The New Raith Rovers Thread

45 minutes ago, grumswall said:

We will be due a percentage of any transfer fee for him though? Something like 0.5% would make sense. I may have played football manager too much a few years ago... 

We'll get f**k all. This has been done to death by now.

7 minutes ago, renton said:

We'll get f**k all. This has been done to death by now.

So we didn't contribute to his development under the age of 21? I really couldn't care less if it has been done to death, that's my understanding of the rules around player development and I can't remember how old he was when he signed for us. Im quoting a computer game as my source ffs 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

So we didn't contribute to his development under the age of 21? I really couldn't care less if it has been done to death, that's my understanding of the rules around player development and I can't remember how old he was when he signed for us. Im quoting a computer game as my source ffs 

I can't remember the player nor the director, however the director informed me that the club received a cheque for participation in the players development for £70.00

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

We will be due a percentage of any transfer fee for him though? Something like 0.5% would make sense. I may have played football manager too much a few years ago... 

He’s 25, I think that ship has sailed. As I read the compensation rules, even FIFA’s, the player needs to be at/under 24.

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

He’s 25, I think that ship has sailed. As I read the compensation rules, even FIFA’s, the player needs to be at/under 24.

Fair enough. I don't claim to know what's what with all that. I think the rules I was referring to where fifas though, where we would be due a tiny percentage but as you say, we're fucked with that. 

20 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I can't remember the player nor the director, however the director informed me that the club received a cheque for participation in the players development for £70.00

Better than nothing 🤷

Just now, grumswall said:

Fair enough. I don't claim to know what's what with all that. I think the rules I was referring to where fifas though, where we would be due a tiny percentage but as you say, we're fucked with that. 

Better than nothing 🤷

Yea, under the FIFA rules, which would apply with the move to England, the compensation is smaller than under SFA rules, but it is owed proportionally, even on out of contract players.

7 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Sounds like what Drysdale accepted from Rangers for David Bates. 

Just now, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Saturday 3pm it is then.

Rangers and Celtic games on TV? I am shocked, shocked I tell you. Darvel I understand, possibility of another upset, not sure the same can be said of the Hamilton v Hearts match though, given current form.

13 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Aye, the 90's version of Hartlepool really. Look how well that ended too.

Christ, I mind the last day of that season sitting with the permutations of results that would mean Millwall were relegated written down, then watching it unfold on Ceefax and being delighted when they went down.

I was a bitter wee shite back then!

17 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Does anyone still by the FFP. Just wondering if there is any news on signings coming in before the window closes. 

Not much in the FFP on line. Apparently there is talk again about a Hovercraft link between leith and Kirkcaldy so that's exciting.

37 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Does anyone still by the FFP. Just wondering if there is any news on signings coming in before the window closes. 

I'm not sure the FFP even send reporters to games anymore.

Any quotes are directly from Raith TV interviews and the match reports give the impression of having been compiled from watching the highlights.