The New Raith Rovers Thread

We are not very good, needed a striker three months ago and are in for a tough season. 

There appear to be teams that are worse than us so hopefully we won't go down. 

1 minute ago, renton said:

That was frustrating as hell.

Absolutely. We just couldn't handle the no 66 at corners. How we didn't score is beyond me. 

I do think we are making progress though, despite today's result. 

38 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Absolutely. We just couldn't handle the no 66 at corners. How we didn't score is beyond me. 

I do think we are making progress though, despite today's result. 

Yeah, we weren't bad by any means.  Dominated the early proceedings and should have scored towards the end.  Game was lost from the set piece.

We do really lose focus in the immediate aftermath of going behind, which is a concern.

Whilst I do think the ability of Mitchell and Arnott are in danger of being overplayed, I'm struggling to see how we have benefited from losing them and bringing Mcbride in.  

Might just be a frustrating season as we try and rebuild.  It's not been a transfer window that lends itself to a squad rebuild, we may need a few of them before the team really takes shape.  Need to avoid a relegation scrap, of course, but mid table with a reasonable route to top 4 next season is absolutely fine.

Edited by CALDERON

41 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Lack of a proper striker again? 

The issue with Murray so far is the panic that sets in when we go one down. There was plenty of time to rescue that, but we spent half the time punting the ball quickly to no one before we calmed down.

17 minutes ago, renton said:

The issue with Murray so far is the panic that sets in when we go one down. There was plenty of time to rescue that, but we spent half the time punting the ball quickly to no one before we calmed down.

I said it elsewhere, but it's a bit "These are my principles, and if you don't like them, I have others". 

If your belief in the system you've chosen is so fragile that you throw it away at the first sign of defeat, can it really be that good to begin with? 

Honestly it wasn't an issue with not having a striker today it was an issue with possession and composure.

We were hoofing the ball without even looking where it was going. We panicked and had no composure when on the ball which worries me more.

Easton is going to be inconsistent its the type of player he is. When he was dropped against Dundee he came on second half like a man possessed. He might need benching now and again as part of his man management. Connolly looks a bit gubbed at the minute as well, hopefully just a wee patch of form. 

This season is going to frustrate the f**k out of us. 

12 minutes ago, P.C said:

Honestly it wasn't an issue with not having a striker today it was an issue with possession and composure.

We were hoofing the ball without even looking where it was going. We panicked and had no composure when on the ball which worries me more.

Worryingly, McDonald has been a culprit for this.  His distribution today was brutal at times.  

25 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I said it elsewhere, but it's a bit "These are my principles, and if you don't like them, I have others". 

If your belief in the system you've chosen is so fragile that you throw it away at the first sign of defeat, can it really be that good to begin with? 

It's not like it was even a change of system, not really. It felt more like individually players abandoning any sense of discipline or time in favour of trying every low percentage quick ball going.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

It's not like it was even a change of system, not really. It felt more like individually players abandoning any sense of discipline or time in favour of trying every low percentage quick ball going.

It's more of an abandonment of system altogether. Just chucking attackers on and hoping sheer weight of numbers somehow leads to a goal. 

8 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

It's more of an abandonment of system altogether. Just chucking attackers on and hoping sheer weight of numbers somehow leads to a goal. 

Again, I don't feel like it came tactically. When he made the sub it was Gullan out wide rather than everyone up top.

It was more that on the park, individual players for whatever reason, resorted to sheer panic.

Edited by renton

1 minute ago, renton said:

Again, I don't feel like it came tactically. When he made the aub it was Gullan out wide rather than everyone up top.

It was more that on the park, individual players for whatever reason, resorted to sheer panic.

Gullan was at the expense of Nolan (I think), which seemed a bit much with do much of the game to go.

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Gullan was at the expense of Nolan (I think), which seemed a bit much with do much of the game to go.

Which is fair, but more that it wasn't a two up front and really, we'd already been panicking against a frankly quite pish QP team.

14 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Murray and Easton? If you're looking to get shot of them, feel free to drop them off at Airdrie Stadium emoji16.png

Every possibility we'll be giving them a lift after the next 3 matches...