The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Plus when Rangers died, League Two (SFL Division Three as it was then called) was the lowest tier, nowadays there is a legitimate route back so EoSFL (or WoSFL over that side) might be the way any club who dies has to go. Hopefully you don't get to that stage though. Maybe a money-spinning against the Big Team might help? 

Do Kelty travel in numbers?

17 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Always thought all these interwoven companys would come back to bite our arse one day, seems like the time has arrived 

I think its mostly just being a financial basket case that's come back to get us, not the byzantine corporate structure.

10 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Is it wrong to be mildly excited by that...

EoSFL? Bit of a saturated market for Fife teams.

Or do you fancy killing another club with league status? 

I’d rather stay in the SPFL, preferably Championship or higher. Ideally we’d have some people in charge who love the club and have the time, principles, and talent to make us a well run and sustainable club. I won’t hold my breath.

Edited by Scary Bear

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’d rather stay in the SPFL, preferably Championship or higher. Ideally we’d have some people in charge who love the club and have the time, principles, and talent to make us a well run and sustainable club. I won’t hold my breath.

Willie Gray has done that, sent Ballingry Rovers down the shitter.

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Any buyer won't be paying for the debt though, they'll be taking it on. So it could be that the £3 million price mentioned includes taking on £2 million of debt and then another £1 million for whatever assets (tangible or otherwise) the club may have.

This is the unknown. Quite a lot of it is due to Sim - is the sale price essentially him getting his money back and then that part of it will be cleared? Nobody knows. I am struggling to think why someone would buy the club knowing they still owe John Sim the best part of £1m. 

Of course, the money due to other directors/previous directors will remain regardless. 

Edited by Michael W

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Any buyer won't be paying for the debt though, they'll be taking it on. So it could be that the £3 million price mentioned includes taking on £2 million of debt and then another £1 million for whatever assets (tangible or otherwise) the club may have.

I suspect the the player contracts, are probably valued in excess of £1M of debt too. While the contracts are technically debts owned to creditors, they aren’t owed by SPP but the Club, and I didn’t see any accounting for those in the two filings, so it might be a third entity or a different accounting method that covers them. The assets of the Club are accounted for and balanced against assets at an unachievable price.

52 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Ideally we’d have some people in charge who love the club and have the time, principles, and talent to make us a well run and sustainable club. I won’t hold my breath.

The problem with this part of the statement is:

-People with time tend to come in two forms; retirees of some manner, who have their own ideas about how stuff should be done and don’t tend to listen to people in the business and grifters.

-People with principles, true, honest and proper principles, are nearly as rare as hens teeth and tend to be fiercely loyal. That  means our best hope here is probably already affiliated.

-People with (true) talent could be even rarer than those with principles.

What we would ideally seek is a local resident/ex-resident who seeks to buy the Club to establish it as a stable and revenue neutral Community Club that can play in the second and third tier of Scottish football…sounds a lot like John Sim…who is willing to put football people in charge and still maintain a gimlet eye on spending, expenses and revenues, either personally or via a hatchet person installed in the Organization. That’s at tall order…Plan B is a white knight looking for a club to develop talent in the area, but that’s the Pars model and is still untested.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Id settle for a new stadium lol. Don't know what is more realistic 😄

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

Id settle for a new stadium lol. Don't know what is more realistic 😄

We could put the Shippy to the sword and develop Recreation Park, eh?

We just have to hope the next punt works out better. We also need another wide option if Ross is going to be perma-crocked.

We can't try and ride out the season on the back of a classy midfield and decent centre backs.

Edited by renton

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

To be totally honest, we could do with Ethan Ross off the wage bill. He will be on a good wage alongside his long contract and we are getting very little return from him. If he’s injured for the season that’s a total fucker. 

I agree, and at the risk of being harsh, I'd add Gullan to that.

Big John must be poor in training if he can't even get on last night for a game played in a howling gale where both keepers looked vulnerable. 

In fairness he looked absolutly lost away at Arbroath amd we haven't really seen him since. 

We'll probably be paying him for the rest of the season as well.