The New Raith Rovers Thread

Felt sorry for Isma.  His game isn't about playing as a lone striker whilst being isolated, and that's exactly what he was being asked to do.  Vaughan was just as bad today, but he won't get anywhere near as much stick.

One of those days.  Plenty didn't go our way and I don't think the team and manager got things right at all - but the effort was there, and in reality we were partly undone by some very good goalkeeping indeed. 

12 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Felt sorry for Isma.  His game isn't about playing as a lone striker whilst being isolated, and that's exactly what he was being asked to do.  Vaughan was just as bad today, but he won't get anywhere near as much stick.

One of those days.  Plenty didn't go our way and I don't think the team and manager got things right at all - but the effort was there, and in reality we were partly undone by some very good goalkeeping indeed. 

Honestly, the Accies got their tactics right to frustrate us and then rode their luck to win. A couple of clearances off the line and a couple of insanely good saves did us in. I believe the above criticisms are hysterically overwrought, and I think we simply didn’t adapt well to the tactics deployed against us.

Those smoke bombs can get to f**k tbh.  They can help the atmosphere and all that, but it looked like one wasn't far away from hitting the linesman, and looked like it caused damage to Falkirks pitch.  It's going to end up costing the club money.

24 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Speaking of going right in the bin, Isma can climb on in, awful, awful player. 

He isn't necessarily the answer, but that is incredibly harsh.  Vaughan and Spencer were every bit as poor today.  

Isma hasn't exactly been fantastic, but he's been alright.  There are other players who have featured who deserve this tag far more.

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

He isn't necessarily the answer, but that is incredibly harsh.  Vaughan and Spencer were every bit as poor today.  

Isma hasn't exactly been fantastic, but he's been alright.  There are other players who have featured who deserve this tag far more.

Not disagreeing. I did say Vaughan was slow, weak and has become a diving wee shite too. Spencer was awful as well, but he did try and make up for his mistakes. Isma sauntered around and didn't even make an attempt to hassle defenders or make space for others. 

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Not disagreeing. I did say Vaughan was slow, weak and has become a diving wee shite too. Spencer was awful as well, but he did try and make up for his mistakes. Isma sauntered around and didn't even make an attempt to hassle defenders or make space for others. 

Does that make them awful awful footballers?

I dont know why we were lumping the ball up to Isma in that first half when no-one was running up to support him Vaughan and Brown continuing to slow the game down , Spencer not at the races either, we beat ourselves in the end and didn't deserve anything from the game. Too many players underperforming when it mattered, and once again a large support turns out for them, only to be let down

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

The first half was terrible, but the second half was really just a return to what we saw time and again in the first half of the season. Four (or five, or six) attacking midfielders milling around the edge of the box, crying out for a big number 9 to just stick the ball in the net.

Isma might well have managed it, but he looked knackered after a first half of running around under high balls whilst nobody else got near him. 

It's very frustrating, and it's largely due to the profile of the players we've got available rather than individual failings from those players, but it absolutely has to be addressed in the summer. 

A few things contributed to today's disappointment. Tactics (theirs and ours), key players not delivering what was expected, their keeper being on fire in 2nd half and the usual lack of a striker. A sorry showing really, in front of a good travelling support.

What fucked me off today was the trying the fancy stuff inside the box. We had the players with the ability to shoot from the edge of the box, but not one of them attempted it.

What I would say is, as much as I enjoy the content etc, when I listened to the Murray and Brown interviews yesterday it did seem like there was a wee bit of complacency and overconfidence from the interviewer.  Did feel a wee bit like that going into the game today as well.

That may be harsh of course, but I hope this defeat doesn't impact the squad too much.

Edited by CALDERON

11 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Does that make them awful awful footballers?

At this level, no but both of those guys have shown proper quality previously to today. Isma not so much, flashes of decency, but on the whole, lazy, incapable of holding a ball up or putting in a real shift when it's needed. No effort to close down or make defenders think twice. The Hamilton defence didn't have a lot to do against him. Admittedly part of that was the way we were made to play by their high pressing and battling performance but in the opportunities he had... nothing.  

As previously mentioned regarding smoke bombs , Just would like to thank even further the damage this so called young team are doing to the reputation of the Rovers blatantly breaking chairs at the end of the match , This will cost the Rovers 100”s of pounds we can Ill afford no apologises I had a right go of them bunch of Fanny’s  giving me the stare down stone island brigade, We are disappointed but get behind the Rovers in a decent way not costing the club money  

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

At this level, no but both of those guys have shown proper quality previously to today. Isma not so much, flashes of decency, but on the whole, lazy, incapable of holding a ball up or putting in a real shift when it's needed. No effort to close down or make defenders think twice. The Hamilton defence didn't have a lot to do against him. Admittedly part of that was the way we were made to play by their high pressing and battling performance but in the opportunities he had... nothing.  

I think other than the game against Ayr, he's been absolutely fine.  Got us over the line against Motherwell, did decent against Queens Park, played v well last week against Cove.  Not great against Rangers, but was a thankless task.

I don't think he looks fully fit, but I'd say over the piece he's been alright - and fucking light years above Big John and certainly better than Connell.

5 minutes ago, basher brash said:

As previously mentioned regarding smoke bombs , Just would like to thank even further the damage this so called young team are doing to the reputation of the Rovers blatantly breaking chairs at the end of the match , This will cost the Rovers 100”s of pounds we can Ill afford no apologises I had a right go of them bunch of Fanny’s  giving me the stare down stone island brigade, We are disappointed but get behind the Rovers in a decent way not costing the club money  

These p***ks need identified and barred even charged for the cost of repairs

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I don't think he looks fully fit, but I'd say over the piece he's been alright - and fucking light years above Big John and certainly better than Connell.

I don't disagree with this last sentence, but it was a low bar. 

8 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Fucking hell. Smoke bombs were bad enough but breaking seats does nobody any favours. p***ks. 

48 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Those smoke bombs can get to f**k tbh.  They can help the atmosphere and all that, but it looked like one wasn't far away from hitting the linesman, and looked like it caused damage to Falkirks pitch.  It's going to end up costing the club money.

There was a scorch mark about a foot long inside the 6 yard box.