The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

How long is that since we lost in the challenge Cup? 3 years at least. Mon the townies when their games rearanged. 

The last time we lost in the challenge cup Kevin Cuthbert was in temporary charge!

The last time we lost at home - Cowdenbeath in 2010. Scott McBride and Willie Dyer made their competitive debuts 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

How long is that since we lost in the challenge Cup? 3 years at least. Mon the townies when their games rearanged. 

The 5-0 up at Ross County when Brian Graham scored 4.  Cuthbert was the caretaker and we had Kevin Nisbet playing right back the next week. 

5 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

8th of September 2018, a 5-0 defeat to Ross County in Dingwall.

A Brian Graham hat trick, mostly Ross Co Kids handed out a right royal thumping to Kev Cuthbert's ropey 11. An opening 45 mins that would prove Kev didn't have the makings of a manager.

A day I severely wish I could expunge from memory.

3 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

A Brian Graham hat trick, mostly Ross Co Kids handed out a right royal thumping to Kev Cuthbert's ropey 11. An opening 45 mins that would prove Kev didn't have the makings of a manager.

A day I severely wish I could expunge from memory.

I had been out the night before this and was feeling more than a little tender. Got on the supporters bus and needed to go for a shite before we even got to Perth. Will never forget that feeling of helplessness when I pressed the flush button and nothing happened. I was not a popular man on that bus that day. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I had been out the night before this and was feeling more than a little tender. Got on the supporters bus and needed to go for a shite before we even got to Perth. Will never forget that feeling of helplessness when I pressed the flush button and nothing happened. I was not a popular man on that bus that day. 

Have to break it down with an Adidas Samba?

5 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Have to break it down with an Adidas Samba?

It just sloshed around the pan until we got to Dingwall. When we got back on after the game it was gone, cludgie water and all. That was the same day I stepped off the bus in Dingwall and was literally immediately almost run over by a car when attempting to cross the road to The Mallard. I said something like “oh ya c**t”. Car slammed the brakes on and out steps this 7ft highland man mountain, accusing me of calling him a c**t. Very luckily he chose not to pick me up and throw me away and allowed me safe passage into the pub. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I took 2 buses and a train to get to that match, then left after 35 minutes.  Grim times.

All part of life's tapestry of memories from dedication to the Rovers. The stuff of legends!

Has to be applauded 👏👏👏

It wasn’t pretty, but it makes it worth the midweek travel to watch the big man score. I thought he looked useful, regardless of whether it was a QP reserve team. Mitchell with a bit of time looks a great prospect, very confident player. Can’t say too much wrong about Mcbride, Masson just got himself 90 mins of valuable experience as a debut and really looked a handy little player with a few crosses in the first half. 

34 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

That guy who hates the Challenge Cup is a right mug. I might take the opposite approach and only watch our Challenge Cup games. Absolutely brilliant scenes at full time, you could see just how much that goal meant to the big man. 

The cup final was a great day out last season, we don’t often get to them so even better when we win

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Looking forward to the highlights to see that last shot he took…if it’s as good as they said, it gets me a wee bit hopeful.

Absolutely fucking audacious, scared the shite out of the keeper, the look on his face was 'surely fucking not'

So Through to the SPFL Trust CC Semi, an away tie at either Dunfermline or Dundee should see a decent gate and possible Alba coverage too, even if we get knocked out the entire gig should be worth anything from £15-25k ??, Now if we could progress past Lithgy Rose we'd be guaranteed another £47,500 and possibly more. Just like last season the result of our next cup game could define how much if anything IM will get to spend before the end of the month. 

Kyle Lafferty was available at this time last season for £4k a week, there were a possible 16 weeks left of the season at the time that roughly the same amount of Transfer money went to Clyde.

4 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

So Through to the SPFL Trust CC Semi, an away tie at either Dunfermline or Dundee should see a decent gate and possible Alba coverage too, even if we get knocked out the entire gig should be worth anything from £15-25k ??, Now if we could progress past Lithgy Rose we'd be guaranteed another £47,500 and possibly more. Just like last season the result of our next cup game could define how much if anything IM will get to spend before the end of the month. 

Kyle Lafferty was available at this time last season for £4k a week, there were a possible 16 weeks left of the season at the time that roughly the same amount of Transfer money went to Clyde.

Its tragic that the striker options open to us last season were "unapologetic rapist" or "massive bigot"

Edited by CountryBumpkin