The New Raith Rovers Thread

Getting back to reality who in there right mind is going to spend 3 mil on purchasing a club, with a shit stadium, a small support and no other assets. Further who will then have funds to spend an extra 500k doing up SP or 5 mil purchasing land and building a 5-6k capacity stadium with training and gym facilities. 

John Sim is unlikely to get any where 3 mil. So where do we go of he can't sell his stake.

13 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Getting back to reality who in there right mind is going to spend 3 mil on purchasing a club, with a shit stadium, a small support and no other assets. Further who will then have funds to spend an extra 500k doing up SP or 5 mil purchasing land and building a 5-6k capacity stadium with training and gym facilities. 

John Sim is unlikely to get any where 3 mil. So where do we go of he can't sell his stake.

We appear to be at the mercy of fate. In my 30+ years supporting the rovers, I'm not sure we've ever been financially stable. You'd think sim would have been able to make that so, but here we are. 

The 3 million valuation will surely come from the potential of the land rather than what's sat on or in it on a Saturday. That seems a stretch though. 

2 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Imagine your pre match local being Bogart's or the Feuars Arms. Awful choices at best. 

Though I think at that site, clearance on either side, closest to road or railway line wouldn't be enough for the structures needed. Not a whole lot of transport either as there is now 1 bus I think they passes there per hour. 

I don't think the site is remotely suitable either, but in terms of booze boutiques, the Path and the Strathearn are within easy walking distance.

24 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Administration or as Tx would say foreclosure, with a possibility of buying  the club back or at least the name and play at Warout ........ if the SFA are lenient.

But it'll no come to that Mr Sim will see us through this 

Fairies do exist 😂😂

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

In 40 plus years supporting the Rovers we appear to stumble from one crisis to another with small periods of success thrown in to give us hope. My understanding with Sim was he wanted to try and make us self sufficient or at least get money coming into the club to help with finances but this appears to have not happened or its gone back into SP properties. It would be interesting to know how much money is generated through the pitch rental. At £110 an hour it must bring in some cash.

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Administration or as Tx would say foreclosure, with a possibility of buying  the club back or at least the name and play at Warout ........ if the SFA are lenient.

But it'll no come to that Mr Sim will see us through this 

Fairies do exist 😂😂

Have you seen inside Warout its hardly fit for business. It has one stand and overgrown bushes around the rest of it.

6 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

In 40 plus years supporting the Rovers we appear to stumble from one crisis to another with small periods of success thrown in to give us hope. My understanding with Sim was he wanted to try and make us self sufficient or at least get money coming into the club to help with finances but this appears to have not happened or its gone back into SP properties. It would be interesting to know how much money is generated through the pitch rental. At £110 an hour it must bring in some cash.

I assume the 110 is per 7 aside pitch? Otherwise we're underselling it. There was a big spell where even our players couldn't train on the pitch though, so I doubt it's actually paid for itself yet. 

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Have you seen inside Warout its hardly fit for business. It has one stand and overgrown bushes around the rest of it.

Warrout isn't in any way shape or form a viable option. We'd be as well getting back to talking about the field at nairns. 

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Offs, its 20 years since I was last there, you'd think the council would have some pride in the place and at least keep it tidy

The Council are only responsible to keep it wind and watertight, the football club are responsible for the rest of the upkeep.

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The Council are only responsible to keep it wind and watertight, the football club are responsible for the rest of the upkeep.

That'll be that then, they'll be worse off financially then we are,.......?. Can we no jist set Starks on fire and claim on the insurance 😂😂😂

16 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Offs, its 20 years since I was last there, you'd think the council would have some pride in the place and at least keep it tidy

I'm not even sure if the council has much to do with Warout. I know they don't cut the grass on the outside pitches and I think it's a trust that runs the stand. Like I said it's a dump that would require thousands spent on it before we even talked about the pitch, floodlights and lack of seats.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

I'm not even sure if the council has much to do with Warout. I know they don't cut the grass on the outside pitches and I think it's a trust that runs the stand. Like I said it's a dump that would require thousands spent on it before we even talked about the pitch, floodlights and lack of seats.

The seats are benches, similar to Cowdenbeath, you're right, no floodlights, which will be expensive to install.

The last time I was there I recall the social club was massive, the only other one similar I've been in was at Elgin.

16 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I assume the 110 is per 7 aside pitch? Otherwise we're underselling it. There was a big spell where even our players couldn't train on the pitch though, so I doubt it's actually paid for itself yet. 

Warrout isn't in any way shape or form a viable option. We'd be as well getting back to talking about the field at nairns. 

You can see rates for pitch hire online. £120 full adult pitch hire, £90 junior full pitch hire. Half price for half pitch.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The seats are benches, similar to Cowdenbeath, you're right, no floodlights, which will be expensive to install.

The last time I was there I recall the social club was massive, the only other one similar I've been in was at Elgin.

I was in it last season not for football but for an event and saw the state of the place.

Our only option is to remain at SP or hope that someone wins big on the lottery.

Looking in from the outside, i take it Sim has been the type of owner who has just plugged the financial losses each year with his own cash and not been interested in doing a lot more to take the club forward (Apart from the pitch). Sounds a bit like our old owner Lachlan Cameron who was basically just writing the cheques at the end of each financial year to cover the losses without really wanting to do anything further with the club although it was well documented for years he was looking to sell.

Sounds like you're needing a rich fan who runs a successful local buisiness like we were fortunate enough to stumble across.

On your chairman expecting a queue of clubs looking to buy players from you, the only one i'd imagine that would drum interest would be Stanton, Vaughan would of too if it wasn't for his injury past which i'd imagine means now nobody would touch him with a bargepole. 

Hope it gets all sorted and you stay in the league as it's quite nice just now not having the crowd wanking clubs like Dunfermline and Falkirk in the league. 

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Looking in from the outside, i take it Sim has been the type of owner who has just plugged the financial losses each year with his own cash and not been interested in doing a lot more to take the club forward (Apart from the pitch). Sounds a bit like our old owner Lachlan Cameron who was basically just writing the cheques at the end of each financial year to cover the losses without really wanting to do anything further with the club although it was well documented for years he was looking to sell.

Sounds like you're needing a rich fan who runs a successful local buisiness like we were fortunate enough to stumble across.

On your chairman expecting a queue of clubs looking to buy players from you, the only one i'd imagine that would drum interest would be Stanton, Vaughan would of too if it wasn't for his injury past which i'd imagine means now nobody would touch him with a bargepole. 

Hope it gets all sorted and you stay in the league as it's quite nice just now not having the crowd wanking clubs like Dunfermline and Falkirk in the league. 

I'm not sure about Sim or his intentions whilst running the club. In terms of Vaughan, yes a very talented footballer but with his injuries I would struggle to see any team taking a chance or any insurance willing to cover him. Spencer has value  although limited due to his contract being up in the summer. 

27 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

On the topic of relocation, Thornton Greyhound Track is unregulated and I've heard that the government is gunning for such institutions, which could close it down.

Also, it's near a railway station.

Thornton is full of arseholes x