The New Raith Rovers Thread

41 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

McGill/Young Cup tied

tom lang unknown

vaughan and Gullan injured and the rest of the team minus McNeil start to day that was on the bench 

Lang felt a twinge in the hammy in practice earlier this week.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

Akio so far looks rank. Lacks pace, unable to hold the ball up. Maybe with the wind he'll look better in the 2nd half.

Has he had a 2nd touch yet after a 1st touch ? No the quickest is he ? 

Edited by Manfaefife3

6 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Akio so far looks rank. Lacks pace, unable to hold the ball up. Maybe with the wind he'll look better in the 2nd half.

He's still miles better than Frederiksen. Probably than Connell as well.

f**k it, some teams in our league might be able to go without 6 recognised starters and the remainder shifted around, but we're not one of them.

Hopefully there will be no unwarranted soiling of underwear about getting punted out this shite, shite cup.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

He's still miles better than Frederiksen. Probably than Connell as well.

f**k it, some teams in our league might be able to go without 6 recognised starters and the remainder shifted around, but we're not one of them.

Hopefully there will be no unwarranted soiling of underwear about getting punted out this shite, shite cup.

Quit the drugs... Akio looks like he's never seen a football before. Worst 45 minutes of centre forward play I've ever seen at this level, pure dug meat

This game has ended up being a distraction, which is exactly how those first 45 minutes panned out 

Still a dissapointing watch though.  Was hoping to see some positive signs from the likes of Masson and Akio, both looking miles off it that half.

Ultimately it tells us nothing, other than we aren't good enough to make multiple changes and look very good - which we knew.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That’s not being Devil’s Advocate, that’s just being plainly incorrect. 

No its not plainly incorrect as he has never been convicted in a criminal court. In this country as you will be aware people are taken to criminal court to be found guilty and sentenced not a civil court. Evidence is far less in a civil court to get a verdict. 

20 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

Quit the drugs... Akio looks like he's never seen a football before. Worst 45 minutes of centre forward play I've ever seen at this level, pure dug meat

Completely agree, how we can be so bad at identifying a striker. 

The team tonight basically shows the lack of strength and depth our squad has , Any regulars missing and we struggle and then you look at the Dundee team / bench that’s the difference , The only thing I would criticise Murray on was the back 3 which didn’t work it left us to exposed but I think that was more down to the personnel available and one eye on Saturdays game 

1 minute ago, basher brash said:

The team tonight basically shows the lack of strength and depth our squad has , Any regulars missing and we struggle and then you look at the Dundee team / bench that’s the difference , The only thing I would criticise Murray on was the back 3 which didn’t work it left us to exposed but I think that was more down to the personnel available and one eye on Saturdays game 

Agreed tough game for young Masson felt  dick has had a poor game in particular and we definitely need upgrade on cb when Lang isn’t there. Hopefully no Injuries and a few back for Saturday 

You can see that Murray was trying to give a couple of players a rest whilst managing very limited options. A shite situation to be in, but let's be honest here - this was a game we could really have done without. Hopefully it doesn't drain too much from the players ahead of Saturday. 

Whatever it took to preseve the squad as best he could ahead of the Motherwell game, I am fine with it. 

Edited by Michael W

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

You can see that Murray was trying to give a couple of players a rest whilst managing very limited options. A shite situation to be in, but let's be honest here - this was a game we could really have done without. Hopefully it doesn't drain too much from the players ahead of Saturday. 

Whatever it took to preseve the squad as best he could ahead of the Motherwell game, I am fine with it. 

The way the team is playing it doesn't look like it's taking too much out of them. Still no idea why Akio was signed.