The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Partick finding a bit of form makes Saturday must win really. 

Must win, for what? Surely only for the faint, twinkling hope of promotion playoffs?

For anything else it's a "would be good to win but yet another draw wouldn't kill us and even a defeat wouldn't be fatal" game.

Still plenty of points to play for so not writing off our play off hopes just yet. With only Morton v Ayr left to play to even up the fixtures we’re at worst 6 points off the promotion play-offs, possibly only 5 if there’s a winner in that game. But, and it’s a big but, we would need to start putting a run of wins together fast, starting on Saturday. Lose to Thistle and I think it’s a busted flush. Then it just becomes avoid relegation and enjoy the cup games.

Edited by roverthemoon

8 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Must win, for what? Surely only for the faint, twinkling hope of promotion playoffs?

For anything else it's a "would be good to win but yet another draw wouldn't kill us and even a defeat wouldn't be fatal" game.

Its must win to make sure there's something to play for in the last quarter of the season tbh.  Going to effectively meaningless league games for 2 months wouldn't be great for attendances, therefore gate money.

On 27/02/2023 at 14:03, Brashy's Boots said:

Not much happening so here's a fun fact of the day - Hank Scorpio, PaddyX, Broken Algorithms and me all sit within 10 feet of each other, in 4 consecutive rows.

On 27/02/2023 at 16:01, TxRover said:

Sounds like the basis of a Rovers logic puzzle…

A) Hank knows Ro

B) Brashy doesn’t know Paddy

C) Broken is next to Ro, and buys a pie at halftime

D) Paddy likes pies

Does Ro like pies and Brashy?

On 27/02/2023 at 23:04, Brashy's Boots said:

I know who Broken is because some of his comments here match up with things in the south stand. I can see Paddy accessing and updating P&B during games and like Broken, some of Hanks comments match up with events in our location.

I've no clue about Ro or Calderón. Wonder who else is around.

On 28/02/2023 at 00:05, TxRover said:

So that puts Paddy one row in front Brashy. The question of are Broken and Hank also below Brashy hinges on if he sees or hears the events he relates to posts…best bet is he’s furthest back. However, Calderon and baille are likely even further up. Ah well, it’s all just amusing that four to six relatively prominent posters are bunched so closely together.

Just noticed this.

To add, I've sat in Row SS since the South Stand was built.

I do like pies, I even missed our 2 goals against Morton as the queue was taking ages.

7 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

Just noticed this.

To add, I've sat in Row SS since the South Stand was built.

I do like pies, I even missed our 2 goals against Morton as the queue was taking ages.

I also missed both of our goals and the first Morton goal that night waiting on a coffee. Was maybe yourself I was talking to 😂

1 hour ago, Offshore Rover said:

Worth a scroll through this on Twitter if you’re into that kind of stuff 

C20ADFD8-CBBD-4203-9161-7F2B52D57C26.png

E55CB62B-B420-4FED-B531-DC9E3D2F00DB.jpeg

This one was the eye opener…Queen’s with the easiest run in. On the other hand, we’re pretty locked between four places that pay close to the same, the “big” increase in income comes at 4th.

2 hours ago, Offshore Rover said:

Worth a scroll through this on Twitter if you’re into that kind of stuff 

C20ADFD8-CBBD-4203-9161-7F2B52D57C26.png

E55CB62B-B420-4FED-B531-DC9E3D2F00DB.jpeg

52 minutes ago, TxRover said:

This one was the eye opener…Queen’s with the easiest run in. On the other hand, we’re pretty locked between four places that pay close to the same, the “big” increase in income comes at 4th.

You guys need to get out more, there's a whole big world out there 🤪

1 minute ago, keyser_soze said:

You guys need to get out more, there's a whole big world out there 🤪

Yea, and it’s promising the potential for cricket ball sized hail starting in two hours…I’m huddling inside!

Amusingly, at Alloa, Coulson now only slightly tongue in cheek nicknamed the Mighty Quinn…don’t look like much of an Eskimo to me, but it’s an endorsement of what IM said about he felt he needed playing time, and wasn’t going to get it at Raith, so they agreed to let him go. Can’t be a bad thing for encouraging young players to look at Raith either.

To do so they will have Lewis Vaughan available for selection after his hamstring injury after the forward completed his first full session on Thursday.

Ethan Ross has also made a return to training, though this weekend’s match will come too quickly for him. and he will train fully with the squad from Monday.