The New Raith Rovers Thread

30 minutes ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

Cant believe folk are saying hamilton deserved to win.10 man defence for the second half.if we had scored one there was only going to be one winner. I’m sick but congratulations to Hamilton on winning the cup.

They were comfortably the better team while it was 11 v 11. 

On the basis that Hamilton suffered a joke red card and then managed to hold out, of course they deserved their win. You can't expect them to commit players forward when they have the lead and are also a man down, that would be madness. They did what they had to do and did it brilliantly. 

I don’t grudge Hamilton their win. They defended brilliantly and their goalie has made a couple of freakish saves that go in 99 times out of 100. This notion that we somehow didn’t play well in the second half is absolute pish, thought. It’s literally beyond some of our fans to understand that one team doesn’t have to be good and the other bad when one team wins. Both can play well in different ways and the result sometimes goes one way and it sometimes goes the other. It’s much easier and straight forward for idiots to think win = good and lose = bad. 

Personally I think Murray should hold his counsel, but when you see and hear some of the stick he gets, good on him.

You only have to look at here or social media.  Some folk have been happy to join in the success of the Motherwell game etc, but lose their shit every time we have a tough result.  Facebook usually ends up with "they wanted it more" type posts.

There are obvious areas that have to improved (stop bringing every fucker back for corners) but ultimately this season will end up pretty much as well as could be expected when you see the situation he inherited and the supposed lower budget.

It's a transitional season, like it or not.

Edited by CALDERON

Aye, I had a bit of a chuckle even by the time the car had hit the M9 yesterday evening. We might have lost the game but e definitely won some absolutely steaming hot takes. Far too many folk went into yesterday thinking we had some sort of divine right to win and that Accies would be blown away. I was quite happy to hear that Murray had told someone to f**k off in all honesty. There's a really weird subsection of people who go to football matches, who will be absolutely all over players and tagging them on social media when it's going well, but any time things go tits up then they're slaughtering them at games. Obviously, Murray isn't on the socials, but I'd far rather folk got put in their place. He's been fine so far. Not incredible, but he's stabilised us and given us two excellent cup runs. It's understandably going to grate the guy if you beat 4 Championship teams only to come up short on the final hurdle, and get bollocked for 90 minutes. 

Thankfully dont do twatter,instagrim or facebook but seems like an open house to say what you like about whoever you like

As for the young team.If it wasn,t for them the atmosphere at games would be grim and i,ve nothing  against flares but just dont throw them

One guy was shouting at Murray this is dire , Goncalves is S@@@e get rid oh him granted he was poor but who else do we have ? Maybe if the 3500 went every home game we would certainly be challenging for a play off spot with a bigger budget at Murrays disposal , Kirkcaldy ain’t interested in Raith rovers unless in cup finals or later stages of national cups competitions pains to say look at Dunfermline and Falkirk and there average gates double ours , Won’t put me off I’ll be there Saturday take the good with the bad 

Edited by basher brash

24 minutes ago, basher brash said:

One guy was shouting at Murray this is dire , Goncalves is S@@@e get rid oh him granted he was poor but who else do we have ? Maybe if the 3500 went every home game we would certainly be challenging for a play off spot with a bigger budget at Murrays disposal , Kirkcaldy ain’t interested in Raith rovers unless in cup finals or later stages of national cups competitions pains to say look at Dunfermline and Falkirk and there average gates double ours , Won’t put me off I’ll be there Saturday take the good with the bad 

There is an inherent result from a bigger game(s) of fair weather and uneducated fans attending, and a proportion of those fans will be these kind of shouters and dour b*****ds. They are the same ones that booed the team at the half. Any success will bring these halfwits out, so we (hopefully) will have to deal with them for a while as the Rovers appear poised to continue the current successful run under IM, if we can get Sim happily punted.

37 minutes ago, TxRover said:

There is an inherent result from a bigger game(s) of fair weather and uneducated fans attending, and a proportion of those fans will be these kind of shouters and dour b*****ds. They are the same ones that booed the team at the half. 

Maybes aye maybes naw. We've got our fair share of booers that turn up week in week out and if things aren't going well let the team and everyone know about it (as frustrating as that is). If anything fairweather fans that turned up for a one off game would probably trudge off at full time with a shrug of the shoulders.

44 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I highly doubt that it was the occasional fans that turned up screaming abuse at Murray/the team when we lost. 

It’s not the occasional fan that does it, it’s the occasional attendee who spends his time ranting at the radio/TV (looks around, finds a mirror and studies it) and then does it in person too. The occasional attendee may join in on the booing if a lot around him do it, though.

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

Just to change the subject for a minute, I take it and takeover/ investment from anyone is dead in the water along with any thoughts or prospect of progression to the promised land

I wouldn’t believe anything that’s in the papers. They’re fumbling around in the dark desperate for a story. 

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I wouldn’t believe anything that’s in the papers. They’re fumbling around in the dark desperate for a story. 

No doubt we'll get more of an inclination on the 12th April at the combined AGM.

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

Reading the SPFL Rules for something else, noticed the damage to stadia section…we could be on the hook for up to £50,000 in damages, depending on what the assessment at TFS shows. Nice going, you idiots.

Opinions are like arseholes.  Everyone got one etc.
However, mine is that Ian Murray has come in to us at a time of financial fu(kups caused by the last manager.  One striker that pulled the shirt on once I believe, and the other one that was a Jimmy Saville.
He had basically zero budget, and had to try to put a squad together to compete in the most competitive league in Scotland in no time at all.  In a transfer market that was basically needle in a haystack.  Lost a very experienced centre half leaving us with no defence as Bene was allowed to leave before he took the job.
So we went into the season with a very makeshift squad and no defence.  He brought in some decent players on said shoestring budget, like Millen, and O'Riordan on loan.  Sadly the latter got recalled in January, again leaving our defence exposed.
He did make one big error in bringing in the Faroese guy on a ridiculously high wage to try to avert the goalscoring issue, and that highlights how sparse the market is at our level.  The guy looked like he would struggle at YM level.  
So all in all, I have a lot of sympathy for Ian Murray.  This is a transitional season, and we are SAFE!  We are not going up, but very unlikely we will drop.  He got us to a Scottish Cup QF and to the final of the guffy cup.  We should reap some financial reward for that, and hopefully he could use it to get in a goalscorer.    So to give the guy abuse, I would ask who the hell do the abusers think we should have in the dug out, and what difference it would make with no money!  Reality check needed.

As to the bawbags with the flares, if the club gets a fine or repair bill, they should be footing the bill.  Oh, and someone mentioned the bell end element we seem to have following us now.  I was right next to them causing problems at Ibrox, when the polis on the horses charged in.  Pity the horses didn't knock any sense into them.  Same lot that knocked the oap Motherwell fan to the ground.  Utter arseholes.

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

26 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Reading the SPFL Rules for something else, noticed the damage to stadia section…we could be on the hook for up to £50,000 in damages, depending on what the assessment at TFS shows. Nice going, you idiots.

All the more reason that these mindless halfwits have to be identified and made an example of, flares, smokebombs and wanton vandalism have no place in the Rovers Family never mind in football 

56 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Opinions are like arseholes.  Everyone got one etc.
However, mine is that Ian Murray has come in to us at a time of financial fu(kups caused by the last manager.  One striker that pulled the shirt on once I believe, and the other one that was a Jimmy Saville.
He had basically zero budget, and had to try to put a squad together to compete in the most competitive league in Scotland in no time at all.  In a transfer market that was basically needle in a haystack.  Lost a very experienced centre half leaving us with no defence as Bene was allowed to leave before he took the job.
So we went into the season with a very makeshift squad and no defence.  He brought in some decent players on said shoestring budget, like Millen, and O'Riordan on loan.  Sadly the latter got recalled in January, again leaving our defence exposed.
He did make one big error in bringing in the Faroese guy on a ridiculously high wage to try to avert the goalscoring issue, and that highlights how sparse the market is at our level.  The guy looked like he would struggle at YM level.  
So all in all, I have a lot of sympathy for Ian Murray.  This is a transitional season, and we are SAFE!  We are not going up, but very unlikely we will drop.  He got us to a Scottish Cup QF and to the final of the guffy cup.  We should reap some financial reward for that, and hopefully he could use it to get in a goalscorer.    So to give the guy abuse, I would ask who the hell do the abusers think we should have in the dug out, and what difference it would make with no money!  Reality check needed.

As to the bawbags with the flares, if the club gets a fine or repair bill, they should be footing the bill.  Oh, and someone mentioned the bell end element we seem to have following us now.  I was right next to them causing problems at Ibrox, when the polis on the horses charged in.  Pity the horses didn't knock any sense into them.  Same lot that knocked the oap Motherwell fan to the ground.  Utter arseholes.

100% agree with everything you ve  written , Think Murray has worked miracles considering what a shambles Mcglynn left us in , You wonder why he left to go to Falkirk ? He knew he couldn't do anything with the budget that was on offer his fault incidentally look at the money he wasted on wages , Keatings , Goodwillie , Sorry to say Gullan 2 and a half year deal panic signing and never out the treatment room at us and Hibs . Fredriksen was an expensive gamble by Murray but what else could he have done due to a limited market in Scotland however I’m confident he will be already speaking to potential new strikers .

The flare that was thrown at Ibrox actually hit an elderly supporter in the face , The same group that were breaking seats at Falkirk and the same group that were causing grief down the links The same group that damaged our own seats in the south stand which the fans rep shared on Twitter ,  Don’t get me wrong it’s been great that they are supporting the club and backing the team however at the moment there’s an element within that group who are basically ultras out to cause damage and trouble . 

6 minutes ago, basher brash said:

100% agree with everything you ve  written , Think Murray has worked miracles considering what a shambles Mcglynn left us in , You wonder why he left to go to Falkirk ? He knew he couldn't do anything with the budget that was on offer his fault incidentally look at the money he wasted on wages , Keatings , Goodwillie , Sorry to say Gullan 2 and a half year deal panic signing and never out the treatment room at us and Hibs . Fredriksen was an expensive gamble by Murray but what else could he have done due to a limited market in Scotland however I’m confident he will be already speaking to potential new strikers .

The flare that was thrown at Ibrox actually hit an elderly supporter in the face , The same group that were breaking seats at Falkirk and the same group that were causing grief down the links The same group that damaged our own seats in the south stand which the fans rep shared on Twitter ,  Don’t get me wrong it’s been great that they are supporting the club and backing the team however at the moment there’s an element within that group who are basically ultras out to cause damage and trouble . 

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

All the more reason that these mindless halfwits have to be identified and made an example of, flares, smokebombs and wanton vandalism have no place in the Rovers Family never mind in football 

If they don’t get identified, they will cause more issues going forward. We have to help police this ourselves, and anyone knowing any of the these halfwits would do well to identify them to the Club and/or police.