The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Q1 is finished. The home game to Cove on Saturday is the first game of Q2. The Arbroath game from Q1 was rescheduled, thus only the 8 games at the end of Week 9.

79905c4a91049cb88e4eeff0bde2885e.jpg

I'm basing that on 9 games a 1/4 , just means we play Arbroath twice in the 2nd 1/4 and dont face Cove again till the 3rd, the hypothetical scenario remains the same 

And looking at that table if Cove and Morten get a win tonight we're down to 8th, highly unlikely but could happen

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

2 hours ago, renton said:

I think this is going to be an extremely frustrating season, and I'd be lying if I wasn't worried. For most of the defeats we could say we were unlucky not to grab a point, but when you are consistently on the wrong side of those margins then something is up... etc

More or less my perception so far. I can't get the idea that "something is up 'though - what could be up other than not getting breaks, having a sub standard forward line and the fairly regular defensive brain freeze ? That explains our situation for me.

10 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

More or less my perception so far. I can't get the idea that "something is up 'though - what could be up other than not getting breaks, having a sub standard forward line and the fairly regular defensive brain freeze ? That explains our situation for me.

I’d have to agree with this. If you take Saturday’s game as a prime example of where our season has been. We lost by one goal… Conceding once  in an away game to a side higher up the table isn’t a huge issue, it’s the fact that we can’t score at the other end that’s the problem. We have plenty creativity in the side, we just can’t hold the ball up or finish when the ball is in the box.

Its frustrating, because a couple of games we haven't been far away - Dundee at home was one mistake - Partick away a couple of early mistakes. There's definitely room for improvement there, and hopefully if they get this big lad in up top, that may provide another option up front. We're getting players back from injury as well in the coming weeks. Also think it would be good for the manager to get in an assistant in ASAP - give him a bit of support, but maybe a different perspective as well. 

Think folk are getting a wee bit worked up. A few pieces of the jigsaw to fall into place still, but I'm not seeing the total doom and gloom yet that others are. 

16 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I’d have to agree with this. If you take Saturday’s game as a prime example of where our season has been. We lost by one goal… Conceding once  in an away game to a side higher up the table isn’t a huge issue, it’s the fact that we can’t score at the other end that’s the problem. We have plenty creativity in the side, we just can’t hold the ball up or finish when the ball is in the box.

On Saturday it wasn't even our finishing. We had Stanton hitting the inside of the post with a beauty and then two headers cleared off the line. The problem was more that we created not a lot else. We looked threatening the first 15 minutes and last 15 minutes but did pretty much nothing for the 60 minutes in between.

25 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Morton at home in the Challenge Cup. How are we going to be able to control the excitement for the next two months?

Moneyspinning...

We're due to play them in the league on the 24th of December too, how about we just merge both games into 1 winner takes all game. 3 points + progression up for grabs. If its a draw at 90 mins, points are shared and cup tie goes to ET or Pens. Saves everyone from needing two trips to watch this.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

With you on that.Quick glance at the league table and only Inverness have conceded more goals than us.Our GF is our issue

45 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

With you on that.Quick glance at the league table and only Inverness have conceded more goals than us.Our GF is our issue

I agree, we don't create a lot of good chances and we don't score the ones we take. None of our forward/midfield line have any sort of consistency right now. Its easy for us to blame the strikers but they're being fed scraps and rubbish at times. Connolly, Ross, Easton and Stanton have to all do better when we go forward to create good clear opportunities as much as Connell and Gullan do putting them away. 

9 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I'm basing that on 9 games a 1/4 , just means we play Arbroath twice in the 2nd 1/4 and dont face Cove again till the 3rd, the hypothetical scenario remains the same 

And looking at that table if Cove and Morten get a win tonight we're down to 8th, highly unlikely but could happen

Put some lottery numbers on this week aye? 

22 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A couple of really bad results in the making for us tonight. Looks like we'll be 8th come 9.30 tonight. 

It's a trap to fall in to getting depressed when other teams don't do you a favour.

End of the day, if we want to do anything we'll need to go and win some games of football. We've got the game in hand as well.

28 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A couple of really bad results in the making for us tonight. Looks like we'll be 8th come 9.30 tonight. 

You'll be delighted.

Don't want to spoil your night but we have a game in hand at home to Cove, who we just beat with a weak team.