The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Hey look, it's our subs bench for tonight Screenshot_20230111-143409.thumb.png.87451ca4e4dabcaeac06be487da67798.png

Not sure about that, “Bob Marley” would have been Bene…but Brown’s my favorite to be the “Red headed slut”…who’s the “Duck Fart”?

19 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'm glad to see that Raith TV have sat down with Sim and have hopefully asked some pressing questions. Hopefully clears up some issues. To be fair I dis ask for this last night. 

I do view this with some trepidation, given his previous interviews…

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not sure about that, “Bob Marley” would have been Bene…but Brown’s my favorite to be the “Red headed slut”…who’s the “Duck Fart”?

I do view this with some trepidation, given his previous interviews…

My views too with regard feeling they are better saying nothing. Will be watching through my fingers. Just give us some sense that we will be OK in the long run and free from external bams. 

Revisited the previous radio interview with Sim and was struck by how J Sim moves between elusive and overly open. 

Having said that fair play to Stevie McDonald for raising the bar. Its a strange world where you view our owner as less of a loose Canon in the press than our Chairman. 

Oh and Delios etc...snake oil merchants. 

44 minutes ago, TxRover said:

OK, so that’s two on the bench? Plus maybe a sore MacDonald?

Could you please recall Arron Arnott. Not offered much and is benched even when we are short on numbers. So much for you lot saying he was too good for us.

1 minute ago, Cold Feet said:

Could you please recall Arron Arnott. Not offered much and is benched even when we are short on numbers. So much for you lot saying he was too good for us.

I expect we will, but he’s useless today as he’s cup-tied. Surprised he didn’t work out, perhaps not physical enough?

19 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

Not every player will do well at any given club. Circumstances could’ve been not quite right. Confident Arnott will be a good player for us based on what I’ve seen. 

25 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

Probably doesn’t look great on those highland league tattie fields. Imagine he spends most of the minutes he has played watching the ball fly over his head.

26 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Genuinely surprised that Arnott has failed to impress at Brechin. He has looked comfortable in a decent championship side.

Hope Brechin haven't broken him!

Agreed with matthews out indefinitely , Stanton not 100%I would recall Aaron and provide some cover for our midfield. Him and Mitch are our players at the moment so better developing our own than a hibs youngster for example 

Edited by Been going too long

Does Mitchell being recalled mean we might have 3 subs tonight? It's the right move to make bringing him back. If we can get bodies in by the end of the window then there will always be the option to send him back. I do think he's worth trying out though. He's raw but playing at a higher level will potentially help him develop more. 

11 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Agreed with matthews out indefinitely , Stanton not 100%I would recall Aaron and provide some cover for our midfield. Him and Mitch are our players at the moment so better developing our own than a hibs youngster for example 

Agree 100% it's time. Not for today, but...

Get Young, Mitchell, Arnott and Masson integrated and playing so we can seen where we are.

Rest MacDonald however long is necessary to get him properly healed, with the added bonus of a good look at McNeil

Sit Stanton till we're sure he's good, and don't risk Ngwenya, Spencer and Ross either.

Watch Gullan and Nolan like hawks as they have both show tendencies to leg issues, jump quickly to keep them healthy.

This season is now about survival in the mid-table and deciding who we sign for next year.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Does Mitchell being recalled mean we might have 3 subs tonight? It's the right move to make bringing him back. If we can get bodies in by the end of the window then there will always be the option to send him back. I do think he's worth trying out though. He's raw but playing at a higher level will potentially help him develop more. 

Seems to be, but read the last line and I think IM wants him back for the rest of the season.

As I see it, playing tonight we have:

McNeal (MacDonald emergency use only, Thomson still out)

Dick, Lang, Masson, Nolan (Young cup-tied, Lillen and Ngwenya out)

Brown, Easton (Matthews, Ross, Spencer and Stanton out)

Connloy, Frederiksen, Gullan, Mahady, McBride, Mitchell, Vaughan (Connell is out of contract and we havent announced re-signing him, but note Mahady hasn't been on the teamsheet for a couple of months, even with few subs)

That's 14, add JMac on the bench and possibly Connell?, thats a max of 5 subs...if Mahady isn't there, thats 2 outfield subs without Connell...and that midfield that was the strength of the team...

I would predict Arnott HAS to be recalled.

What a day, Vaughan testimonial, loan recalls, Silverbear sent to a mate who owns a far away farm so we can't even visit, a match tonight and Sim incoming.

The later gives me the most trepidation, happy if we just avoid front page headlines. Oh and can the Chairman reign it in too. Though to be fair the statement last week was quality. Whoever done the response should be handed the club pen. Can we please be even a tiny bit more media savvy?

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Agree 100% it's time. Not for today, but...

Get Young, Mitchell, Arnott and Masson integrated and playing so we can seen where we are.

Rest MacDonald however long is necessary to get him properly healed, with the added bonus of a good look at McNeil

Sit Stanton till we're sure he's good, and don't risk Ngwenya, Spencer and Ross either.

Watch Gullan and Nolan like hawks as they have both show tendencies to leg issues, jump quickly to keep them healthy.

This season is now about survival in the mid-table and deciding who we sign for next year.

Seems to be, but read the last line and I think IM wants him back for the rest of the season.

As I see it, playing tonight we have:

McNeal (MacDonald emergency use only, Thomson still out)

Dick, Lang, Masson, Nolan (Young cup-tied, Lillen and Ngwenya out)

Brown, Easton (Matthews, Ross, Spencer and Stanton out)

Connloy, Frederiksen, Gullan, Mahady, McBride, Mitchell, Vaughan (Connell is out of contract and we havent announced re-signing him, but note Mahady hasn't been on the teamsheet for a couple of months, even with few subs)

That's 14, add JMac on the bench and possibly Connell?, thats a max of 5 subs...if Mahady isn't there, thats 2 outfield subs without Connell...and that midfield that was the strength of the team...

I would predict Arnott HAS to be recalled.

I don't think Murray has the luxury of resting players until they are 100% at the moment, even if he'd like to.

It will be interesting to see the team tonight but on your other post, I can't see Vaughan playing lm in a formation that would mean he has to run up and down for 90 minutes. I wouldn't be massively surprised or bothered if he's not included tonight. He's played alot of games (the same as everyone) lately and he does need looked after where possible. 

I know the two things iv said don't add up but with Vaughan it does. 

Edited by grumswall

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I don't think Murray has the luxury of resting players until they are 100% at the moment, even if he'd like to.

It will be interesting to see the team tonight but on your other post, I can't see Vaughan playing lm in a formation that would mean he has to run up and down for 90 minutes. I wouldn't be massively surprised or bothered if he's not included tonight. He's played alot of games (the same as everyone) lately and he does need looked after where possible. 

I know the two things iv said don't add up but with Vaughan it does. 

I would be 100% on board woth Vaughan mssing tonight, but I don't think LV would stand for it. The option would be Mahady for Vaughan...or Gullan for Vaughan and McBride forward? We're sooooooo freaking thin in the middle...4-2-4?

Masson/Lang/Nolan/Dick

Brown/Easton

Connolly/Frederiksen/Gullan/Mitchell

18 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I would be 100% on board woth Vaughan mssing tonight, but I don't think LV would stand for it. The option would be Mahady for Vaughan...or Gullan for Vaughan and McBride forward? We're sooooooo freaking thin in the middle...4-2-4?

Masson/Lang/Nolan/Dick

Brown/Easton

Connolly/Frederiksen/Gullan/Mitchell

I think mahady is still injured as well. Wouldn't surprise me if gullan doesn't make it after being kept on for far too long on Friday as well.