The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

I’ve registered under 3 different email addresses and got a reply from them that they’ll send an email with a link to validate but no email been sent. Got a load of Rovers programmes from the 50s onwards to sell and was going to put them on the for sale thread. I’ve also got one special programme to sell the 1949 league cup final between Raith Rovers v Rangers. 

PM me the emails and I’ll forward them to a mod over there to look at.

It’s time to start announcing contracts, we’ve got an assurance of some money now. As it stands, we have 10 signed through 2024:

Keepers: McNeil

Defenders: Millen

Midfielders: Arnott, Brown, Easton, Matthews, Ross, Stanton

Forwards: Gullan, Vaughan

I’d like to see Thomson, Young, Lang, Nolan, Spencer and Connolly signed soon for sure. If we can, also sign Dick, Masson, Mitchell, McBride. I’d be willing to see MacDonald move on, he’s shown signs of injuries and time catching up with him, and a I suspect the Championship next year might be a bridge too far. Yes, it’s a risk with McNeil, but Thomson is capable of starting in the Championship too. Mahady, what little we’ve seen isn’t enough at this level.

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

It’s time to start announcing contracts, we’ve got an assurance of some money now. As it stands, we have 10 signed through 2024:

Keepers: McNeil

Defenders: Millen

Midfielders: Arnott, Brown, Easton, Matthews, Ross, Stanton

Forwards: Gullan, Vaughan

I’d like to see Thomson, Young, Lang, Nolan, Spencer and Connolly signed soon for sure. If we can, also sign Dick, Masson, Mitchell, McBride. I’d be willing to see MacDonald move on, he’s shown signs of injuries and time catching up with him, and a I suspect the Championship next year might be a bridge too far. Yes, it’s a risk with McNeil, but Thomson is capable of starting in the Championship too. Mahady, what little we’ve seen isn’t enough at this level.

Brown is only under contract until the end of this season. I'm sure Murray hinted in a Raith TV interview months ago that he was hopeful Brown would be signing an extended deal soon. That doesn't seem to have happened so leads me to think he has other options. 

We're certainly in an uncomfortable position with so many regulars out of contract and the likes of Gullan and Ross tied up for another year when ideally you'd be getting rid of them this summer. 

I would keep MacDonald for another year. I think he's still got one more year at this level in the tank. 

I would have Connolly as a certainty to move on and Spencer as more than likely. The likes of Lang, Brown and Dick have shown they are more than capable at this level and will no doubt also have offers from other clubs in the championship. 

If both the Pars and Falkirk come up that will also be bad news as it will mean both promoted teams will be able to comfortably offer higher wages than us. 

Could be quite a summer of change. 

13 games unbeaten is excellent but of the 8 league games in that run 6 were draws. If we keep going like that I can’t see us managing 4th place in the league.

It’s still a pretty excellent season with the cup runs, but it would be nice to get a few more wins in the league.

We’ve definitely strengthened as a team but feels like we’re still a little short quality wise from the play off spots. Realistically we’re probably still sitting in 7th given the games in hand. The one consolation is we still play all the teams around us but feels like we’re fast approaching have to win territory in those games. 

Top 4 is likely beyond us, but we are in with half a shout with everyone still to play.  Considering where we were, that's absolutely fine.

Last night it was refreshing to see players who looked like centre forwards to be honest.

20 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Top 4 is likely beyond us, but we are in with half a shout with everyone still to play.  Considering where we were, that's absolutely fine.

Last night it was refreshing to see players who looked like centre forwards to be honest.

It's bizarre to say that when we're only 3 points out of it but you're probably right. Though saying that, a lot of games to play that can change everything again, we just have to keep playing as we are and see what's happens. 

If we beat Ayr on Friday and we're 2 points behind them. There isn't a stand out side in this league and it shows as no one has broken away or hit a great run of wins. 

What a difference a few days can make, HT at Arbroath 1-0 down with the teams below us looking good and we’re looking over our shoulders at the bottom spots. Fast forward a few days we’re unbeaten in 13, pretty safe from the bottom spots, in a Cup final and in the Quarter Final of the Scottish with a payday fixture. We might be 6-7th due to games in hand but the team has shown some fight over our traditional winter lull.  Is 4th spot beyond us this season? Possibly but I’m not betting against us just yet.  There’s still plenty football between now and the end of the season and in this league everyone is capable of beating each other. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

6 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Brown is only under contract until the end of this season. I'm sure Murray hinted in a Raith TV interview months ago that he was hopeful Brown would be signing an extended deal soon. That doesn't seem to have happened so leads me to think he has other options…Could be quite a summer of change. 

Corrected Brown, I’ve been showing that as 2024 all year and that’s frustrating given his value.

This team could be a winner easily next year if we’re finally finding the right combinations. Everything but a physical strikers is finally in place and contracted, the striker is loaned…fix that and we might be the Kings of the hill…if we lose several players, it hurts, as always, but very frustrating.

4 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

It's bizarre to say that when we're only 3 points out of it but you're probably right.

It’s 3 points plus a game or two in hand in most cases…and there is only the 11 games left, the maths are less favorable than we think looking at the table.