The New Raith Rovers Thread

Credit to Murray and the side.  When we lined up at Cove with Scott Brown at centre back, it wasn't looking particularly likely we would be 15th points clear of 9th place with 2 games in hand by the time April came around.

Not using that as some major barometer of success, but when you think of the challenges presented this season, to be still (just about) in the hunt is good going.

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Credit to Murray and the side.  When we lined up at Cove with Scott Brown at centre back, it wasn't looking particularly likely we would be 15th points clear of 9th place with 2 games in hand by the time April came around.

Not using that as some major barometer of success, but when you think of the challenges presented this season, to be still (just about) in the hunt is good going.

Yeah I remember the radio reporter at the game that day waxing lyrical about Cove while commenting it looks like a long hard season ahead for Rovers, so to be in this position with 7 games left is pretty good going. 

35 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

One of the biggest differences from start of the season has been Ross Millen, he's become an excellent right back for us this season.

Even more impressive when you consider the pretty negative reaction to him signing and the shaky start including giving away that penalty early in the season.  He's come back from that and totally settled in and links up well with Connolly down the right side.

Similar with Brown, wasn't exactly a positive response to him being named captain but he's been utterly fantastic, player of the season for me.  Easton again took a little to settle in, but since then has been a key part of the team.  And for a flair/creative player his workrate is immense.

1 hour ago, Tiger Driver said:

Iain Livingstone beside him. Recently retired Police Scotland Chief Constable and a former player of ours.

14 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Get him and Val to team up for a takeover. 

With Brown keeping company with Livingstone, I’d say it would be a very different tale than a takeover if Val got involved.

There's zero chance Val will come back. You had kids on twitter putting some really inflammatory stuff on twitter last year.  There was some pretty daft accusations that she'd used the whole incident to promote a new book, completely ignoring that she's a reasonably successful author in her own right. 

18 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

There's zero chance Val will come back. You had kids on twitter putting some really inflammatory stuff on twitter last year.  There was some pretty daft accusations that she'd used the whole incident to promote a new book, completely ignoring that she's a reasonably successful author in her own right. 

Well aware, just pointing out that Brown’s company at the match would be unnecessarily inflammatory after last years travails.

On 02/04/2023 at 01:29, CALDERON said:

He was at the game on Sunday too.

I'd like to see him involved in a takeover of sorts just for the absolute fucking seeth it would generate.

2 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Broon can piss off back to his crypt.  

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

To be fair the Rovers support is fairly even handed when it comes to politically minded high profile supporters. Happy to seethe about Val McDermid and Gordon Brown equally.

I've never seethed about either and don't expect I ever will. 

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Me neither. I think it’s useful to have some supporters with worldwide influence and we shouldn’t unnecessarily antagonise them. However, the mob take a different approach.

Edited by Scary Bear

6 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Likewise. Any high profile Rovers fans are a good thing as far as I’m concerned and to be fair, they have both put their money where their mouth is at some point. Brown during Reclaim the Rovers and Val through sponsorship. 

It’s going to be a tougher championship next season and worrying if we’re not in a position to strengthen.

Harsh to say it but Vaughn isn’t the answer. Spencer has barely had a good game all season, Gullan no, Ethan Ross flatters to deceive, Isma fat and immobile, Akio isn’t natural in front of goal etc etc.

Brown, Stanton, Easton, Connolly, Nolan, Lang and Jammer is the base of the squad to work from imo. Poplatnik would’ve hit double figures for goals this season if he was still around. 

The midfield is good but it’s crying out for an Akinyemi or Brian Graham type up top. 

Murray needs to take a large part of responsibility for that shambles tonight.