The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

You have a tendency to exaggerate. I agree that Hendry would improve our midfield but not by a massive amount. I wouldn't say he would be a massive upgrade on Stanton.

I agree. He was a great player for us, but I think that the only period we've badly missed him was the second half of last season, when Tait had left us and Spencer was injured. 

The only worry I had yesterday was Dylan Easton hopping on top of Vaughan after the third. I can’t have been the only one screaming to get off [emoji23]

I’m sure most fans of other Championship teams are really pleased to see Vaughan back playing. The lad deserves a break. I just hope he’s rubbish against us.

Rovers on nice a wee run of form and looking stronger and stronger as the season goes on, however it's an increadibly  tight league and as Partick will tell you a few defeats and it's a whole different outlook.

Much of the above is down to the squad looking stronger too so I wonder what the manager will be hoping for in the next transfer window?

In midfield we are as strong as we could hope to be and probably have one of if not the strongest midfield in the division so I doubt we'll see any changes unless perhaps Coulson goes out on loan.

Defense is still a bit light imo, with only limited full back cover, but due to limited finances I'd doubt well see anyone new arriving unless O'Riordan is recalled by Crewe.

Up front Frederickson offers something different (to a degree) but has his limitations and most importantly isn't really a goalscrorer.  With the best will in the world I can't see him wanting to go with the hope that LV can stay injury free (and not just the obvious) until May.  That we have Gullan and Ross to come back may swing it for the staus quo but much will depend on what's on Ian Murrays mind with regard to Connell, will he try to deal him in or look for a fresh (more potent) option?  If it were possible I'd be looking to take Jack Hamilton on loan from Livvi in January, he'd not been getting much of a look in at Hartlepool and I still think his loan will be cut short.

Edited by Scottydog

2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

I mentioned Stanton for comparison, who is considered on here as a SPL standard. Hendry would also be considered SPL standard (HIbs Aberdeen were after him). I contend therefore that Hendry is not "massively" better than Stanton.

Agreed.

What doesn’t Stanton do well at? Breaks down opposition, positionally superb, carry’s the ball, strong drives forward, links well and has a finish.

RH is and was superb for us however name me a better midfielder in the league right now?

16 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Rovers on nice a wee run of form and looking stronger and stronger as the season goes on, however it's an increadibly  tight league and as Partick will tell you a few defeats and it's a whole different outlook.

Much of the above is down to the squad looking stronger too so I wonder what the manager will be hoping for in the next transfer window?

In midfield we are as strong as we could hope to be and probably have one of if not the strongest midfield in the division so I doubt we'll see any changes unless perhaps Coulson goes out on loan.

Defense is still a bit light imo, with only limited full back cover, but due to limited finances I'd doubt well see anyone new arriving unless O'Riordan is recalled by Crewe.

Up front Frederickson offers something different (to a degree) but has his limitations and most importantly isn't really a goalscrorer.  With the best will in the world I can't see him wanting to go with the hope that LV can stay injury free (and not just the obvious) until May.  That we have Gullan and Ross to come back may swing it for the staus quo but much will depend on what's on Ian Murrays mind with regard to Connell, will he try to deal him in or look for a fresh (more potent) option?  If it were possible I'd be looking to take Jack Hamilton on loan from Livvi in January, he's not getting much of a look in at Hartlepool and I think his loan will be cut short.

Jack Hamilton played and scored yesterday 

19 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Agreed.

What doesn’t Stanton do well at? Breaks down opposition, positionally superb, carry’s the ball, strong drives forward, links well and has a finish.

RH is and was superb for us however name me a better midfielder in the league right now?

Stanton, as of late, is certainly looking like the player JMcG thought he was getting last January. SPL standard, maybe close, but we’ll need to see a longer run to be sure.

3 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

I mentioned Stanton for comparison, who is considered on here as a SPL standard. Hendry would also be considered SPL standard (HIbs Aberdeen were after him). I contend therefore that Hendry is not "massively" better than Stanton.

I will concede, IF Stanton continues to play at his current level, he is not a massive downgrade from Hendry…however, I’d still take Hendry in a heartbeat.

15 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

Jack Hamilton played and scored yesterday 

I noticed that after I posted, but I still think he's not a big bit of their plans and I think the loan will be cut short.

5 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Yeah..you know the guy who’s already played over 100 games in the SPL.

28 years old, in prime and positively affecting our last 6/7 games.

Correct. Actually 115 games, and playing as well as ever, real quality.

Bored at work and fantasising that its Saturday... It got me thinking about Rovers song roster. It's fair to say that with the departure and muddying of JMcG, we lost what was a defining song over the last few years.

It would be good to get a song about Ian Murray. And get a song about Micky Cameron as well. Any suggestions? Hopefully the young team or anyone else can come up with something good!

Also, having not been able to get the Lyndon Dykes song out of my head for weeks after the big man done the double against Ukraine at Hampden ('ooow baby do you know what that's worth, Lyndon Dykes is the best on earth, he's from Australia, who gives a f**k, he's gonay win us the Wolrd Cup')', my brain is now constantly playing this is my head:

Ooow baby do you know what that's worth?

Lewis Vaughan is the best on earth

He slayed the Townies, in the cup

He's gonay take the Rovers up

f**k sake is it not Saturday yet?🍻

Bored at work and fantasising that its Saturday... It got me thinking about Rovers song roster. It's fair to say that with the departure and muddying of JMcG, we lost what was a defining song over the last few years.
It would be good to get a song about Ian Murray. And get a song about Micky Cameron as well. Any suggestions? Hopefully the young team or anyone else can come up with something good!

Also, having not been able to get the Lyndon Dykes song out of my head for weeks after the big man done the double against Ukraine at Hampden ('ooow baby do you know what that's worth, Lyndon Dykes is the best on earth, he's from Australia, who gives a f**k, he's gonay win us the Wolrd Cup')', my brain is now constantly playing this is my head:

f**k sake is it not Saturday yet?[emoji482]
The young team don't really seem to be a thing these days are they? The atmosphere at starks has died massively so far this season. I haven't been to any away games yet so can't really comment on that.

2 hours ago, grumswall said:
4 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

f**k sake is it not Saturday yet?emoji482.png

The young team don't really seem to be a thing these days are they? The atmosphere at starks has died massively so far this season. I haven't been to any away games yet so can't really comment on that.

I suspect the departure of JMcG coupled with the slow start to the season caused a good bit of this. Perhaps, with the excitement returning, we’ll see an uptick?

I suspect the departure of JMcG coupled with the slow start to the season caused a good bit of this. Perhaps, with the excitement returning, we’ll see an uptick?
I'd hope so. I do think they took offence to the criticism, rightly, levelled at them for some of the songs they where singing though. The atmosphere was undoubtedly better when they attended though.

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:
32 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I'd hope so. I do think they took offence to the criticism, rightly, levelled at them for some of the songs they where singing though. The atmosphere was undoubtedly better when they attended though.

It is the way of youth, push boundaries and then get offended when called on it. I suspect that IM will successful draw some of them back with his success and constant banging on the crowd support drum (see what I did there), and that will hopefully build. But, as you recall, the young team didn’t appear from nowhere with JMcG too.

5 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

f**k sake is it not Saturday yet?🍻

it’s not a bad thought, but, as Grumswall notes, the young team was always carrying the song banner, so something that appeals to them is always a decent choice. A bit of potential edginess is always useful for that demo. So, on that note, does anyone have any list or accumulation of various Raith and/or Fitba songs that could be used to fiddle with adjustments for reuse while not being inherently offensive?