The New Raith Rovers Thread

33 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Something is better than nothing at the end of the day. 

Not sure that’s always true. Sim’s infamous interview as an example. 

A clear statement of this is where we’re at and next steps is helpful. A confused and at times unclear ramble isn’t. If he’d just said ‘Things are progressing and we expect to be in a position to update something more concrete by end of week’ that would have been better than a meandering interview that manages to raise the idea of players being sold and bankruptcy even if it is in an attempt to reassure I’m guessing.  

Edited by roverthemoon

3 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Not sure that’s always true. Sim’s infamous interview as an example. 

A clear statement of this is where we’re at and next steps is helpful. A confused and at times unclear ramble isn’t. If he’d just said ‘Things are progressing and we expect to be in a position to update something more concrete by end of week’ that would have been better than a meandering interview that manages to raise the idea of players being sold and bankruptcy even if it is in an attempt to reassure I’m guessing.  

Exactly this, just release a press statement that's been constructed with the support of someone who is good at that stuff. Not that it appears our board know anyone with those skills. Any Journalist who gets our Chairman to pick up the phone is making gravy. 

This is a board who give fans nothing by way of communication. Plenty of emails when it's new strip, season ticket, half season ticket, spaces in hospitality but zilch by way of key club detail. 

45 minutes ago, Dalziel8 said:

I certainly won’t defend the part he played in the DGW signing but I think you’re being a tad harsh on him. I don’t think there was anyone else willing to take on the role and whoever did, they were never going to be given a proper crack at running the club. Sim’s name might not be above the door anymore but it’s him that makes every decision. I think Macdonald has a thankless task at the moment.

No bother Steve. 

4 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

If Sim manages to get £3 million for just the football club hes some businessman,

Losing an average £150k for 17 years runs up a debt of 2.45m, if £500k of that’s been paid off it leaves almost £2m. If Sim has funded that then the return of that along with about £1m for the club could be about right.

4 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

It could be a clever tactic to say there’s other interested bidders (even if there aren’t) to get Silverbear to either pay more or simply just get the deal over the line. But then there’s so much other rambling nonsense in there and also well thought through tactics like that aren’t usually the Rovers strongpoint. So, who knows?

Of course it is, just like publicly asking for £3m but being willing to accept less.

4 hours ago, basher brash said:

No surprises there that the budget was cut that’s plain to see with the calibre of signings Murray made but a vast majority are quick to point the finger at the manager still ,  The current board have landed us in this mess they are the ones that deserve the blame , Regarding the so called takeover it’s clear Peter chun has more to offer going by the chairman’s quotes however if there’s truth in American interest I would love to see what they have to offer considering Both Dundee clubs have been looked after and you look at Wrexham documentary these guys are seriously showing interest in there football club

McGlynn and Murray both made poor choices but at the end of the day it was  the board and especially the chairman rubber stamped the deals, they were the ones who negotiate and agreed transfer and signing  fees, contract lengths and salaries.

4 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

I think you're giving Steven "Aw shucks guys, geez, I dunno" MacDonald far too much credit. 

Are you suggesting there’s actually only one man really pulling the strings?
Unthinkable surely! Say it ain’t so.

Wouldn't surprise me if there was interest from the 'septics', Brad Galinson has just bought majority holding in Gillingham, been looking up and down the country al year to find the right fit. Reckon these billionaires probably have a whatsapp group recommending clubs to buy to each other

40 minutes ago, lgb61 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if there was interest from the 'septics', Brad Galinson has just bought majority holding in Gillingham, been looking up and down the country al year to find the right fit. Reckon these billionaires probably have a whatsapp group recommending clubs to buy to each other

Who or what is the”septics “

1 hour ago, lgb61 said:

Gillingham aren't exactly pulling up trees at the present moment.

1 hour ago, lgb61 said:

Which causes me to wonder again, is there any restriction on owning a football team in England, Scotland, Wales and NI at the same time? I understand the 30% rule in England, but does it apply if the other team is in Scotland?

The multi-club model is well established, but there seems to be some interest in the bargain bin multi-club idea, with the idea being using the three Scottish, Welsh and NI teams as feeders for the English team, the plan being to buy a bottom feeding League One or Two team to build up and promote to the money, before selling out. As a bonus, the feeder clubs produce sellable product too.

11 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Christ I thought that was their nickname 😂😂😂, dont think Tx will be too happy being called a septic tank

Let’s talk about The word “Yanks”. Ya’ll come here and call someone a Yank, expect trouble.

9 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Gillingham aren't exactly pulling up trees at the present moment.

No, and neither are we, he has done a good interview on Gills YT channel talking about the people, businesses and opportunities in the catchment area. To be fair, they are the only Senior league team in Kent so he has a lot of potential, we would be battling the Pars for sponsorship etc. But just like the stock market, buy low, sell high, have a 5 year plan to bring in better players, get them up the leagues and sell at a profit.

Apologies for the septic thing, thought it was in common use outside of the military too 🙄

4 hours ago, lgb61 said:

No, and neither are we, he has done a good interview on Gills YT channel talking about the people, businesses and opportunities in the catchment area. To be fair, they are the only Senior league team in Kent so he has a lot of potential, we would be battling the Pars for sponsorship etc. But just like the stock market, buy low, sell high, have a 5 year plan to bring in better players, get them up the leagues and sell at a profit.

Apologies for the septic thing, thought it was in common use outside of the military too 🙄

Why apologize, it’s funny. That data on Gillingham is interesting.