The New Raith Rovers Thread

17 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I was going to suggest Drumchapel away as most likely, just for the travel to a wee ground against a wee side…but they came close. Auchinleck will bring a couple of dozen, eh?

I think they're well supported, I'd guess a few hundred for a big game for them -  as much as Accies or Livie would bring

Form could change between now and the tie of course, but this doesn’t seem to be a Talbot side who are anywhere near as good as some of their predecessors. 

They're sitting 12th in the 16 team West of Scotland League, and while they’ve a game or two in hand over some of the teams above them, they’ve only won two of their first six league games. 

Even with our dearth of forwards, we should be getting through. 

Looking forward to this post getting brought up when we’re huckled out though! 

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Form could change between now and the tie of course, but this doesn’t seem to be a Talbot side who are anywhere near as good as some of their predecessors. 

They're sitting 12th in the 16 team West of Scotland League, and while they’ve a game or two in hand over some of the teams above them, they’ve only won two of their first six league games. 

Even with our dearth of forwards, we should be getting through. 

Looking forward to this post getting brought up when we’re huckled out though! 

Yep I had lazily assumed they'd be top of their league and have a few ex SPFL players in their ranks. Then I looked at the league table and had a look at their squad list on their website. 

There are no guarantees of course, but this looks about as kind a draw as we could've gotten. 

17 hours ago, RRFC2711 said:

I say again no jumping on him when he scores a friendly handshake will suffice, leave the jumping around to the south stand….

Lol, was thinking this myself.

Watched his hat trick against the pars again recently following the news that he played in the bounce game and was thinking "get off him" at all these big lumps like Nat Wedderburn piling on him after the goals.

A wee handshake, fist bump etc would be braw. No piling on, knee slides etc necessary

20 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Is there any truth in the story that if your a concession season ticket holder you cant buy a ticket for a fiver, as is being advertised on our site

Says adult season ticket holders on the website and has that particular bit bolded. Would suggest it is only full paying adult season tickets that qualify.

17 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

FgEkg0PXgAAOdVG.jpeg

Don’t know who thought it was a good idea to stick Connolly in the back row.

At least they’ve fixed the earlier version they posted where everybody had their first name except for poor Liam Dick.