The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Am I missing something? Why on earth would the club sanction 4 signings from this mob before the deal has gone through when we clearly don’t have a pot to piss in? Surely if they wanted to complete these signings they need to complete the deal for the club first? I’m no Sim and MacDonald fan but not really sure what they done wrong here, other than get involved with these complete charlatans in the first place obviously.

As I see it, as well. Insane that they seem to think we should entertain signing more players when we can hardly afford the ones we’ve already got. 

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Is there still such a criteria as fit and proper people owning or running a football club, if so they've failed on all counts

If there was, 90% of clubs in Scotland would be fucked. I doubt the sanity of all owners, I mean, who wants to invest money in a league set up so biased that the chances of any kind of improvement in the way the game is run is immediately shut down by chairmen whose only business plan is to have 4 OF crowds a season.

Seems to confirm what I was told about Murray and others being badgered to sign Dellios’ son. Make no mistake this Swiss “international” will have once won an u17 cap and this loan “star” will be in the Abraham mould. This Silverbear lot need chased.

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I can just imagine the field day the pundits will have on Friday night, Raith Rovers the laughing stock of Scottish Football once again

Silver lining that it's likely Leanne Crighton and Michael Stewart and no one listens to their opinions anyway because they're usually pish 

7 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I can just imagine the field day the pundits will have on Friday night, Raith Rovers the laughing stock of Scottish Football once again

Could be worse, Sim could still sell to them.

So where do we go from here. Sim wants out or big cuts, potential investor appears to be a fraud, the other investors we know zero about, Raith trust or a reclaim the Rovers could never buy out Sim if he wants 3 mil we struggled last time to raise 100k. It appears we are fecked.

God you couldn't write this crap could you. This potential investment/buy out of the club is just a farce, as all you guys have said reading that courier article is tell them to do one.

Only the other day our chairman said that the Peter Chun deal would be "huge" for the club and us supporters, is he having a laugh? 

Ultimately Sim is an old guy who will not around forever so there has to be a succession plan. Its quite aparrant that the fife riviera is short of billionaires looking for a new toy  so he is looking at  exploring other options. Hopefully that doesn't mean he will sell to the first circus that rolls into town in a falling apart clown car.  

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

So where do we go from here. Sim wants out or big cuts, potential investor appears to be a fraud, the other investors we know zero about, Raith trust or a reclaim the Rovers could never buy out Sim if he wants 3 mil we struggled last time to raise 100k. It appears we are fecked.

The most obvious answer is perform the required cuts, live within our means and go from there, like we should have been doing every season after we first made a loss. We're a wee club that are crippling ourselves by trying to be a big club, that has to stop, surely?

No way we can raise the funds or find a way to plug the gaps otherwise 

I wonder if these verbal agreements for new signings are just the club taking their time with the contracts or it’s a paperwork issue (visas etc) or whether the club have went nah f this for a laugh, these guys are chancers. 

The whole thing screams of Anelka signing random punters who have barely kicked a ball. 

Anyway, banter years here we come (again)!

Why on Earth are potential investors or new owners thinking it’s normal to demand that the club they want a stake in sign one or two jobbers that they also clearly have a vested interest in? 

I know Scottish clubs are short on competent ownership but for f**k sake make your owner chase these c***s. It’s only going to make the other chancers out there think they can take advantage of desperate Scottish clubs. 

We have an owner who makes contradictory statements and interviews.We have a chairman who makes contradictory statements and would rather speak to the press instead of addressing the supporters

Sim wants out and we have what appears to be a shady mob wanting  to take over

Either or we could well be fooked

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64165356

Some response from the club within the above, including a particularly withering putdown: 

Silverbear indicate a number of players had been lined up to join the Scottish Championship club in January, including one from an English Premier League side.

However, Raith said: "We do not want to specifically comment on the details given by the group around the offering of players apart from saying that, subject to funding being available, the manager makes decisions on who to sign and he decided that the players were at best squad players and would not add any value to the current squad.

"These same players have been showcased at other clubs in Scotland and have not been offered contracts."

11 minutes ago, Michael W said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64165356

Some response from the club within the above, including a particularly withering putdown: 

Obviously on one hand it’s encouraging that the club are suggesting they have closed the door on these wasters and the above confirms what everyone on here already thought about the dubious nature of their bid.

However, it’s quite concerning that just a couple of days ago, two months into due diligence checks by the group and regular contact with the club, our chairman was speaking very positively about them telling us their bid would be ‘huge’ for the club…

It’s hard to get too excited if they have genuinely been chased because I have very little faith whoever we end up with isn’t going to be cut from the same cloth.

12 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Obviously on one hand it’s encouraging that the club are suggesting they have closed the door on these wasters and the above confirms what everyone on here already thought about the dubious nature of their bid.

However, it’s quite concerning that just a couple of days ago, two months into due diligence checks by the group and regular contact with the club, our chairman was speaking very positively about them telling us their bid would be ‘huge’ for the club…

It’s hard to get too excited if they have genuinely been chased because I have very little faith whoever we end up with isn’t going to be cut from the same cloth.

Agreed. I am hoping that the airing of the dirty laundry, coupled with a pretty strident rebuke, means that this one will not proceed. It does not seem conducive to a business agreement being forthcoming. 

And yeah, the sigh of relief if this lot are sent packing is going to be short-lived. Allegedly there's other interest but who knows what that looks like. The one I am particularly dubious of is the supposed interest from Scotland. Rumours and indeed also facts are usually very quick to leak where Scottish football is concerned, and it seems a bit odd that nothing more has been banded about on the matter. 

Unfortunately, we are very attractive to shysters and spivs given the position that we are in.

Edited by Michael W

Found this part of the bbc report summing up these fecking wasters for what they are, has this Peter Chunn or whatever his name is done any due diligence on these chunts before he finances them

"The same players have been showcased at other Scottish clubs and have not been offered contracts"

Unfeckingbelievable