The New Raith Rovers Thread

The Highland League is, other than a few teams, pretty terrible. 

I went to see Banks O Dee vs Brechin a couple of weeks back and it was one of the most 1 sided matches I've seen in years.  

That said, it's not unheard of for players to have pretty underwhelming loan spells but still come back a better player.

5 minutes ago, Jack Rae2 said:

I, like many others, work midweek, no time off during the times they are open to go down. I tried to phone multiple times, starting before 10am, did not get through at all, sold out at 10:20 or so. There has to be a better way around this. Especially with it being first come first served. I understand the whole limited tickets shite but it’s a joke when you say to fans phone or office only to purchase then can’t get through on the phone and open your office only midweek hours.

To be fair, if you aren't a season ticket holder I don't think it mattered when or how the club sold these.  Demand was always going to exceed supply. The only way to easily get a ticket for games like this is to be a season ticket holder. Which, to be honest, is how it should be.

Edited by CALDERON

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

To be fair, if you aren't a season ticket holder I don't think it mattered when or how the club sold these.  Demand was always going to exceed supply. The only way to easily get a ticket for games like this is to be a season ticket holder. Which, to be honest, is how it should be.

Tough but fair, missed out for this reason. Hope to pick one up at the pub Saturday but if I don't it's how it goes. 

We’re pretty lucky, in some regards, as Raith Rovers fans that we don’t experience many sell out games. Season ticket holders first may be tough on some but it is the fairest way of doing things.

1 hour ago, Jack Rae2 said:

I, like many others, work midweek, no time off during the times they are open to go down. I tried to phone multiple times, starting before 10am, did not get through at all, sold out at 10:20 or so. There has to be a better way around this. Especially with it being first come first served. I understand the whole limited tickets shite but it’s a joke when you say to fans phone or office only to purchase then can’t get through on the phone and open your office only midweek hours.

Sounds like a you problem 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

In no way having a go about season tickets. Was a season ticket holder for 10 years or so. Working every second Saturday means a season ticket doesn’t make sense for me at money wise. I agree, season ticket holders should get first dibs. What is more annoying is the way they’ve sold the general sale, having a phone line which isn’t queued, phoning multiple times before and after 10am just for no answer then to be told they’re sold out online. Makes it a game of luck to even get through to the office. Surely the likes of a queuing system would make more sense, instead of being panned off completely. 

9 minutes ago, Jack Rae2 said:

In no way having a go about season tickets. Was a season ticket holder for 10 years or so. Working every second Saturday means a season ticket doesn’t make sense for me at money wise. I agree, season ticket holders should get first dibs. What is more annoying is the way they’ve sold the general sale, having a phone line which isn’t queued, phoning multiple times before and after 10am just for no answer then to be told they’re sold out online. Makes it a game of luck to even get through to the office. Surely the likes of a queuing system would make more sense, instead of being panned off completely. 

I suspect the club didn't expect a general sale to be honest.

36 minutes ago, Jack Rae2 said:

The bigger issue is why are these not sold online? I appreciate that Linlithgow are a smaller club, but surely we could have assisted them with the ticket sale process if necessary, online sales removes all of these queue problems (at this scale anyway)

19 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

The bigger issue is why are these not sold online? I appreciate that Linlithgow are a smaller club, but surely we could have assisted them with the ticket sale process if necessary, online sales removes all of these queue problems (at this scale anyway)

It's only one game.

Online ticketing wouldn't have made it much easier, there was likely a handful of tickets left over at most.

I'll agree that the phone option for this was pretty shite. It took 6 phone calls over 30 minutes before I got an answer that wasn't the answering machine to let me get my tickets on Wednesday. I will say though, tickets were in hand via post Thursday morning so kudos to the office staff for the speedy distribution of the tickets.

36 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Linlithgow did sell a small amount online, I imagine the reason they have not done all tickets this way is to ensure the allocations are respected and they don’t end up with over half the ground as Rovers fans.

I imagine the issue of us selling our allocation online would be setting up the system to allow season ticket holders priority and limit to one per person so those with season tickets weren’t just snapping up 10 tickets for their mates.

FWIW there are still paper tickets on sale from Linlithgow direct and hospitality spaces for £35 a head if anyone is desperate to find a way of getting along to the game.

31 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

FWIW there are still paper tickets on sale from Linlithgow direct

The Linlithgow fans on the match thread are saying there won't be any segregation and if I remember correctly from the last cup game there you can walk around the entire stadium if you want. Got option for folk to think about if they are desperate to go.

Edited by Raithie

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The club could’ve put them online and you’d have folk saying, “what about folk that don’t have internet access?”.

Can’t win. 

They probably would have posted that on here as well which would’ve been hilarious