill time Tx, that was meant as a bit of a joke

7 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

I'm now expecting a Regan Hendry return and a Championship win this season. I hate what pre season does to me....

Better not say that folk with have a hissy fit