The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 hours ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

I was hoping we'd have went for him when he left Hearts but I imagine the compensation would've been a stumbling block, I really don't remember him doing anything of note last season for queens though 

And yet, we sorted it. He was injured for chunks of last season. And this one for that matter.

11 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

If these new owners/investors come In at the time frame said to be I reckon we could keep him can probably give him a longer deal and a pay rise it’ll be interesting to see who we are in contract negotiations with 

You'll also have to pay for him as he's still well under 23 as was pointed out above.

42 minutes ago, Rugster said:

They've let him go already 

Genuinely bizarre that they've watched what happened with us and thought "if we don't announce it then maybe nobody will notice and we can sneak it under the radar". I'm convinced that the majority of board members of football clubs within the UK think that fans don't have a clue.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Genuinely bizarre that they've watched what happened with us and thought "if we don't announce it then maybe nobody will notice and we can sneak it under the radar". I'm convinced that the majority of board members of football clubs within the UK think that fans don't have a clue.

it's maybe more of they don't actually care than have a clue

48 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

The guy is an idiot, why keep putting your family through this when the same thing has happened at every team since January last year.  Surely he now realises he’s finished as a player certainly in the UK.  I said after we chased him and then Clyde forced him out that his only realistic option if he wanted to play was to go abroad. Even then he’d be limited in which countries might accept him. Just hang your boots up, it’s over, you should think yourself lucky you got to play on with Clyde. 

3 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

The guy is an idiot, why keep putting your family through this when the same thing has happened at every team since January last year.  Surely he now realises he’s finished as a player certainly in the UK.  I said after we chased him and then Clyde forced him out that his only realistic option if he wanted to play was to go abroad. Even then he’d be limited in which countries might accept him. Just hang your boots up, it’s over, you should think yourself lucky you got to play on with Clyde. 

Well Saudi Arabia accepted CR7 so not impossible

11 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

You know you dont mean that.Sour grapes.

Reghan (In my estimation) was a great attacking full-back for Morton....... and since Lewis (Strapp) is obviously gonnae be out for a while.......Reghan would have been the perfect replacement ...imo.

He's great going forward, for us he was absolutely excellent however, defensively he was in my opinion very weak at times. Part of that was due to his license to get forward and be the outlet but other parts were very much concentration issues and lack of awareness that led us to conceding silly goals down his side on many an occasion. 

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

How do you suggest he feeds his family

10 minutes ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

How do you suggest he feeds his family

Electrician? Not sure if he’s finished his apprenticeship yet, but it’s what he was doing.

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

He's great going forward, for us he was absolutely excellent however, defensively he was in my opinion very weak at times. Part of that was due to his license to get forward and be the outlet but other parts were very much concentration issues and lack of awareness that led us to conceding silly goals down his side on many an occasion. 

Tumilty was ideally suited to playing a right wing back in front of a back three, but we never really exploited that.. I do wonder how it would have worked out longer term with Tumilty and MacDonald wide and Hendry in the middle, in front of 3 CB’s, maybe Matthews and Spencer in front and nearly any two forwards up top.

5 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I don’t know maybe he could try to get a job outside of football like the rest of us. I assume David Robertson managed to find one. 

He was an apprentice electrician when with Clyde…how many people would be willing to hire him might be the issue, but there are commercial jobs in that line.

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

He was an apprentice electrician when with Clyde…how many people would be willing to hire him might be the issue, but there are commercial jobs in that line.

There’s plenty jobs away from the spotlight and from social media you’ve got thousands who are happy to defend DGW, I’m sure one of them will be delighted to offer him employment. What’s his alternative? Go from club to club, play 1 match and get released after another media shit storm until he’s too old.  Get a normal job, get your name out the papers and move on. 

15 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

There’s plenty jobs away from the spotlight and from social media you’ve got thousands who are happy to defend DGW, I’m sure one of them will be delighted to offer him employment. What’s his alternative? Go from club to club, play 1 match and get released after another media shit storm until he’s too old.  Get a normal job, get your name out the papers and move on. 

The only way he can play football and take a wage from it is to go abroad and play. Iirc he has a young family so probably won't want to do that. So he really does just need to realise he's going to have to get a "proper job" and that he's fucked up that aspect of his life by raping someone. He should be greatful he has the opportunity to do so having not had a custodial sentence. 

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

The only way he can play football and take a wage from it is to go abroad and play. Iirc he has a young family so probably won't want to do that. So he really does just need to realise he's going to have to get a "proper job" and that he's fucked up that aspect of his life by raping someone. He should be greatful he has the opportunity to do so having not had a custodial sentence. 

Devils advocate here. He’s not had a custodial sentance because hes never been found guilty.