The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Slightly off topic from the recent Sim interview but I see Alegria has been re-called by Rangers, previously was at Falkirk on loan, with possibility of him being loaned out again before the window closes. Any good and worth a punt? Wiki has him down as scoring 9 goals in 16 games.

Falkirk fans didn’t think much of him, I don’t think. Exactly the sort of striker that will be getting offered to every Championship club in this window. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Take it back about Alegria actually, just had a look at the Falkirk thread and they’re pretty gutted. Maybe then? I dunno. 

Partick fans said he was dugmeat. I'd be liable to trust them as a better barometer given the dross Falkirk have had on their books for the last 5 years. 

12 minutes ago, Michael W said:

After a few months. 

That is not easier than it was previously. 

It shouldnt take that long anymore, Covid created a nightmare but, at worst, it should be a couple of weeks in this window.

Can't figure out why but warmed to JS more than I ever have. Confusing and contradictory at times and evasive as always. However seems to try to do the right thing. 

I fear the skill in that interview will be quickly undone when Mr A Journalist if whatever paper needs to fill a page and our board/owner blab. 

Given clubs in our league don't even stream home games we are utterly spoiled by our TV folk. 

4 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Can't figure out why but warmed to JS more than I ever have. Confusing and contradictory at times and evasive as always. However seems to try to do the right thing.

This was a slightly different Sim. He comes across as a bit of a kn*b sometimes but this interview he done well. Standard avoiding questions but I can see past that. 

interesting to hear he doesn’t have the money for the redevelopment of the railway stand - understandably though. A few years ago there was a meeting with fans, Chairman and John McG and someone asked the question about the railway stand, a figure of 1.4million was quoted then. Dread to think what it would be now. 

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its almost impossible to fail the appeals process so, if you want a foreign player  youll get them.

If they were in the EC before (which 99% of lower league signings were) then there was no "process" at all previously. And the hurdles you have to jump through as a sponsoring employer for foreigners are extremely onerous.

A very narrow area may be easier, in general you're talking nonsense.

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

f**k sake, is that still a thing? When is it? 

10 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Competition to be completed by season 23/24, so not next week.

More importantly, how in the feck did we get shafted into the extra match?

First Round
Kelty Hearts v Raith Rovers

Second Round
Dundonald Bluebell v Cowdenbeath
East Fife v Burntisland Shipyard
Kelty Hearts/Raith Rovers v Hill of Beath Hawthorn
St Andrews United v Dunfermline Athletic

Semi-Finals
tbc

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If they were in the EC before (which 99% of lower league signings were) then there was no "process" at all previously. And the hurdles you have to jump through as a sponsoring employer for foreigners are extremely onerous.

A very narrow area may be easier, in general you're talking nonsense.

My comment was more about the fact you can sign virtually any player tbh, the pool of players available abroad is now huge.

Scottish clubs need to be willing to exploit that and clubs who wont will fall behind

1 minute ago, Bairnoftheyear said:

On what planet is “should be a couple of weeks” an easier process than the previous no hoops to jump through? No surprise to see a St Johnstone fan defending brexit 

The only ones youve to wait weeks for would be ones you wouldnt have managed to get at all previously. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The only ones youve to wait weeks for would be ones you wouldnt have managed to get at all previously. 

There are none you "wouldn't have managed to get at all previously" as the country they were moving from and to were both within the EU, no work permits were required and it was no more difficult than signing someone from here.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We literally had to wait weeks and cut through all sorts of red tape to sign an EU National in Big John. As for non EU players being easier to sign 😂 Not sure it is exactly feasible for Raith Rovers to make its swoop into the untapped Japanese market yet.

Edited by Enigma