The New Raith Rovers Thread

really hope it isn’t livingston.

A major refurbishment of the bridge that carries the eastbound slip road off the M8 at Junction 3 near Livingston over the A899 is planned to start early in 2023 for six months.

The reinforced concrete structure, which was originally built in 1970, will benefit from a £1.3m upgrade in line with modern standards, ensuring its long-term use and safety for motorists.

The nature of the works means the slip road will be closed from mid-February for approximately five months.  Clearly signed diversion routes will maintain access to Livingston from the M8 coming from the west and underline that the town is very much open for business.

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

A major refurbishment of the bridge that carries the eastbound slip road off the M8 at Junction 3 near Livingston over the A899 is planned to start early in 2023 for six months.

The reinforced concrete structure, which was originally built in 1970, will benefit from a £1.3m upgrade in line with modern standards, ensuring its long-term use and safety for motorists.

The nature of the works means the slip road will be closed from mid-February for approximately five months.  Clearly signed diversion routes will maintain access to Livingston from the M8 coming from the west and underline that the town is very much open for business.

Do you really think the Glasgow based authorities will give a flying f**k about that?

29 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

The diversion into Livi from the M8 only adds 15 minutes to your drive. It’s still completely accessible 

38 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Road into Livingston from the east is still open.

Livi wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm sure there's a Brewers Fayre just at the top of the ground and the shopping centre which has a Wetherspoons isn't too far away either. When you compare it to Airdrie where pubs were in the middle of nowhere and the OF on that day it probably spoilt a decent pre match swalley. 

7 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Livi wouldn't be the end of the world. I'm sure there's a Brewers Fayre just at the top of the ground and the shopping centre which has a Wetherspoons isn't too far away either. When you compare it to Airdrie where pubs were in the middle of nowhere and the OF on that day it probably spoilt a decent pre match swalley. 

Brewers Fayre and a Wetherspoons, think I’d rather it was the end of the world.

59 minutes ago, Raithie said:

You can walk from the town centre pubs to the ground in Airdrie in about fifteen minutes. Night and day compared to a Wetherspoons in a shopping centre. 

The Old Firm situation was unfortunate. Just a Scotland match on the Saturday to contend with this time. Really is incredible how badly the SPFL manage this tournament. 

9 minutes ago, Paco said:

You can walk from the town centre pubs to the ground in Airdrie in about fifteen minutes. Night and day compared to a Wetherspoons in a shopping centre. 

The Old Firm situation was unfortunate. Just a Scotland match on the Saturday to contend with this time. Really is incredible how badly the SPFL manage this tournament. 

Wasn't aware the pubs were that close in Airdrie, thought it was a good bit away from the ground. Scotland game is day before cup final however a dear weekend for folk that want to do both.

3 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

We need a video of just Thomson during the shootout with subtitles. Glorious. 

You won’t need subtitles… you can hear a lot of it in the highlights which should be done around lunchtime as it is using the BBC footage without commentary. It is great stuff.

1 hour ago, Roath Raver said:

You won’t need subtitles… you can hear a lot of it in the highlights which should be done around lunchtime as it is using the BBC footage without commentary. It is great stuff.

This is indeed very funny. Ostensibly trying to calm Robinson down is great patter. "You always change your mind. Don't change your mind! Just don't shit yourself!" 

"I've seen them all" - hahaha top shithousing by Thommo.

Putting it out there I like Akio. Is he the finished article? No. He sometimes looks completely lost. However, he's got a work-rate, bit of physicality and can run. Scored a great poachers goal and nearly had a 2nd at the end.

Miles ahead of the big joker we had as backup as well as Connell. He'll do for me.

Akio did us a real turn against Arbroath on Saturday but last night he looked absolutely lost until he scored. He was vastly improved afterwards.

I'm not sure I would want to rely on him as a regular starter but I think he could be a reasonable option off the bench.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Akio did us a real turn against Arbroath on Saturday but last night he looked absolutely lost until he scored. He was vastly improved afterwards.

I'm not sure I would want to rely on him as a regular starter but I think he could be a reasonable option off the bench.

This 100%. All at sea until he scored, conceding possession with nearly every touch and losing every challenge. Afterwards, looked a different player. I was harsh on him, about 30s before the goal but happy to say I was maybe too hasty. Look forward to seeing what he can bring us.