The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Been a while since I’ve had such a love for a Rovers player, absolutely fucking over the moon for him. A lovely guy to boot. Deserved his chance and has taken it. Delighted. 

Looking forward to the highlights to see that last shot he took…if it’s as good as they said, it gets me a wee bit hopeful.

Qp are lucky to have reserves. 3 on the bench, untested youth players and a first start for the helicopter. Fantastic result regardless of who we were playing tonight. Well done to Ian Murray and the players for continuing our fine run in this tournament. 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Qp are lucky to have reserves. 3 on the bench, untested youth players and a first start for the helicopter. Fantastic result regardless of who we were playing tonight. Well done to Ian Murray and the players for continuing our fine run in this tournament. 

Where are the bellends that complained that Murray was getting his photo taken with the trophy before the last round and argued it should have been one of the squad who won it last season? 🤣

Well done to a very threadbare side tonight, but more important we get 3 points on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Where are the bellends that complained that Murray was getting his photo taken with the trophy before the last round and argued it should have been one of the squad who won it last season? 🤣

Well done to a very threadbare side tonight, but more important we get 3 points on Saturday.

He's still not won the trophy yet though has he? 😉

Devastated I’ve missed the big man’s first goal. 

So happy for the boy, he’s had a tough time but is a cult hero amongst the fans considering the lack of time he’s had on the park. 

Hearing he nearly scored again from about 40 yards 😂

Go on Big John 🇫🇴

Edited by RaithRyan

1 minute ago, RaithRyan said:

Devastated I’ve missed the big man’s first goal. 

So happy for the boy, he’s had a tough time but is cult hero amongst the fans considering the lack of time he’s had on the park. 

Hearing he nearly scored again from about 40 yards 😂

Go on Big John 🇫🇴

I can't see a scenario where he ever becomes a regular starter for us, but maybe if he gets some confidence from this he can at least become someone who we can rely on to give us a decent 20-30 minutes from the bench. 

Hopefully Gullan and Mitchell are okay and available for Saturday, which is the big one really. 

3 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

I know the jury is still out on Ian Murray and some of his acquisitions have been questionable. It can't be questioned how hard the team work for him every week.

Agree with this. The ‘no team will outwork us’ quote has been brought up to criticise him on more than one occasion and I really don’t understand why.

Yes, we’re not some sort of relentless pressing side for 90 minutes but there’s not been a game where I’ve come away this season thinking we’ve been out worked by the opposition. Some poor performances and generally a lack of ruthlessness in both boxes has been our undoing but can’t fault the work-rate in any game I’ve seen.

Any way, cracking result given the circumstances regardless of the side Queens Park had out. Can’t help but feel a Cove win is nailed on Saturday now given what that will have taken out of our threadbare squad but that’s 6 unbeaten and the last few performances have definitely been an improvement.

3 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Agree with this. The ‘no team will outwork us’ quote has been brought up to criticise him on more than one occasion and I really don’t understand why.

Yes, we’re not some sort of relentless pressing side for 90 minutes but there’s not been a game where I’ve come away this season thinking we’ve been out worked by the opposition. Some poor performances and generally a lack of ruthlessness in both boxes has been our undoing but can’t fault the work-rate in any game I’ve seen.

Any way, cracking result given the circumstances regardless of the side Queens Park had out. Can’t help but feel a Cove win is nailed on Saturday now given what that will have taken out of our threadbare squad but that’s 6 unbeaten and the last few performances have definitely been an improvement.

This.  That and the "league 1 pish signings" line has been used a few times to criticise Murray,  and both have been well off the mark.