The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'd expect 7th to be the absolute minimum we finish, given the standard of teams below us.  I don't personally think we will finish in top 4, but finishing below any of these teams currently below us would be a fucking disaster.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Really? Why do you say that...Matthews is out for 2 to 4 months, who is out midfield cover if Brown, Easton, Spencer or Stanton get injured? Ross certainly can't play those roles effectively, neither can Connolly (God knows we need him attacking), Coulson, Vaughan or anyone else.

We have no idea how long Matthews will be out. Stanton can play deeper if need be with Vaughan playing the 10 role, Easton can play centre mid with Gullan or Ross covering left wing.  Our need for a goal scorer is far greater than trying to cover for a midfielder that may be back in a few weeks.

56 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Stanton is playing as a 10, so he could drop deeper to cover Brown and Spencer if needed. If Stanton was out we have Vaughan, Easton and Ross who can all play that role. 

We also have the option of bringing back Arnott from his loan. 

33 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

We have no idea how long Matthews will be out. Stanton can play deeper if need be with Vaughan playing the 10 role, Easton can play centre mid with Gullan or Ross covering left wing.  Our need for a goal scorer is far greater than trying to cover for a midfielder that may be back in a few weeks.

Fair enough, but the potential of Arnott coming back from a Highland League gig where he didn’t impress isn’t massive help, but I still think he’d do OK. As for Matthews, he was reported as saying six weeks recovery, which, allowing for scheduling, means he would be out for at least 2 months. I agree we need a scorer, bit we have too many on the books to sign one without booting another out…the midfield is a couple of niggles from real concern.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

Really? Why do you say that...Matthews is out for 2 to 4 months, who is out midfield cover if Brown, Easton, Spencer or Stanton get injured? Ross certainly can't play those roles effectively, neither can Connolly (God knows we need him attacking), Coulson, Vaughan or anyone else.

Arnott 

4 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

Canny grumble at that draw at all. Winnable tie, somewhere good to go on the train and a decent crowd will be expected.

Bring it on...

Better hope the train strikes are done by then. I just realised there’s strike action on Friday 16th December.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s because the strikes are also planned for the start of January and if there is no resolution the strikes will likely continue.

But surely the SG will sort that out before then, eh? Oh, nevermind.