The New Raith Rovers Thread

I watched the opening 20 minutes today. Mcneil had an absolute mare for the first? (no idea what it finished) goal. I'd assume with gullan starting up top with Vaughan behind that will be the tactic for Saturday but honestly I'd bench Vaughan or play him wide left. Stanton has been one of, if not our best player this season in behind the striker. Vaughan hasn't quite looked as sharp and looks a bit slower, for obvious reasons.

30 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I watched the opening 20 minutes today. Mcneil had an absolute mare for the first? (no idea what it finished) goal. I'd assume with gullan starting up top with Vaughan behind that will be the tactic for Saturday but honestly I'd bench Vaughan or play him wide left. Stanton has been one of, if not our best player this season in behind the striker. Vaughan hasn't quite looked as sharp and looks a bit slower, for obvious reasons.

Unfortunately, I think we have this built in expectation that Vaughan is the player he was. He isn’t, at least not yet. We need to dial down the expectations on Lewis and reduce his use for now. Let’s let him play over a period of time and regain his edge and fitness fully, assuming he will. Meanwhile, we use our other assets better…Coulson isn’t getting time, but is favored by the manager, let’s see him get 15 minutes every other game…Little John needs a couple of regular runs out there…McBride needs some use…etc.

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Unfortunately, I think we have this built in expectation that Vaughan is the player he was. He isn’t, at least not yet. We need to dial down the expectations on Lewis and reduce his use for now. Let’s let him play over a period of time and regain his edge and fitness fully, assuming he will. Meanwhile, we use our other assets better…Coulson isn’t getting time, but is favored by the manager, let’s see him get 15 minutes every other game…Little John needs a couple of regular runs out there…McBride needs some use…etc.

Coulson has pace and not much else right now.

14 minutes ago, renton said:

Coulson has pace and not much else right now.

That’s more than Little John and McBride have shown…hell, it’s more than Ross recently too. We’re not scoring with our current starters, Connolly excluded, so let’s play some of the others.

1 hour ago, BonessBWAH_ said:

Musa’s been with Bo’ness for 6 months. Big shot stopper and quite comfortable with his feet. Prone to the odd howler but he certainly makes up for it.

How’d he get on btw?

Only came on for last 10 minutes. Never had much to do. 

Just looked over the Bonnyrigg v Dumbarton highlights and Mitchell looks rather tidy. Several shots on target (hum, we could use that), a nice turn of speed and some tasty crosses from playing favoring the right wing. Good to see him getting playing time, much like Young at Elgin.

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Is this Musa chappie a signaling of the changing of the guard  in the not to distant future surely no.

Wouldn't think so. I think it was just to give McNeil some backup as Thomson is out and MacDonald shouldn't be risked in these games.