The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Aye, I was a bit confused earlier in the season when you had your shortage of defenders to see a load of post asking why Murray had "let Musonda leave." It's seems extremely likely that he left because Ayr are paying considerably more in wages than Raith are and offered him a deal Raith couldn't afford to match.

I thought it was more to do with the fact Ayr offered him a two year deal. I liked Musonda as a player, but given his injury record during his time with us, I can understand the club's reluctance.

How are the Rovers faithful feeling about today's game against Talbot. There's not been much talk about the cup game on this forum, is there not much interest in Kirkcaldy in facing a junior team from Ayrshire, or the fans expecting an easy afternoon with plenty goals for the home team. Will Raith fans turn out in usual numbers as I'm sure a large contingent of Auchinleck faithful are on their way to Fife.

3 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

How are the Rovers faithful feeling about today's game against Talbot. There's not been much talk about the cup game on this forum, is there not much interest in Kirkcaldy in facing a junior team from Ayrshire, or the fans expecting an easy afternoon with plenty goals for the home team. Will Raith fans turn out in usual numbers as I'm sure a large contingent of Auchinleck faithful are on their way to Fife.

Just bought my tickets online. Looking forward to seeing the game. We had been on fire at home, scoring 3 goals a game, good goals too, and had won four home games on the bounce. Then Queens Park rocked up and gubbed us. Who knows how this one will go.

17 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Little bit on the Domestic Cup forum…not much here. Expect decent turnout, not stunning. Hard to discuss a team you know so little about., but happy to see Tom Lang return, and hopefully play a few minutes.

32 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

No we're just generally miserable b*****ds.

If that's Talbot's away support, it's the smallest I've ever seen following Talbot for 30 years. I myself couldn't travel due to ill health, but was expecting around 500 away fans. Maybe the financial squeeze everybody's feeling, and close to Xmas has had an affect, shit Raith just scored

11 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

If that's Talbot's away support, it's the smallest I've ever seen following Talbot for 30 years. I myself couldn't travel due to ill health, but was expecting around 500 away fans. Maybe the financial squeeze everybody's feeling, and close to Xmas has had an affect, shit Raith just scored

It’s still a bit of a journey too. And you could be right though. Financial constraints could dictate people’s decisions. Trains on strike doesn’t help either. 

23 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

It’s still a bit of a journey too. And you could be right though. Financial constraints could dictate people’s decisions. Trains on strike doesn’t help either. 

No train strikes today.

Never any danger of a shock,  but we didn't learn anything new nor did we see anything particularly positive in front of goal - other than Connolly.

Job done though, without any real fuss.